Page 6 of 59 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    I'm playing this game for about a month and I really like it. In fact it's the first multiplayer-FPS since the original UT where I get the desire to, at least, 'not suck' at.

I mostly play pathfinder. I'm not very much of a capper though, mostly because my Internet ist quite laggy. I don't know how many times I lost the flag because I magically ran into a mountain and got shot. Therefore I try to concentrate on chasing enemy flag carriers and I think I'm ok at it. I usually end up somewhere in the middle of the scoreboard with a horrible K/D.
    I try to get into playing the Infiltrator, Juggernaut and Doombringer as well just in case if there's an overabundance of Pathfinders .
    My ingame Name is "MrBland" and I usually jump between the Amsterdam and London-Servers, depending on how many people are raging in the chat. I mostly do 4-5 matches in the evening, sometimes less if I think that I have a bad day.

I would really like to try and play this game with balanced and organised teams and not just with some random people as I think it could be really interesesting .

Since it's not going to be practical to play together on pubs, would you guys be interested in an unofficial RPS server once the private server infrastructure is up? Not that I'm promising anything, I just want to see how much mileage we would actually get out of one.

Network Hub
    I'd gladly play on a RPS Tribes server.

Network Hub
    Yes yes yes yes yes

Totally yes, the experience teaches that everythin improves if you add 'Unofficial RPS-' to it. And i am not even joking.

Okay, I'll take a look at the options for private servers once they're released, and see where we go from there.

An RPS server would be awesome. I play as "SenorPresidente" on London, HoFing or chasing most of the time, feel free to add me!

Would love to play on an RPS Tribes server too.

My nick is Grynn by the way

Launch on Thursday, with no patches in the past week and a half. Hopefully it delivers is all I can say.

Any news on the server? Would love to have more organized games now that I m finding my way around the slopes...

Quote Originally Posted by grinn View Post
    Any news on the server? Would love to have more organized games now that I m finding my way around the slopes...
    Info on renting servers presumably won't be available until Thursday, when the game launches. If the servers don't come by then, people will be /angry/ at Hi-Rez.

Network Hub
    The COO confirmed in an interview at PAX that custom servers will be available on release. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdK0u...=youtube_gdata

Launch patch out today, bringing the game to version 1.0: https://hi-rez.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/312

New developer diary about Raindance and custom servers here: http://youtu.be/9MUht_nYc2Q

Custom servers are only half-implemented. There's a handful of sample servers hosted by Hi-Rez available to play on, but according to the video above, actually renting your own server won't be available until a few weeks from now. A bit disappointing, but it's good to see that the infrastructure is more or less in place.

There have been a few new bugs added with this patch, it seems, like missing hit sounds, some ignored .ini files (bloom), and something about nades and melee. Hopefully these are ironed out soon.

Just been playing the objective capture mode. Reallllly don't like it. Every game I played ended up being a spam-grind. One map that's an extension of Arx Novena especially so. Could be fun but not with those short distances to objectives and areas not specifically designed for that sort of gameplay.

Network Hub
    Yeah CaH is a spamfest. I spent most of the time after the patch playing on the "hardcore" servers that have been put up by HiRez that have naked spawn, friendly fire etc. That was fun, helped by the generally higher level of player on such a server.

I just played one game of CaH on Raindance and it didn't seem terribly spammy to me. Considerably less spammy, than, say TF2. I've yet to try the other CaH maps, though. That said, Raindance looks and plays great.

Network Hub
    It's the control points that have chokes or are inside that get spammy. The point inside the domed central building on Outskirts is probably the worst for it. On the bright side, the game has a nice combined arms feel when you have vehicles out on Raindance CaH.

For playing the beta before the full release the game seems to have given me a cool 20k XP, which is nice.

Have posted about the game on my blog - pretty noobish stuff but yah: http://grinnsgamearchive.tumblr.com/

Anyone playing tonight? Would love to try and coordinate a bit more than in random games.