Results 121 to 124 of 124
22-04-2013, 02:09 PM #121
you can use it like I describe in my thread to manually update.
I know it's annoying it doesn't just update automatically but if you really want to play the updated version there you go. Not really sure what/if anything that fixes though since they never released patch notes.
22-04-2013, 07:28 PM #122
- Join Date
- Jun 2011
22-04-2013, 11:47 PM #123
Haven't encountered many bugs--yet--but the game doesn't display properly on laptop resolutions; the UI is cut off at the top. If laptops are your only choice, hold off until/unless it's fixed.
Past that, I'm enjoying the game (on my desktop that I rarely use anymore :/). It is a bit grindy, but I attribute that to the HoMM-inspired battle versus the AI. If it had been focused more on something without needless back-and-forth (capture a specific province, clear a specific ruin, etc.) it would probably have been better. However, it isn't nearly as bad as HoMM, at least at the lower difficulty levels. In fact, it's rather zen; the biggest limiter is developing your capital and provinces to be able to handle the nastier encounters.
I wouldn't say there's no strategy involved, either. There's actually some pretty interesting mechanics in play--morale and fatigue specifically--and some of the monsters are ludicrously powerful, capable of cutting through an entire army if you aren't careful. I've focused on the magic system, and I've really enjoyed the necromantic spells; I can't speak to how effective non-wizard heroes are or how they might play.
Probably the game's biggest issue is that it really does seem to be Eador: Genesis but prettier and buggier. You could wait for the issues to get ironed out and enjoy the pleasing (though not amazing) graphics and mildly improved UI (and this is subjective), or you could just buy the simpler, more functional, but otherwise identical product available from many outlets.
22-04-2013, 11:53 PM #124
The first patch is out already and it looks to be on the right track:
Today's patch for the game has the following changes and fixes:
- Updated HUD for provinces.
- Multiplayer stability is improved.
- While attacking his own guard a player could control both sides during the battle.
- While attacking an enemy hero who besieges an allied province, players could get a wrong description of the enemy's army.
- Missing battle results during exploring of a province's sights.
- Number of taken shards wasn't updated in the statistics.
- 'Keys of Truth' questline was considered complete after the tutorial ended.
- On the strategic map death of the last unit in an enemy AI's army by poisoning could lead to the game's crash.
- Tooltip display bug after conquering a shard.
- Impossible to hire heroes during the tutorial.
- Game crash during a battle with a unicorn.
- Dead units appearing during tactical battles.
- Game crash during a battle with no restriction for magic.
- Fixed 'Necromancy' skill.
During this week we'll also be adding to the game:
- Hotseat for the tactical mode.
- Turn timers in multiplayer.
- Faster unit animation.Steam ID ; GFWL: alset85