Page 7 of 59 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    Network Hub
    I'll probably be on all night. We could always invade one of the London or Amsterdam custom servers. They have some pretty cool rulesets up right now. My in game name is evilbobthebob.

Now that was interesting, a shame the server was so much underpopulated though.
    Sorry for not joining you on mumble. I'm usually not very much of a social gamer and was therefore completely unprepared for this kind of stuff. This and Tribes was behaving rather annoyingly tonight. Next time I'll be better prepared.

Network Hub
    Yeah, it was good fun until my internet died on me unexpectedly. We need to get enough people together to properly populate a server.

I missed yesterday's shenanigans because my feeble mind didn't make the connection that evening in the UK =/= evening here in the states. Also, how are you guys playing together? When I took a look at the servers, there didn't seem to be that many slots available.

Network Hub
    The custom server browser doesn't show the player counts correctly. They're almost always close to empty, though I had some incredible games on the Amsterdam Old Timers #1 server today.

I had several awesome games on the normal server queues yesterday. Co-ordination, skilled players, people who actually attack the juggers that bomb the flag...
    So far the release appears to not have done the servers any bad.

Well, all the positive talk around this game has convinced me to try my hand. I'm signed up as Skabooga, and while I'm based in North America -East, if the internet can take the strain I wouldn't mind migrating over to EU - London.

Oh yeah, I'm game.

Starsiege: Tribes and Tribes 2 were easily the most fun I've had in an online-shooter ever and Ascend has so far delivered. I'm also surprised (pleasantly) that rest of the old player base seems to have and combusted; they were the most elitist bunch of tighwads ever.
    Still not a fan of unlockables in my Tribes since I notice bad tendency to point farm instead of just winning the game right there and then.

Network Hub
    There are still a somewhat vocal minority of people who claim to be "veterans" of the Tribes series. They mostly complain and ask for features that don't work quite as they should (see: naked spawn). There's also a bunch of people who continually seem to ask for "physics changes" without ever explaining what those changes should be (except for more powerful disc jumps, which I agree with at least partly).

Unlockables are probably the biggest downside of this game, but I think the point farming will die off as the player base matures.

Activated Node
    MMORPG.com has a key giveaway which grants you the Medium Spinfusor for the Soldier(Worth 42k XP). Before getting the key they require you to sign-up and activate your account.

http://www.mmorpg.com/giveaways.cfm/...Gift-Keys.html

I would dearly love to see naked spawning return so generators would become high value targets again; match tempo would also drop a few notches and it would make base defense a priority.

"Physic changes" roughly translates to "make it like starsiege: tribes" in common-speak. Us veterans (you shoulda seen the proclamation ceremony!) clamour for a chance to relive our youth. And play some starsiege: tribes with it. Not me, Ascend is fast enough as is.

Network Hub
    Naked spawn is available in the custom server preview. Check out the Old Timer servers for that. It doesn't work very well in Ascend though because the current naked implementation (PTH with no upgrades or grenades) is very weak. I got my first Slayer accolade on one of those servers as soldier, camping the flagstand against reasonably skilled players.

Anybody see the 10/10 on Eurogamer? And I thought I liked the game. Seriously, though, I feel like it's an overly generous score for a game that still has a ways to go, if you ask me. Not that I'm unhappy about the score -- it'll bring in more players, and that's always good.

Obscure Node
    Dumb, dumb question. Just started, really enjoying pathfinder and want to try technician but... How do I get turrets to place? I seem to start with 0 and I have no idea how to get them.

Quote Originally Posted by Codor View Post
    Dumb, dumb question. Just started, really enjoying pathfinder and want to try technician but... How do I get turrets to place? I seem to start with 0 and I have no idea how to get them.
    Using your pack (TCN's is turret) is bound to C by default.

I only wish I could have the thumper as technician, those evil infiltrators are always messing with my generator! Guess I'll have to spend some gold and unlock it, I think they deserve, the game is amazing.

Network Hub
    The most important thing to remember as TCN is that the generator, while important, is not the prime objective. The flag is. Defend the flag first, generator second. The TCN SMG is actually great at chaining down incoming and outgoing cappers. The thumper is good at hitting them when they grab the flag.

Quote Originally Posted by KorbenGoodkat View Post
    I only wish I could have the thumper as technician, those evil infiltrators are always messing with my generator! Guess I'll have to spend some gold and unlock it, I think they deserve, the game is amazing.
    If you have a Facebook account and haven't cashed in already, you can get 250 gold for free just for liking their app which does nothing but generate a one time use code for gold.
    Can be found on Steam, Evolve and Eve Online.

(_)

( _)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

Quote Originally Posted by mentor07825 View Post
    If you have a Facebook account and haven't cashed in already, you can get 250 gold for free just for liking their app which does nothing but generate a one time use code for gold.
    Unfortunately the Thumper costs 780 gold/100,000XP
    I occasionally write things on this website. You can read these things by clicking this thing:
    www.teamsao.com

Wahey, just got this yesterday and it's EPIC. Is there any sort of RPS group for playing this casually on pub servers? Would be nice to play CTF on TS/Vent in a more organised manner .