Legend of Pegasus? Anyone playing it?

Is it as unfinished and alpha-ish catastrophe as people say?
    Last edited by Tres; 11-08-2012 at 04:44 PM.

Steam forums are really angry about it. Sounds like one to avoid for now.

If nothing else... the combat mechanics in this game alone make it a terrible choice, even if you ignore the bugs in the game. ;P

Who puts real time combat into a turn-based 4X game? Apparently, that answer is Kalypso Studios.

Banned
    Nothing wrong with real time combat.

As long as it has pause.

SotS did it well.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by sendmark View Post
    Steam forums are really angry about it. Sounds like one to avoid for now.
    Yes, but to be fair they also get angry about games including words of more than one syllable, so can be safely ignored.

There's a couple of minor bugs and a distinct lack of polish, but nothing that can't be easily worked around. The main issue is the gameplay simply isn't there. They've got some nice ideas seeded in there, but it just doesn't come together.

The campaign is a good illustration of the problem. You spend about 70% of your time hammering end turn waiting for something to happen. What makes it worse is this will be interrupted by AI attacks; except the forces it attacks with are scripted to the point of the campaign you are at, so on top of the tedium of simply hammering end turn, you can look forward to dealing with multiple attacks from exactly the same forces (to the point they'll spawn and move in the same way) to break up the monotony by ... more repetition. What makes it worse is that you're pretty much forced to play the human campaign because due to the lack of documentation there's no other way to figure out how stuff works.

Probably one to avoid unless they can actually finish it up through patching.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DevinSmoth View Post
    If nothing else... the combat mechanics in this game alone make it a terrible choice, even if you ignore the bugs in the game. ;P

Who puts real time combat into a turn-based 4X game? Apparently, that answer is Kalypso Studios.
    Sins did it.

I forget if Space Empires was real-time or turn-based for the tactical

One can easily argue the Total War games as 4x (it is just that the first 3 x's are very linked to the "exterminate"), and those have real-time tactical with turn-based strategic.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    Sins did it.

I forget if Space Empires was real-time or turn-based for the tactical

One can easily argue the Total War games as 4x (it is just that the first 3 x's are very linked to the "exterminate"), and those have real-time tactical with turn-based strategic.
    Space Empires up to number four where turn based, five wasn't and while admittedly it wasn't as good as four there's nothing inherently wrong with real-time combat and turn based strategic game play. SWOTS did it well and maybe in 5 years when SWOTS2 is finished it will be too.

So is this game a glorified RTS like SoaSE or is it a proper 4X game?

Neither from what I could tell.

Activated Node
    Think I'll pass then.

Someone should do a Fragile Allegiance 2 kickstarter.

I was able to cancel my pre-order and get my money back once the horrible reports started to pop up, even though it was technically already available to download. I'm definitely going to wait a while, though it looks like Kalypso has already released a couple of quick patches for it.

Quote Originally Posted by archonsod View Post
    There's a couple of minor bugs and a distinct lack of polish, but nothing that can't be easily worked around. The main issue is the gameplay simply isn't there. They've got some nice ideas seeded in there, but it just doesn't come together.
    This. Pretty much the game in a nutshell.