Page 10 of 59 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Having trouble with joining the Mumble server. Hopefully, I'll be able to figure that out soon. Steam voice chat was ok for me, but apparently also a bit annoying for others.

I am still in favor of Steam as it is so easy to see who actually is playing and you can just join in.
    But of course i woud also join mumble or ts if there are steam specific problems for some people.
    The biggest problem where people who did not use push to talk combined with no headset, so you got a nice echo imho. But that is not steam specific.
    Nevertheless, i got to add everybody ingame, had a few good games and capped a lot of flags, so i'd call that a success

I vote for begging RPS for a server, i believe Tribes becomes big enough of a game to reason that.

I joined for a couple rounds as 'halnuevemil'. For some reason, I have problems with steam voice chat. Sometimes my microphone doesn't work. I'm sure I messed up the settings.
    Last edited by hal9000; 24-04-2012 at 01:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeVadder View Post
    Nevertheless, i got to add everybody ingame, had a few good games and capped a lot of flags, so i'd call that a success
    Well I certianly saw you fly over my head a lot as a DMB, though I openly admit I am useless with them.
    Sorry for also not noticing the steam messages, did not have the game in the client and alt tabbing Tribes is a recipie for mess.

Just hopped into a few short TDM games to get my first win of the day before I buckle down on studying and frenz0rz joined me and pestered me with his SLD assault rfile Also, my team that game wasn't too great, and I couldn't do anything about chasing since I played jugg.

Some good games tonight, nice playing with you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    Having trouble with joining the Mumble server. Hopefully, I'll be able to figure that out soon. Steam voice chat was ok for me, but apparently also a bit annoying for others.
    I am still in favor of Steam as it is so easy to see who actually is playing and you can just join in.
    But of course i woud also join mumble or ts if there are steam specific problems for some people.
    Personally I've never used Mumble, and Steam voice chat works pretty well for me, but I'll go with whatever the consensus is.

Yeah man, you capped most of the flags in the games I was in. Nice work!

I'm still lamenting the one lost flag where I was chasing a dude who was after you, but I couldn't kill him quickly enough to prevent the recovery. I think I need a Spinfusor for my Soldier since the peashooter that I have at the moment doesn't do enough damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Scumbag View Post
    Well I certianly saw you fly over my head a lot as a DMB, though I openly admit I am useless with them.
    Sorry for also not noticing the steam messages, did not have the game in the client and alt tabbing Tribes is a recipie for mess.
    Add a shortcut to Tribes in your Steam library and you won't need to alt-Tab. It worked like a charm for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Miker View Post
    Just hopped into a few short TDM games to get my first win of the day before I buckle down on studying and frenz0rz joined me and pestered me with his SLD assault rfile Also, my team that game wasn't too great, and I couldn't do anything about chasing since I played jugg.
    That was suprisingly fun, I dont often play TDM might I reckon I'll do more in the future.

Sorry about the whole killing you thing
    I occasionally write things on this website. You can read these things by clicking this thing:
    www.teamsao.com

Quote Originally Posted by airtekh View Post
    I'm still lamenting the one lost flag where I was chasing a dude who was after you, but I couldn't kill him quickly enough to prevent the recovery. I think I need a Spinfusor for my Soldier since the peashooter that I have at the moment doesn't do enough damage.
    Despite i had so many xp from the good old token conversation that i rather bought 100k items instead of testing them on the training servers, i never actually got me a spinfusor until that mmorpg.com giveaway thing a few posts back. I allways thought the thumper was more my thing, you know, easier to hit things with while allowing for more thumper jumps because of the less raw damage and smg>pistol blabla.
    Now i have to admit: What was i thinking. The spinfusor is indeed awesome. Beeing able to hit things further away than you can throw a grenade is extremely usefull.
    However experience shows that i will most likely think exactly opposite in a few days, has been that way with Nova-Colt vs. Shotgun, Mirv vs. Mortar, LMG vs. MKD.... I just can't make up my mind.

This is extremely unconfirmed at the moment, but here's a post on r/tribes about server prices:

[18:54] <@Bort> <@Bort> 10 days is $8
    [18:55] <@Bort> <@Bort> 30 days is $16
    [18:55] <@Bort> <@Bort> 90 days is $40
    [18:55] <@Bort> 32 slot

(Bort is supposedly HiRezBart, the esports/community manager)

That is exceptionally reasonable as far as server prices go, at least from what I've seen. For that much, I'd be willing to pay $16 for the first month, then depending on how populated it is, maybe we can all chip in money for the 90-day $40 plan. Or if people are committed enough, we can chip in for the 90-day plan right off the bat.
    Last edited by Miker; 24-04-2012 at 04:00 AM.

Obscure Node
    I wasn't able to find it fast enough in this thread (if it does exist), but do we have an official RPS Tribes group on Steam? If so, what's the Steam Group name?

Quote Originally Posted by Operatives View Post
    I wasn't able to find it fast enough in this thread (if it does exist), but do we have an official RPS Tribes group on Steam? If so, what's the Steam Group name?
    Rock, Paper, Shazbot (RPShazbot)

Obscure Node
    Thanks, Hal9000.

My handle in Tribes Ascend is Operatives. My SteamID is Operatives.

New update and the raider just got beefed up.
    That new plasma rifle looks really OP in my eyes. Not used it yet, but just watching people play with it makes me raise an eyebrow.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Operatives View Post
    Maybe Miker could edit the first post to show that? The only mention I could find of RPShazbot is about 3 pages in!

Quote Originally Posted by Scumbag View Post
    New update and the raider just got beefed up.
    That new plasma rifle looks really OP in my eyes. Not used it yet, but just watching people play with it makes me raise an eyebrow.
    Yeh I saw the preview footage. On the one hand the player looks incredibly skilled, but still the projectile seems incredibly fast moving and pinpoint accurate.

My Tribes handle is duffin66
    Last edited by duff; 24-04-2012 at 12:07 PM.

Obscure Node
    How to pew pew tribes?

Steam Group is this one, for people looking for it.

Am just wondering what kind of performance people are getting on TA? On high setting, I was getting only 25+ FPS (High Detail) on the following system, 45+ FPS (Low Detail):

ASRock Z68 Extreme4 (B3)
    Intel Core i5-2500K
    Be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced Cooler
    8GB-Kit (2 x 4GB) G.Skill RipJaws-X PC3-12800U CL9
    OCZ Vertex 2 SSD 60GB (Cache)
    OCZ Petrol SSD 128GB (OS)
    Palit GTX 560Ti 1GB
    Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer
    Corsair TX750 750W PSU

P.

Just saw the link in the Raider article comments so thought I'd come say hello. Guykild1 in game/on Steam, so if anyone wants a DMB/TCN jumping into their games then give me a shout.

Just started playing tribes, and am loving it. Joined the steam group my steam name being my forum name, and my ign being MeepMerp. Not sure if ill be able to join any games on account of being half-way across the world from England, but I decided to try.