Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    First impressions new maps are decent, though running around on Jade can be a bit of a nightmare if you've low shields/health as you're very vulnerable to distant fire. Tactically you're best to hold the upper level, and only go down if you have to. Goddess seems pretty fun, but can be a bit of a nightmare if the enemy have a few turrets up as there are some long views through the central space which is a hold point).

Only unlocked the Vorcha soldier so far. Seems pretty fun (flame thrower is nice), but takes getting used to. JG seemed to enjoy it.

Tried out the funky new Krysae Sniper Rifle, which just seems a tad OP. Maybe it's just the gib effect, but the gun seems to totally destroy pretty much everything.
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

He who controls the Doge controls the universe

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadayi View Post
    First impressions new maps are decent, though running around on Jade can be a bit of a nightmare if you've low shields/health as you're very vulnerable to distant fire. Tactically you're best to hold the upper level, and only go down if you have to. Goddess seems pretty fun, but can be a bit of a nightmare if the enemy have a few turrets up as there are some long views through the central space which is a hold point).

Only unlocked the Vorcha soldier so far. Seems pretty fun (flame thrower is nice), but takes getting used to. JG seemed to enjoy it.

Tried out the funky new Krysae Sniper Rifle, which just seems a tad OP. Maybe it's just the gib effect, but the gun seems to totally destroy pretty much everything.
    Well we did play on bronze and even the Widow makes Cerberus confetti.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar

The ultralight alloy for SMGs is also still broken.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

On the plus side, the Reegar is stupid fun. It's childishly giggle-worthy how fast this thing melts whatever's in front of you.

Looking forward to playing with the Vorcha and the new guns, I expect the Quarians to be shit as usual :P

[As an aside, whenever I hear Reegar I automatically think of Rhaegar and thus want to re-read the books x) ]

Still no go on my part. And seems other people have problems too. EA support had no idea what was wrong.

Hope they will release a separate downloadable installer, but that would be admitting something is not right with their Origin client.
    Steam: krusader83 | Origin: Sceptrum
    Planetside 2: SceptrumVS (Miller) : SceptrumNC (Mallory) : SceptrumTR (Lithcorp)

I got a Phoenix Adept and hooooooly shit. Biotic explosions galore, Singularity, Lash, Smash are a perfect melange. Granted, I didn't finish the Gold match (wiped out at Wave 9 with three people) but damn. I would have gladly paid real money for this pack, if for the Ex-Cerberus Adept alone.

Regarding the maps, Jade and Goddess are both really good. Jade has more vertical levels than probably all the rest. Goddess is again different, good different. So far so good! (Although I do wish I could've unlocked at least one of the new guns before I had to do my Physics homework -_-)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Yeah, I think I screwed up by not giving my adept Singularity. Lash is clearly designed to work with it. The problem is, to get any use out of Smash, you need to be in the open; adepts are weak enough as it is, not being fully specced into more health would surely be a problem, unlike for asari adepts considering all their moves are long range. I might be using a respec token later...
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sceptrum View Post
    Still no go on my part. And seems other people have problems too. EA support had no idea what was wrong.

Hope they will release a separate downloadable installer, but that would be admitting something is not right with their Origin client.
    Best bet, uninstall ME3 and reinstall. Sometime repair doesn't do the trick, and it's necessary to nuke the site from Orbit.

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Best bet, uninstall ME3 and reinstall. Sometime repair doesn't do the trick, and it's necessary to nuke the site from Orbit.
    Read that other people have tried and didn't change. Plus, these posts from Bioware Tech support, from people with same issue shows that its not client-side.

Tried installing Resurgence on my laptop and it gave me the same problem. I'm pretty it is a server-side issue.
    This appears to be a server side or ACCOUNT based issue. My PC has no issues, i own the Collectors Edition. My buddy down the street has the standard edition and is running into the same issue - so we tried an experiment. He came to my house and logged into Origin on my PC, downloaded and installed ME3 and then tried downloading the Rebellion DLC - EXACT SAME ERROR.

So there is nothing wrong witht he local clients - it's a server/Account issue.
    Planetside 2: SceptrumVS (Miller) : SceptrumNC (Mallory) : SceptrumTR (Lithcorp)

Sceptrum. I'm wondering if I dropbox you the DLC folder you can get it up and running.

