Wargame: European Escalation is Out?

I just noticed that this game is available on Steam! I'm going to pick up a copy as soon as I have time to play it, but has anybody beat me to it? I haven't heard anything about it on my usual strategy game blogs. But the developer, Eugen, made my favorite RTS of all time - Act of War and it's expansion - plus RUSE, which a lot of people around really seemed to enjoy, and I had a bit of fun with.

So if you've got W:EE, what do you think of it so far?

I really need a demo of this. Really curious about it, with it being the cold war, and the slightly more realistic than usual focus. Hope there will be one soon...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    outof8 gave it an 7/8 so it's a cool game apparently

It's a really good game. Singleplayer is remarkably solid, too - the first couple of missions fill the tutorial role, but everything from there on is a serious challenge. It's kinda like a blend of RUSE and Combat Mission with a bit of World In Conflict. Little to no micromanagement, aside from occasionally telling supply trucks to go back to refill. It's all about large-scale fighting.

I'd be playing it a lot more if I had more time.

Obscure Node
    The game is wonderful! I have been playing it since release. Very little unit micro-management and a lot of emphasize on getting the right units to fight together. The amount of units and the whole deck building can be a bit overwhelming at times, but after a couple of games you'll get the hang of it. Also: the singleplayer is quite fun and a good way to learn about the different units and their uses. I never played RUSE, but am a big fan of Men of War - this seems to be MoW on a slightly larger scale...

Awesome, thanks for the opinions, guys - I'll definitely be getting it this weekend. I'm especially glad to hear the single player is good, as I didn't hear anything about that during the development and a lot of the marketing focused on multiplayer.

Activated Node
    Really enjoying this too :)

Network Hub
    We've got a thread over in social gaming, if you want to play multiplayer with other RPS-ers. :3 -- > http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/foru...hread.php?3151

I, for one, am a huge fan.

Activated Node
    Ohh, good thing I didn't do what I was just about to do and suggest a social group then!