Page 11 of 59 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by oceanclub View Post
    Am just wondering what kind of performance people are getting on TA?
    I don't know the exact framerate, but my rig is about half as powerful as yours and my fps is smooth enough not to notice anything amiss.

I didn't change anything in the graphics settings apart from the resolution, so I'm using whatever the default settings are.

Am just wondering what kind of performance people are getting on TA?
    We have extremely similar machines except that I have two Crossfired HD 6870s and I get about 60 FPS with the game's default graphics settings.

On another topic, just joined the Steam group. My Steam name is an unfortunate mess of clan tags and letters: [TH!] SB (|CC|). My Tribes name is the same as my forum handle.

Obscure Node
    Am just wondering what kind of performance people are getting on TA? On high setting, I was getting only 25+ FPS (High Detail) on the following system, 45+ FPS (Low Detail):

ASRock Z68 Extreme4 (B3)
    Intel Core i5-2500K
    Be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced Cooler
    8GB-Kit (2 x 4GB) G.Skill RipJaws-X PC3-12800U CL9
    OCZ Vertex 2 SSD 60GB (Cache)
    OCZ Petrol SSD 128GB (OS)
    Palit GTX 560Ti 1GB
    Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer
    Corsair TX750 750W PSU

P.
    You should be hitting at or around 60fps just fine with that setup. What resolution are you playing on? Unless you're noticing a lot of screen tearing make sure Vsync and Frame Smoothing are disabled and make sure your Nvidia drivers are up to date and not forcing some obscene AA mode like Super Sampling.

I wasn't able to locate an advanced graphics option in the client, so it might be worth your time to run on low with no Vsync and manually adjust graphics through the GPU control panel. It's hard to tell by eyeballing it, but it seems that the difference between Ultra and High is the addition of SSAO/maybe just improved lighting and shadows, and the difference between High and Medium is improved texture/filtering and AA. SSAO is practically superfluous in a game as fast as Tribes and most of the time you'll be too far from the enemy to notice their skin, let alone occlusion.

For what it's worth, I'm using a .ini from 51Titan from this post. Don't know what my actual framerates were/are, but it's much smoother than it was. I'm on old hardware: C2D e6850 and ATI HD4850.

Looks terrible though!

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by DeVadder View Post
    I am still in favor of Steam as it is so easy to see who actually is playing and you can just join in.
    But of course i woud also join mumble or ts if there are steam specific problems for some people.
    The biggest problem where people who did not use push to talk combined with no headset, so you got a nice echo imho. But that is not steam specific.
    You can always check who's playing with the steam group, we just don't have to use their annoying voice XD With mumble (and similar, though we do just have a mumble server ready to use) the default option isn't set to continuous transmission, unlike in steam, so hardly anyone uses it - and that (vocal) minority can easily be told off

Am just wondering what kind of performance people are getting on TA? On high setting, I was getting only 25+ FPS (High Detail) on the following system, 45+ FPS (Low Detail):

ASRock Z68 Extreme4 (B3)
    Intel Core i5-2500K
    Be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced Cooler
    8GB-Kit (2 x 4GB) G.Skill RipJaws-X PC3-12800U CL9
    OCZ Vertex 2 SSD 60GB (Cache)
    OCZ Petrol SSD 128GB (OS)
    Palit GTX 560Ti 1GB
    Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer
    Corsair TX750 750W PSU

P.
    I haven't used any of these myself, but this guide to better performance I stumbled across looks pretty good and thorough - http://distractobot.com/tribes-ascen...ide/#more-2430

Add me in. Skydancer on tribes, skydancer on steam, skydancer on here. Regular on EU-Amsterdam! Will gladly play with fellows if I can catch anybody online (TCN, broot, HoF most of the time, but will do anything in a pinch).

Okay, I've edited the original post to contain the Steam group, and I've added everybody's forum name and in-game name to the Steam group's list. Here's what the list looks like, let me know if I've missed anybody or have to make any corrections:

Miker -- Miker
    Reinhardt -- Sheerchance
    frenz0rz -- frenz0rz
    mentor07825 -- mentor07825
    MOKKA -- MrBland
    Antares -- SenorPresidente
    grinn -- grynn
    evilbobthebob -- evilbobthebob
    skabooga -- skabooga
    CWalker -- CWalker00
    Rakysh -- Viae1
    DeVadder -- DeVadder
    Scumbag -- lemmington
    Squirrelfanatic -- Squirrelfanatic
    Jackspade -- flyingllama
    Coccyx -- Coccyx
    hal9000 -- halnuevemil
    Danny252 -- Dannei
    Operatives -- Operatives
    duff -- duffin66
    Guykild -- Guykild1
    TheGodzillaHunter -- MeepMerp
    IAmUnaware -- IAmUnaware
    Skydancer -- Skydancer

Now, on the subject of servers, the prices are as mentioned -- 10 day is $10, 30 day is $16, and 90 day is $40. The catch is, you have to buy it with gold, which is just fan-damn-tastic. I said earlier that I would be willing to foot the bill for a 30-day server and see how popular it is, then when it expires, we could pool together money for a 90-day server if people want. Alternatively, we can just pool together money for a 90-day server right off the bat. Thoughts?

