Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/kadayi/...089?tab=public

Challenge completed. Hard as coffin nails though (still likely to be run again though for those who are for it). Fundamentally the team was loaded up with APIII. 2 Sentinels 2 Soldiers and the strategy was to reduce the banshees barriers down using warp and funnel them into a kill zone at the top above the ramp where the prox mines/concussive shots and close range weapons could take them down before the rest of the horde could really overwhelm us. On the whole the strategy worked pretty well though we had a couple of Banshee OHKs due to the sticky nature of the geometry. As ever with gold fortune favoured us with the objectives to some degree. The first being delivery, second targets and third holding an area (which required some judicious use of rockets), but on the whole went far smoother than we expected for a wave 10 assignment.
    Last edited by Kadayi; 08-06-2012 at 12:11 AM.
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

Congratulations guys. When can we expect a video? :)

Bootch is the video master. I believe he's working on the Geth infiltrator murder machine one presently so Turian gold might be a while. plus he'll no doubt be looking for some suitably sombre Turian tunes to go with it.

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Challenge video forthcoming.

Next week's challenge? I say either "EXPLOSIONS! EXPLOSIONS! EXPLOSIONS!" (Falcon/Scorpion, Human Soldier, Geth Gold Run) or "FACE STABBING FUN!" (Vorcha Melee, Cerberus Gold, Melee and Grab Gold medals for everyone).

Activated Node
    Glad you guys made it! I missed this one, but I will be there for the next one. Melee or 'splosions sounds fun!

Ha, great stuff! Nice tunes choices man.
    Wasn't chuffed with my Phaeston locking up on round 9 with Banshees everywhere - think I'd gone down whilst pulling or priming my launcher and it glitched, only letting me fire one shot at a time then. When it did eventually let me switch back to launcher it fixed itself after firing, before the wave 10 hack thankfully.

"cursing alot means you might not make it" - lol.
    Last edited by Memph; 08-06-2012 at 08:56 AM.

I'm tempted to just make a remix video of Kad saying nothing but "Fuck/Shit/Nice/Toast".

Quote Originally Posted by Memph View Post
    "cursing alot means you might not make it"
    Pfft. Loud cursing reduces Banshees barriers faster (it is known). In fact I should of cursed more. Also I'd of made it if it wasn't for that ravager carrying out a tyre inspection on the APC blocking my way. :(

*shakes fist*

Anyhows I must admit watching the video I thought it all went surprisingly smoothly, even with weapon malfunctions. Could of sworn wave 6 was targets, but I guess that might of been on the earlier test run. Sticking together on the high ground paid dividends both in getting people back into the action fast and reducing the artillery fire of the ravagers. Extraction didn't quite go as planned, however coming up through the pocket and between the platform and vehicles (beside ravager cockblockers) wasn't too bad a solution given it afforded some degree of cover from everything else.

I know a few people wanted to get this one Bootch, so it might be an idea to run it again over the weekend, though as I'm away you'll have to take over swearing duties.

funny_shit_were_toast_wallpapersuggest_com-320x480.jpg
    Last edited by Kadayi; 08-06-2012 at 10:06 AM.

Probable Replicant

I'm happy to take up swearing duties, especially against Reapers.
    Steampowered. Origin: Simmura

Fair enough, I can do another round of Turian crazies Saturday evening for you European folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Simmura McCrea View Post
    I'm happy to take up swearing duties, especially against Reapers.
    one day, we should just do an all swearing gold. No comms without a swear. It really shouldn't be that hard.

And yeah, I need to get in on that turian gold run. Anything to stamp down the foul prejudice against turian soldiers.

You know, I hear they get monkey chants in the Ukraine and Poland.

Quote Originally Posted by RakeShark View Post
    I'm tempted to just make a remix video of Kad saying nothing but "Fuck/Shit/Nice/Toast".
    In a firefight, you want a man who can shoot and eat toast.

FACT.

Quote Originally Posted by RakeShark View Post
    Fair enough, I can do another round of Turian crazies Saturday evening for you European folks.
    Given the video intro I thought you'd send it as a response to those other guys who N7'd Cerberus on Condor.

Also might be an idea to add some appropriate tags so it gets Youtube hits (mass effect 3, turian, etc, etc). Also delete my first comment as I always get shields and barriers confused (not enough morning caffeine).

one day, we should just do an all swearing gold. No comms without a swear. It really shouldn't be that hard.
    The likely effect will be massive swear explosions which will reduce the banshees barriers even faster. I naturally approve of this plan.

A strict toast & marmalade regime is the cornerstone of any successful gold run.

Also Bootch you can adjust the size+ position of the overlay in mumble under configure/settings/overlay. Might want to adjust it down for future videos, or just turn it off (presently no direct shortcut for that though, however again can be done under settings). As it's a little distracting.

Probable Replicant

I keep the overlay so that it's only people who are talking that are displayed. Changed it to that after my first ARPS session and haven't changed back.

In other news, I now have Fraps and a youtube account that matches my username. Expect me messing about with Fraps in future matches.
    Steampowered. Origin: Simmura

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizlah View Post
    That is an amazing sentence.