Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar

20ish minutes of Elder Scrolls Online gameplay

So...yeah. Thoughts? From what I've heard this is an incredibly early build/on the lowest graphic settings for bug testing, so I suppose that's worth bearing in mind. After all there's no hands in first person etc etc...I'm just going what I'm reading on the net but a few players have come out and said that the game is much more polished than this now, which I can believe. Graphically it looks worse than everything we've seen so far.

Edit: Alternate link since the Youtube one is down:

http://www.dailymotion.com/gb/search...1#video=xz02gm
    Last edited by Sketch; 14-04-2013 at 03:48 PM.
    steam: sketch

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sakkura's Avatar
    Well, I won't comment on the graphics or such since they're a WIP.

What I do find interesting is the use of voiced quest givers, the existence of some sort of stealth system (not just some rogue vanish-magic as in other MMOs). Oh, and Soul Healer? Really, is it going to be Elder WoW Online?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sinister agent's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakkura View Post
    Really, is it going to be Elder WoW Online?
    Why would you ever doubt this?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Did not see it in time to comment.

Hahaha, even the second link is down but it's not surprising to hear its a WoW clone.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus soldant's Avatar
    On one hand - Yay, explore new places!
    On the other hand - It's a freakin' MMO with nothing exciting.

If this was a sort of a sandbox offline game, or something like Guild Wars 2, I'd probably buy into this. But otherwise? No.
    Nalano's Law - As an online gaming discussion regarding restrictions grows longer, the probability of a post likening the topic to the Democratic People's Republic of Korea approaches one.
    Soldant's Law - A person will happily suspend their moral values if they can express moral outrage by doing so.

Network Hub
    Basically what they've done is made another WoW like MMO, just so bored of them, same shit since 2005. I've been so bored of the genre since then, there hasn't been a single good one release, they've all flopped too, so I cannot be alone. I always thought I'd love an Elder Scrolls MMO because it was basically like an MMO anyways, only it would be a fun one, sadly though they're not making The Elder Scrolls, they're making WoW.

Now before anyone who hasn't played EQ until after WoW says "but wow copied EQ", 1. that is another argument and 2. EQ pre WoW was nothing like what EQ has done to clone itself into WoW today.

Pro-tip: If you're going to run backwards through hostile territory, swivel the camera around to check behind you as you run. That way, you won't go out like a chump to a couple of wolves.

And holy shit! A character creation screen where your character keeps their fucking head still while you're working on it, instead of bopping all over the place like they're at an AC/DC gig. That, coupled with the first person view is enough for me to at least give the trial version of the game a go when it drops.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sakkura's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sinister agent View Post
    Why would you ever doubt this?
    Well I knew it was going to somewhat of a clone, but I did expect them to attempt to disguise that fact.

Obscure Node
    Well, that appeared to be staggeringly-boring.

Unless there's some sort of magical, intangible quality to the gameplay in the final version... I'm predicting a flop.

It's not working anymore, but I've seen it somewhere else. I was hoping it would be better. But it still looks good for me.

Why didn't they just use all that money to make a dlc for Skyrim in which they allowed characters from SP to be imported to multiplayer so you could have co-op at least.

Quote Originally Posted by UnderwaterCacty View Post
    Why didn't they just use all that money to make a dlc for Skyrim in which they allowed characters from SP to be imported to multiplayer so you could have co-op at least.
    TES Online has been been in development since, I think, 2007. That was a time when people still used the phrase "WoW killer" without air quotes. Nowadays we know that this is not how things work. This game is already a relic and a couple of years too late. Even if it turns out to be decent it will be difficult to make any profit from it unless they cut down the budget over the years.
    Also, it's a prequel and this ain't Lordran.
    Old hat! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Antique! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Recently updated! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus b0rsuk's Avatar
    We used to call them mmorpg, but they are better described as wwowpg.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    TES Online has been been in development since, I think, 2007.
    Correction, the game that is now TES Online has been in development since, you think, 2007. It has been revealed in 2013. Have you heard about Command&Conquer: Generals 2 ? The one on Frostbite engine ? There's no such thing. It is now called C&C: Tiberium Alliances. It has been rebranded, in the same way an unnamed generic medieval fantasy FPS has been rebranded to Hexen 2. In previous millenium.
    Last edited by b0rsuk; 23-04-2013 at 05:49 AM.
    pass