Probable Replicant

Sceptrum. I'm wondering if I dropbox you the DLC folder you can get it up and running.
    It won't and it will even be a violation of ToC. The DLC will be there, but won't be registered to my Origin account, so the assets will be locked.

Also did uninstall and reinstall Mass Effect 3 just to have that ruled out, and it did not solve anything. In fact I was able to download the other DLC without any problems (CE content, From Ashes & Resurgence). So it is definitely a server-side issue where Origin Store is unable to register that I've "bought" Rebellion and thus part of my account.

well, good luck in getting it resolved soon.
    - Tom De Roeck.

monochrom & verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post

The ultralight alloy for SMGs is also still broken.
    pretty sure it's fixed. I tried it out on my hornet and my brand spanking new hurricane, and there was a definite change in the recharge time in on the powers menu when it was equipped. I haven't gone so far as to time the recharges in game, but it certainly seemed solid in terms of recharge.

Things that happened yesterday:

Rebellion and update loaded fine on my gaming pc.

Rebellion downloaded fine onto my laptop.

Update gave me error 123.

Went through numerous hoops, before finally downloading EA's specially developed beta origin, then switched off read only on the origin games folder and all files and subfolders, then downloaded game, then used standard origin downloader to update origin to an earlier version, making sure NOT to uninstall the crazy super beta origin, just let the standard installer revert to the earlier version. Naturally, I had only done this last step after I'd tried installing super crazy beta, switched off read only, updated programme, uninstalled super crazy origin and reinstalled standard origin, only to have it try to REUPDATE ME3 AND not be able to do it.

Thought I was hunky dory.

booted up me3, only for it to tell me that the rebellion dlc I had downloaded could not be authorized and could I sign in to the alliance network using the account I'd downloaded it with. Which is, you know, my only origin account.

repaired all installs of me3 and dlc.

still not working.

went to desktop, checked I could still use rebellion, repaired me3 just for laughs.

went to store, saw that the victory packs and commendation packs were there.

tried to redeem victory pack TWICE. both times, i magically lost connection to origin servers, got dumped back to the main me3 menu, and went back in only to be told that I was a new n7 recruit and had none of my unlockables. each time, I quit out of me3 and restarted and everything was back to normal.

third time round, redeemed commendation pack (hurricane, yay), and then successfully redeemed victory pack.

sighed in relief, shut down desktop. went back to laptop one last time to check.

still wouldn't authorize rebellion dlc. cursed, played two extremely laggy games on silver without the rebellion dlc and ended up wasting 6 poxy health packs, because I refuse to rage quit.

Will, spent almost an hour and near a tenner trying to get it resolved via phone. If nothing else, they've got shed loads of notes to give to their technical team. Decent lads that I was talking too, mind. It would seem EA have a technical support call centre somewhere in Nor'n Ireland.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Oshada View Post
    Looking forward to playing with the Vorcha and the new guns, I expect the Quarians to be shit as usual :P

[As an aside, whenever I hear Reegar I automatically think of Rhaegar and thus want to re-read the books x) ]
    The male quarian engineer is the most support class so far, his temporary geth-like vision gives damage boost against targets scanned, it's strange we have not gotten an Salarian Medic so far.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Lesser Hivemind Node westyfield's Avatar
    Opened my victory pack to find... a Geth Plasma Shotgun level 2.

An incremental upgrade for a crap gun I don't use anyway. Grr.

GPS a crap gun??? Gott in Himmel!

Innit just! That thar's crazy talk, when Infiltrator specced for weap dmg and a GPS is an absolute beast of a DPS class.
    Charge - Cloak - Fire and you'll one-shot a Marauder, shields an' all - and that still allows for a follow-up shot before cloak gets cancelled. Rinse and repeat.
    Plus with the choke attachment you can merrily snipe whilst bunkering down, killing anything without shields/barrier/armour in one or two shots.

I absolutely love the Reegar, but sometimes it's a bit of a bugger to judge it's extremely short range and a few too many enemies may close in before you can hit anything.