Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    @ Imperium

Thanks for the response. This sounds like its right up my street.

Here's hoping for a smooth development.

One last question.
    Are the different sides actually different? I mean do they have unique units or techs and does the AI play them differently or the enemies procedurally generated?
    Last edited by Bhazor; 07-03-2012 at 11:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhazor View Post
    @ Imperium

Thanks for the response. This sounds like its right up my street.

Here's hoping for a smooth development.

One last question.
    Are the different sides actually different? I mean do they have unique units or techs and does the AI play them differently or the enemies procedurally generated?
    Well that's the thing, there are no strict "sides" in the game.
    You play as one of the Gods (Masters) that has its own karma merits, his own fame within the universe etc. And you can hire any unit of any race considering you're fit to their "world outlook" characteristic. Army you can make (and so can the enemy) may consist of very different species :)

There are of course classic fantasy races with their history and culture in the game but you'll never see a hero with a pack of units of the same race. That's how it is :) I can't tell as much for AI as it's still not final at the moment but it'll definitely be an improvement over the first game.

Hey guys! Let me share some updates on the project.

Not so long ago we revealed our new city screen. Here it is:

city_screen.jpg

Please tell me what you think of the current version. If you're curious of the thought process behind it there's some explanation here.

You can also read developer's stories about the setting and events generation system.

The last but not the least - music :) Check out one of the in-game tracks :)

Lesser Hivemind Node agentorange's Avatar
    Master of Magic is one of my favourite 4x games. I've been waiting for a similar fantasy 4x game to come out for ages now, so I will most definitely be buying this. I really like that city screen too, and out of those references you showed I think its the best; even if there are screen styles that are more "functional", I'd rather be able to look at an aesthetically pleasing screen than some mishmash of stats and dull buildings.

Quote Originally Posted by agentorange View Post
    Master of Magic is one of my favourite 4x games. I've been waiting for a similar fantasy 4x game to come out for ages now, so I will most definitely be buying this. I really like that city screen too, and out of those references you showed I think its the best; even if there are screen styles that are more "functional", I'd rather be able to look at an aesthetically pleasing screen than some mishmash of stats and dull buildings.
    Thanks a lot!

Here are some new screenshots. Don't mind the Russian :)

Lesser Hivemind Node squareking's Avatar
    Beautiful!
    steam

That does look pretty. It doesn't seem to be exactly my cup of tea but I'd like to try a demo to see if I actually like it.

A new piece of music, check it out :)

http://soundcloud.com/lekken-1/in-the-name-of-glory

Lesser Hivemind Node squareking's Avatar
    So basically my only remaining question is: when?

:)
    steam

Quote Originally Posted by squareking View Post
    So basically my only remaining question is: when?

:)
    We're aiming for October with possible beta test in August or September :)

Looks really nice. Will you be gunning for distribution on GOG too?

Quote Originally Posted by Krikey! View Post
    Looks really nice. Will you be gunning for distribution on GOG too?
    For now we're only trying to work out distribution ways but we'll consider all possible options including this one.

Activated Node
    Is this going to be a true, satisfying, successor to Master of Magic, or a disappointment like all the other titles that were supposed to be that?

Does the AI work? Can it win at least half of the time without cheating against skilled humans?

Quote Originally Posted by wuwul View Post
    Is this going to be a true, satisfying, successor to Master of Magic, or a disappointment like all the other titles that were supposed to be that?
    It's still a bit early to say for sure but we're getting there. I hope you won't be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by wuwul View Post
    Does the AI work? Can it win at least half of the time without cheating against skilled humans?
    AI plays fair. At least it doesn't generate armies and buildings from nothing like in Civilization. It's trained to trace weak spots in player's defense on the strategic map, evaluate your forces and will retreat if advantage is not on its side. It can also focus on hero killing during a fight.

But for an experienced player it’s still a bit weak that’s why we offer a few harder difficulty levels for them.

By the way when we ran a playtest in the studio two very hardcore HoMM 3 fans played on normal difficulty and failed to progress further than the second shard in the game :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    Specs are netbook-friendly? My rule of thumb is, if Rise from Erebus (FfH2 modmod for Civ IV) why shouldn't this :P

Quote Originally Posted by pakoito View Post
    Specs are netbook-friendly? My rule of thumb is, if Rise from Erebus (FfH2 modmod for Civ IV) why shouldn't this :P
    Depends on the netbook but all in all the game is not too greedy.

Banned
    Hmm... Is it possible to build things on the strategy map?

Quote Originally Posted by R-F View Post
    Hmm... Is it possible to build things on the strategy map?
    Besides building the City (the capital) you can also develop provinces. For example you can build a Fort where you're able to buy reinforcements without having to head off to the capital.
    Last edited by Imperium; 24-04-2012 at 09:13 AM.

This is genuinely mouth-watering. You got an almost guaranteed sale here already. Which is rash of me!

Have a look at different lighting schemes in the game: