Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sparkasaurusmex's Avatar
    The posted screen shots in this thread really are beautiful. Voting on Steam now.

Quote Originally Posted by NathanH View Post
    I doubt that something of such obvious quality will need Greenlight to get onto Steam, but voted for it anyway.
    RIght now greenlight is the only way of submitting to steam, so it does need it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorzan View Post
    RIght now greenlight is the only way of submitting to steam, so it does need it.
    Huh? You mean Greenlight is to replace the previous system rather than augment it? That's crazy!
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NathanH View Post
    Huh? You mean Greenlight is to replace the previous system rather than augment it? That's crazy!

This is..MADNESS!

They'll eventually reinstate the old system eventually, but I guess this was the best way of generating tons of data early.

Obscure Node
    i do kinda want to see it on greenlight...

Thanks for your help guys.

As promised we released a short video that explains the gameplay basics. Hope you'll like it.
    Last edited by Imperium; 13-09-2012 at 12:24 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    Waiting for the in-depth combat video.

Quote Originally Posted by pakoito View Post
    Waiting for the in-depth combat video.
    We'll get to that :)

In the meanwhile here's a new video showing the strategic level in Eador:

Also be sure to check our forum. Some interesting things will be happening there soon :) Here's the link: http://www.snowbirdgames.com/forum/index.php
    Last edited by Imperium; 19-10-2012 at 12:47 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    Voted and the game looks great, but I'm sorry that accent really cracks me up :D

Lesser Hivemind Node squareking's Avatar
    I'm trying to find something not to like in these videos, but it's not working. :D Are you guys now 100% dependent on Greenlight to get on Steam? edit: nevermind, apparently Greenlight is the only way to get onto Steam nowadays.
    Last edited by squareking; 19-10-2012 at 11:27 PM.
    steam

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    Holy cow, why have I not heard of this before!? It looks awesome! Got my vote.

Quote Originally Posted by squareking View Post
    I'm trying to find something not to like in these videos, but it's not working. :D Are you guys now 100% dependent on Greenlight to get on Steam? edit: nevermind, apparently Greenlight is the only way to get onto Steam nowadays.
    Yeah, for the newcomers (like us) it's really the only way. Good thing we're in 14th place by rating so there's pretty good chance we'll make it :)

Lesser Hivemind Node squareking's Avatar
    Picked up the GOG version of Eador Genesis last night and it's fantastic. Shades of HoMM and King's Bounty in there, but it's definitely its own beast. If Broken World is more or less an update to Genesis' formula, it'll be a hit.
    steam

Is there a new ETA on this game? Also, how does this game relate to Eador: Genisis exactly?

Thanks,
    -Mike

I'm not a big strategy fan, but this looks really, really interesting. You got my upvote.
    Virtual Pilot 3Dô NEVER NOT SCAM!

I see that this has now been greenlit.

Quote Originally Posted by scarymike23 View Post
    Is there a new ETA on this game? Also, how does this game relate to Eador: Genisis exactly?

Thanks,
    -Mike
    It's a graphical remake mostly, with some interface improvements, campaign length optimization and some other tweaks.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperium View Post
    The game's inspired by many strategy titles including Master of Magic (mainly), Warlords, Civilization series and even Europe Universalis. Surprisingly this combination works very well :)

As for "hardcore" part Eador includes ridiculous amount of possible ways to achieve your goals. All the different combinations of your heroes, armies and building can dramatically change your game. And it's quite unforgiving to player who once went wrong in his tactics and strategy.
    Y'know that was a FANTASTIC answer for what amounted to a slightly sniffy/diggy/trolly question - well done - count me interested :)

Lesser Hivemind Node Drinking with Skeletons's Avatar
    I have a question about AI. I've been playing around with Genesis after reading a nice write-up on a blog, and I quite like what I've seen. What concerns me is the emphasis on battling the AI. Is there any hope that the game will include single-player maps (outside of the campaign) that focus, perhaps exclusively, on achieving victory in other ways?

I'm thinking specifically along the lines of what existed for Disciples and Disciple II, which featured victory conditions like "Clear a specific ruin" and "Capture a specific city," and were mostly structured to facilitate that. I would've been happy had there been no enemy AI at all, since they were inevitably just a nuisance to me.

I know that many people want strong AI to stomp on, but I've always been more enthralled with the RPG side of strategy-RPG hybrids.