Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar

Doom 4 screenshots

These were posted on some Asian site in January. They found them on someone's portofolio, apparently. Someone discovered them today and proceeded to troll /v/ claiming Doom 4 was canceled. Bethesda denied the game is cancelled.

You can find the images here.

Pro-tip: game isn't finished, pics aren't marketing shots. I suppose they're from one of the environment artists.
    Some of them are extremely atmospheric and remind me of Metro 2033.
    Hover the cursor over them and you'll get the original filename which might hint a thing or two (like the NY location lol). All are screenshots, although some look like concept art.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    It's good they're not bullshots.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    I saw a Joystiq article about this on my RSS feed, but when I clicked it it redirected to the main site.

Anyways, those pictures could be from literally any game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    This doesn't look anything like DOOM for me :D

Otherwise there were some 3d pics few months ago,for doom characters.

Could be a sequel to Doom 2: Hell on Earth?

That was after all set on Earth - you just couldnt really tell due to the graphics.

Edit: The shot named "before-hellwave" and the ones showing what can only be described as a Hell Wave might confirm this hypothesis.
    Last edited by frenz0rz; 28-02-2012 at 08:14 PM.

Yes, it's Hell on Earth. A February 2009 interview with a mo-cap actor revealed it's set on Earth, involves military squads and civilians.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    Yes, it's Hell on Earth. A February 2009 interview with a mo-cap actor revealed it's set on Earth, involves military squads and civilians.
    And a nuke.

Care to provide source ?

The interview was taken down quickly but you can find some copypasta.
    Here's one that I found and also includes some pictures from the mo-cap sessions.

Thanks for link. Any info on release date ??

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Makes sense. Doom 3 was a remake of Doom 1, so Doom 4 is likely to be remake of Doom 2.

Doesn't look particularly interesting so far, in that it just looks like any other post-apocalyptic game. I didn't hate Doom 3, but I hope this goes back to the original's hordes of enemies style.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Man, nobody has any respect for the NYPL.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Vandelay View Post
    I hope this goes back to the original's hordes of enemies style.
    The Blue Line Station level in Rage was straight out of Doom, so there's hope for that!

Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Any info on release date ??
    When it's done.
    ivdaVHFms1Qf0.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Vandelay View Post
    Makes sense. Doom 3 was a remake of Doom 1, so Doom 4 is likely to be remake of Doom 2.

Doesn't look particularly interesting so far, in that it just looks like any other post-apocalyptic game. I didn't hate Doom 3, but I hope this goes back to the original's hordes of enemies style.

He already confirmed that its gonna be remake of Doom 2,also here's the interview where he talks about gameplay,which is also going to be more similar to older DOOM games then third one.

"One of the things that I come to in my limited contributions to the whole
    Doom 4
    design process is, it has to still be you beating down the bad guys," Carmack said. "It has to be a triumph of heavy weaponry over demonic forces in some way, and you have to be blowing demons all to hell around you, and it's a more positive side of things there."

http://<a href="http://www.escapistm...-On-Doom-4</a>

Secondary Hivemind Nexus squirrel's Avatar
    That's not nice. If those shots are real (I cant read Korean), id is recycling materials from Rage. I mean, of course they will make new maps and environments, but obviously data like textures is recycled. This should not happen on a good game even as it is run by the very same engine of Rage. Afterall you dont just pair two Unreal engine games of different developers to have similarity to this level.

Even shooter gameplay has been aging all these years, there are still so much room for excellence in many aspect, that's why Syndicate is a surprise to me. Maybe I haven't been playing sci-fi shooters for too long so I have missed some common features of those sci-fi shooters that you mates are familiar with. But yet id, please shows some innovation on this well reputed franchise.

Am I thinking too much just from those few shots that have no direct hints on gameplay? Anyway, I just have a thing for this franchise since DOOM is the very first shooter I played, on my MS-DOS machine.

Bear in mind that those shots are not the image of finished product,if they're really from DOOM 4.

Aw shit, more images leaked, and they reveal without any doubt that this is Doom 4:
    http://www.dsogaming.com/news/the-le...ames-identity/

Quote Originally Posted by squirrel View Post
    That's not nice. If those shots are real (I cant read Korean), id is recycling materials from Rage. I mean, of course they will make new maps and environments, but obviously data like textures is recycled. This should not happen on a good game even as it is run by the very same engine of Rage. Afterall you dont just pair two Unreal engine games of different developers to have similarity to this level.
    I hated how Condemned recycled, like, every FEAR asset.
    During Rage's development, once the map was built artists kept iterating on it, painting whatever they wanted. They went over every inch of the game. I wouldn't be too worried about recycling. If anything, that's what hurt id - they spent too much time fiddling with Rage. If the studio was the size of Ubisoft Montreal, they could deliver such games on a two year cycle, but they wasted 7 on it.
    Last edited by SirKicksalot; 29-02-2012 at 02:33 AM.

Can't say i like those designs of characters :/

I love them. There are so many details! This is the Rage character design philosophy all over again.

When it's done.
    Just like Rage.