Page 9 of 59 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Miker, you can add me to the list as well. My ign is the same: Squirrelfanatic. Also joined the group.

Network Hub
    Any time before midnight BST is good for me, though a bit earlier would be preferred. There are always a bunch of empty or near empty custom servers we could commandeer for it.

Yay fantastic .

I am flyingllama in game ([PIG] llama in steam group). We have a lowly 10 man TS server as well so msg me in steam if anyone fancies a game with voice comms.

You can join the chat of the group and enable voice chat there.
    Steam voice works quite well and we all already have it installed and are in the same group, so i would recommend using that.

Network Hub
    ...or one of the unofficial rps mumble servers? There's one in particular which get's used for pretty much everything.

Having a lot of fun with this.

I'm trying to get better at the Pathfinder. A typical run involves me patiently hanging out in the hills, building momentum, turning towards the base, getting closer, rushing into the flagstand at 200km/hr with my hand outstretched ... and missing the flag! Such a rush building up speed though.

Anyone else think the Jackal (one of the unlockable primary weapons for the Infiltrator) is supremely overpowered? I played a game where a pair of enemy infiltrators were able to lock down the gen room by themselves with it.

Network Hub
    Yes, the Jackal's ability to be an airburst and trap weapon makes it very powerful. It's banned in competitive play.

Quote Originally Posted by airtekh View Post
    Having a lot of fun with this.

I'm trying to get better at the Pathfinder. A typical run involves me patiently hanging out in the hills, building momentum, turning towards the base, getting closer, rushing into the flagstand at 200km/hr with my hand outstretched ... and missing the flag! Such a rush building up speed though.
    The Pathfinder is pretty fun to play, I agree. For me the best part is when I have actually grabbed the flag (probably with a stupid expression of glee in my face) and then realise that everyone and their cat is after me.

Also during one match it has happened twice to me that I took the enemy flag as the Human Bullet, ran it back to my base, reached the flagstand, and nearly collided with the enemy Pathfinder as he nicked my own team's flag right infront of my nose.

I won't be able to play until Wednesday evening in the US, but if UK folk want to throw out a regular time in the evenings, I can schedule an announcement. evilbobthebob said any time before midnight BST is good, how about we give it a shot at 11pm BST tomorrow night? I've scheduled an event for it, hopefully people start playing at that time.
    Last edited by Miker; 23-04-2012 at 07:02 AM.

Network Hub
    11's a bit late for me, not sure about everyone else. I was envisioning something more like 7.

oh and you can add me to that list Miker, I'm Coccyx on tribes also.

Quote Originally Posted by Coccyx View Post
    11's a bit late for me, not sure about everyone else. I was envisioning something more like 7. oh and you can add me to that list Miker, I'm Coccyx on tribes also.
    I changed to to 10, maybe that'll work out? And I added you to the list.

Hang on, are we talking tonight or tomorrow night?

Either way I'll likely be about, unless I am summoned for a Blood Bowl league match.
    I occasionally write things on this website. You can read these things by clicking this thing:
    www.teamsao.com

Quote Originally Posted by frenz0rz View Post
    Hang on, are we talking tonight or tomorrow night?

Either way I'll likely be about, unless I am summoned for a Blood Bowl league match.
    It's tonight. Who knows if anybody will actually show up and play, but I made the event anyway. I won't be playing myself because I'll unfortunately still be in class.

Network Hub
    10's not ideal but much more feasible XD I'll probably be there.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Sneaked myself into the Steam group, having been pleasantly surprised by how well the game runs on my new laptop - Tribes name is "Dannei". Still woefully slow and liable to die a lot, but having fun anyway (well, when not respawning)

New update incoming tomorrow: http://www.hirezstudios.com/hirezwp/?p=1961

The update will also let players rent servers, so I'll take a look at that. I've never run a server before, but from the previews, it looked easy enough to manage.

I am, however, concerned about the price. Judging by prices for Battlefield 3, it's not cheap to run a 32-slot server at about 40 USD/month. There's no way I can afford that as a college student, so if we want a server, we'll have to figure something out. I suppose we could plead RPS itself to make an official server as they have for TF2/BFBC2, but that's not very likely.
    Last edited by Miker; 23-04-2012 at 09:43 PM.

Network Hub
    Hmm, If there's a way we can get a communal pool of money towards a server I wouldn't mind contributing, though it depends how many other people are willing.

Network Hub
    There's no reason why we should immediately get a 32 player server. For this game, 16 or 20 player is enough I think. That would allow you to gauge interest without massive outlay, I would hope.

Quote Originally Posted by evilbobthebob View Post
    There's no reason why we should immediately get a 32 player server. For this game, 16 or 20 player is enough I think. That would allow you to gauge interest without massive outlay, I would hope.
    That's true. I might be willing to foot the bill for a 16-player server for the first month and see how popular it is.

EDIT: The event should have popped up for people in the Steam group. Let me know if you guys played or if anybody actually showed up.
    Last edited by Miker; 23-04-2012 at 10:21 PM.

Network Hub
    I will turn up a bit later and join any RPSer online in my friends list if my internet stops having huge latencies :|