Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Looks good!

Some fresh screens from today with fog of war:

Lesser Hivemind Node squareking's Avatar
    I am finding it terribly hard not to be overly excited about this.
    steam

Hey! I got some new screenshots showing the interface. This is how the treasury screen will look like in the game - this is where heroes can purchase, store and repair their equipment. It's not final though.

And this is where you hire heroes:

I'd like to know what you think of these :)
    Last edited by Imperium; 17-05-2012 at 03:47 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    One suggestion that I have read somewhere else. One square slot per item devaluates their "awesomeness", if a piece of cheese takes up as much space as a battleaxe. I am not saying you should make a Diablo inventory, but maybe use up some space to show a picture for the item category (god I should do a mockup) like a preview. Not one per item but one per category, it still gives the feeling of power with weapons instead of numbers in a square.

Lesser Hivemind Node agentorange's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pakoito View Post
    One suggestion that I have read somewhere else. One square slot per item devaluates their "awesomeness", if a piece of cheese takes up as much space as a battleaxe. I am not saying you should make a Diablo inventory, but maybe use up some space to show a picture for the item category (god I should do a mockup) like a preview. Not one per item but one per category, it still gives the feeling of power with weapons instead of numbers in a square.
    I think you can get the same effect by just giving the item a different coloured name and description (obviously orange would be the best quality).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by agentorange View Post
    I think you can get the same effect by just giving the item a different coloured name and description (obviously orange would be the best quality).
    It is not the same, we are not trying to measure quality in here, just trying to abstract the player from thinking of objects as "numeric passive bonuses". You have to give them shape, not colour, for that.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    They look great. The fog of war screenies look very good. I don't mind the inventory as it is a treasury, so you don't want it to be full with only a couple of battle axes, so one square per item, kinda works.

If we could play it now, we could tell you more about how it looks in action ;)

Lesser Hivemind Node icupnimpn2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pakoito View Post
    Bigger = better seems like exactly the wrong paradigm for, say, a world with magic. A tiny ring could be stronger than a giant axe. Requiring items to take up more than one slot is valuable, I think, only to represent the size and bulk of something in games where encumbrance is a part of the design. It is a limitation, not an indicator of strength of any real kind. Even in a world without magic, a two handed sword is not necessarily a better weapon than a one handed-sword when taking into consideration rate of attack.

Having weapons or items take up multiple inventory slots also makes less sense at the macro level than at the micro level. If you're playing as one or a handful of characters, limits relative to item size is one possible approximation of real life limits. If you're playing the commander of an army, just assume one of your minions is carrying the apple of nothingness for you until the time you need it. You don't need to know who is carrying it or why. You just need to know you have it and can use it.

I'd like to let you know that we use color differentiation for items in the game and thereíre sets of them too. Most of the items are ďwhiteĒ but thereíre colored ones. Itís mainly made for people who want every item they have to be the best. After all itís a strategy game.

I should also note that itís possible to be defeated by a commander without any items at all but with a powerful and experienced army.

I'd like to let you know that we use color differentiation for items in the game and there are sets of them too. Most of the items are “white” but there are also colored ones. It’s mainly made for people who want every item they have to be the best. After all it’s a strategy game.

It’s possible to be defeated by a commander without any items at all but with a powerful and experienced army.

I also got some updates :)

We finally launched our new official site where you'll be able to find latest media and information on the game. I post most of it here anyway but still :)

And we made a little gameplay trailer. It's available on Gametrailers and on YouTube.
    Last edited by Imperium; 25-05-2012 at 02:30 PM.

Apologies for this, but:

steam

Hey guys, it's been a while.

I wanted to share these new screenshots with weather effects:

It looks better in game of course :)
    Last edited by Imperium; 09-06-2012 at 11:31 AM.

Very very pretty :)

Any updates on this?
    steam

Quote Originally Posted by squareking View Post
    Any updates on this?
    They are one the way :)

In the meanwhile, we submitted Eador to Steam Greenlight. So if you guys want to see the game there please upvote it. Thanks in advance :)
    Last edited by Imperium; 04-09-2012 at 10:02 AM.

Upvoting right now.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    This looks absolutely fantastic.

Thanks for your input :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I doubt that something of such obvious quality will need Greenlight to get onto Steam, but voted for it anyway.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.