Hybrid View

[AAR] Tactical Tuesday 29/02/2012 - Death Of Wheels

Around twenty brave shooty people joined us on this evening's tactical action, with plenty of death for all. The missions were as follows:
    • Roundabout (Defeat)
    • Reclamation (Win)
    • Hunter Hunted (Blufor victory)
    • Technical Difficulties V2 (Pyrrhic victory)

Roundabout
    is a new mission by yours truly, as part of the Not-Campaign. Playtesting didn't work out quite as expected, as I had made a slight mishap somewhere and much of our gear was missing, including the mortars that we would have dearly needed to punch through the large amount of defences in the area.
    Under Unaco's command, the fighting force still put up a brave last stand, but everyone was ultimately cut down by the withering fire of the static defenses and patrols.

Reclamation went a lot better. Draakon's straightforward plan worked surprisingly well and we managed to take the town with relatively few casualties, though then the casualties started mounting up and in the end cohesion was lost pretty badly. However objectives were completed, and some people survived to tell the tale.

Hunter Hunted didn't go quite as the Spetsnaz leader MrWeed planned. The general was assassinated and escape chopper LZ was set and the air cow was on the way, but then the Spetsnaz were engaged by CDF, led by Toad(?), and a new LZ was given. This LZ proved out to be a bit more than the pilot (that's me) could handle, as he clipped the tail rotor into a fir tree trying to land into the tiny castle courtyard.
    He managed to stay airborne long enough to get height and straighten myself, but ended up crashing into a hillside when maneuvering. Meanwhile on the ground, the Spetsnaz had been whittled down to just 2 men.

Technical Difficulties finished off the evening. Lots of people were shot on the way to the town holding the technicals, including some of our people. Our brave leader Joseph died on the way. A hasty convoy was formed by Iceraiser, and then everyone rolled out at full speed, gunning hostiles left and right, and most eventually ending up in a vehicular fireball on the roadside.
    Apparently two technicals managed to escape the fiery hell, but they weren't the ones we were after in the first place.
    Clips are fully loaded, and then blood floods the lawn

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by harakka View Post
    Reclamation went a lot better. Draakon's straightforward plan worked surprisingly well and we managed to take the town with relatively few casualties, though then the casualties started mounting up and in the end cohesion was lost pretty badly. However objectives were completed, and some people survived to tell the tale.
    Nearly all the casualties were due to spontaneously combusting tanks.

I was mistaken for an enemy sniper and ate some lead early on during Reclamation, but Joe remedied that by parking a tank shell in my head a bit later on. Fun mission!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Grizzly's Avatar
    On a slightly less happy note - Reclemation was my last Tactical Tuesday mission, as I will be moving to Amsterdam .. tomorrow. I won't bring my gaming PC just yet, since I will still be at home during the weekends (So I might just appear at Folk). But ya know, it has been a lot of fun.

Even with Joseph :P.