Thread: Mod News

Mod News

Whatever happened to it?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus soldant's Avatar
    Wasn't it dropped because there simply isn't that much happening in the modding sector these days, particularly compared with the 2000s and late 1990s? I seem to remember there being a final article a while ago now.

Oh, I must've missed that. Hard to believe it's due to a lack of moddery though. With things like Desura mods seem more accessible as ever. And Moddb is plenty active..I guess it depends what qualifies as news worthy.
    The ting say there be bad guys, I hope it right.

Network Hub
    I'm pretty sure it was dropped because the guy who wrote it moved on to other things. There was a replacement promised, but that hasn't materialised. I trust in the RPS writers to do something eventually, even if it's just a monthly roundup. With stuff like Dear Esther happening, it can't be said that modding is a dead art.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I think it was dropped because it wasn't very good. It was frequently inaccurate or months out of date, and rarely actually made anyone very interested in the mods contained. I suggested (and still think) that the RPS team should give mods the same treatment they do games - so news when there is something interesting, and "Wot I Think/Impressions" articles whenever possible. To some extent that has happened, and the other thing you get is the "Mods and Ends" column, although the last one of those was November 2011.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/tag/mod-news