I have to admit, i prefer to use voice activation myself. With a proper mic and headphones, that should not make a too big problem unless in a room with dozens of people. I just do not have a button on my mouse left for push to talk and as you will often want to say something in Tribes in the most hectic of moments, my left hand is completely occupied with holding space, directional keys, maybe pressing q, and often even using VGS to spam stuff like VAF or VFT. After we called out the open mic+no headphone guys, it worked fine for everybody else apparently except we could hear someone breath from time to time.
    But, yeah, post mumble details and we can use that for the next try.

ninjaedit:
    Concerning server, i was planning to get me a new booster, so i am going to buy gold anyways. I could just buy more so we would be saving something. This is assuming people do not mind me beeing the admin instead of Miker (or someone else). I would not mind to use some of my own money on this as well, but not necesarily the complete 40.
    Last edited by DeVadder; 24-04-2012 at 05:21 PM.

Okay, i did some math, if i would buy 5500 GP for 40€ that would include a 60 day booster i would otherwise have to spend like 15€ on (i would buy a set myself as well ofc). That means the gold alone would be something like 25€. Given it only takes 4000 GP to rent a server for 90 days, that leaves us with only 18€ for the 90 days.
    I am not sure that i will be willing to buy a 60 day booster and the excess GP every 90 days (actually i am quite sure i will not) but for this time i am happy with that.

Okay, i did some math, if i would buy 5500 GP for 40€ that would include a 60 day booster i would otherwise have to spend like 15€ on (i would buy a set myself as well ofc). That means the gold alone would be something like 25€. Given it only takes 4000 GP to rent a server for 90 days, that leaves us with only 18€ for the 90 days. I am not sure that i will be willing to buy a 60 day booster and the excess GP every 90 days (actually i am quite sure i will not) but for this time i am happy with that.
    Okay, so here's what I think. I don't mind somebody else being the admin for the server -- in fact, that's probably preferable, because I'm taking a trip to China come mid-May and I won't be back for a month. No Tribes for me during that period for obvious reasons. However, my worry is that the European prices are a bit unfair. The 40 pound gold package (5500 GP, 60 day booster) is 65 USD, while the same package is 50 USD over here. I wouldn't feel right making you pay extra for something that will be shared by all of us.

I guess that is just the poor british getting fucked over there. For me it is 40€ what equals 52USD. That does sound about fair imho.

Network Hub
    The mumble server we use is: server.herosquad.org
    With the default port 64738 (you can leave it blank)

I guess that is just the poor british getting fucked over there. For me it is 40€ what equals 52USD. That does sound about fair imho.
    Crap, never mind. I had a brain fart and I misread your euro sign as the pound sign. In that case, 52USD sounds more or less reasonable. I'd throw money your way for a 90-day server if other people will.

Okay, lets do this, i really want to pimp out my Raider
    My paypal is eve.devadder@gmail.com
    I am happy to spend 5€ of the server cost myself, so if we could get 13€, that would be much appreciated. I will keep this post updated, so check before you give, i do not want to make a profit of this! (If you want your name here, send me a pm stating who you are on paypal)
    Donations so far:

18 / 18

DeVadder - 5€
    squirrelfanatic - 5€
    Miker - 5€
    Antares - 3€

edit: Thanks everybody, that was quick.
    Last edited by DeVadder; 24-04-2012 at 09:55 PM.

I'll throw in 5 euros as well.

Same here, 5 EUR sent.

edit: you people are too fast and nice for my writing speed

I already bought the GP and rented the server. I will launch it immediatly after finishing this post
    The name is RockPaperShazbot.
    For now it will have standard CTF rules, if we want to change anything, we can. It is in the region Europe - Amsterdam but even that can be changed anytime.
    There appears to be no way to reserve spots for now, so if the server gets popular (and i assume so ^^) and is full but you really want to get in, you have to poke someone on the steam group who has the admin password and can kick some stranger. ^^
    What brings us to the next point, the admin password. I am not sure how we should deal with that. It appears, that only i can change it, so we are probably not in danger of somehow loosing the server should the pass become public. But nevertheless, i would prefer to not make it public. If someone used it to grief, i would have to change it and resend it to everybody who will be part of the however decided group of admins.
    For now, i will just send it to Miker and those people who helped pay for it and if you want it too, post here or pm me. And come on the server

Also, if anybody wants it to use some different ruleset, post here as well. And if you have nothing to say, still post! Posting is your friend!
    Last edited by DeVadder; 24-04-2012 at 06:59 PM.

Money sent, assuming Paypal worked. And thanks for the admin password

Just getting into TA, mind if i tag along for the fun?!

Activated Node
    Just wanted to throw my name (Torabayashi) on the list as well. I'm rather busy writing my thesis at the moment, but I normally play a few games during the evenings.