Page 12 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Sure, join the Steam group and the server

I just saw, for some wierd reason, Tribes censors the official in Unofficial RPS community server in the description....

So I just joined our (currently empty) server and I get ping around 110. Not bad, really. Seems rather playable. The server browser seems to be missing the ability to add favorites, which seems like a pretty large oversight. Also, how do I actually admin a server that's not mine? Is it even possible? And one more thing -- earlier this morning when I thought I was going to be running a server, I created a server that I didn't activate, and now it's just sitting there with no way to remove it. Weird.

No idea how you can admin. I just assumed it to be possible, why else would there be a admin password.
    I believe you can add favorites by clicking the small star on the far left in the browser.

Blimey, I go make some dinner and by the time I'm back we have a server! Excellent! Will anyone be about tonight? I've got a Blood Bowl match scheduled but I should be on at some point.

Also, it might be an idea to add the server name (or IP - can you even connect by IP?) to the main thread and Steam group so that people know where to go.
    I occasionally write things on this website. You can read these things by clicking this thing:
    www.teamsao.com

Not sure if this would be a wise idea, but maybe we could tell the Hivemind about this?

Announcement made in Steam group and added to first post. And I suppose we can notify the Hivemind. I don't think it'll hurt.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Also an idea to give the guy updating this sticky thread a poke: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/foru...68-Server-List

(I haven't done it myself in case this is what you all meant by "notify the Hivemind", to avoid us all PMing the guy 20 times )

I'll add my details just in case: Tribes name: Bearum, Steam name...Kyndylan? I think. I'll find you in Steam Chat, I expect.

I just sent an email to RPS's contact email asking them to make a small post about our server as part of the somewhat-regular "RPS games club" posts that give updates on forum happenings. Hopefully they say something, although they're so busy I don't expect them to. And yeah, someone should send a PM to QuantaCat to update the servers page. I'm going to be busy for the rest of the day, so I won't be doing it.

Network Hub
    Servers can be added to "favourites" by clicking the star on the far left column of the server browser. I'm not sure how admin works for non-owners. As far as rules go, I'd say keep it vanilla, perhaps with auto-assign and class limits- we don't need more than 4 TCN per team, for example.

As for the Raider update: plasma gun OP, other guns sidegrades. Expect a nerf on the plasma gun soon...or at least hope for one.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Miker View Post
    And yeah, someone should send a PM to QuantaCat to update the servers page. I'm going to be busy for the rest of the day, so I won't be doing it.
    Done!

When you favourite a server, is there actually a quick way to join it? I can't see any sort of "favourite servers" list anywhere (which probably means I am blind)

Network Hub
    Unfortunately no, you just have to click the F button on the top column bar until it sorts all your favourites in the region to the top.

Obscure Node
    Ooh a server! I'll pop on later so that you can all kill me.

My Tribes ID is BushidoJoe (wayward_ronin on Steam).
    Steam ID: wayward_ronin Origin ID: BushidoJoe Windows Live ID: Wayward Ronin 7
    PSN: Wayward_Ronin

Didn't know there was an RPS server, I'll throw my hat into the ring (so you can throw discs at my head). TribesID NieA7, same on Steam.

Wow, I look away for a few hours and suddenly this thread is 12 pages long and we have a server! [VGCA]! I'll chip in the last 3 euros.

That was a nice server birthday party, sadly I had to leave soon. Great fun with you guys, the lack of good team balancing la TF2 is really annoying though.

Bah, I just crashed whilst throwing a grenade at someone. I guess I'll leave it there and come back later after Blood Bowl.
    I occasionally write things on this website. You can read these things by clicking this thing:
    www.teamsao.com

We had up to 10 vs 10 playing when i left, awesome.
    We have changed the rules on the fly to Friendly Fire (not on base assets), 1 shrike per team, unlimited gravcycles for 10 credits each.

If we want to leave them that i do not know, but i liked it this way. I suppose most discussion will focus on friendly fire, we turned it on when there were just 3 of us so we could fool around and play deathmatch and just left it that way. I guess it should not target deployables, we had some accidental dead forcefields, but the normal friendly fire, i would say yes.

But to sum it up, i am glad the server has been so well recieved and see you on the battlefield.

Had a good fun little play with the flokes about 20 mins ago. Nice to be playing on a server where any chat that goes on is either friendly banter or just casual talk about game mechanics (like how that plasma gun is indeed horridly powerful), as opposed to the public servers where the only talk is usualy far too hostile.

And sorry to Vadder and... cant remember the other guy there in the Steam chat. I kind of joined the voice chat like a creepy old man hanging about in the background then. Could hear you speaking Dutch so thought I wouldent butt in

Great to hear that the server was populated earlier today And DeVadder -- I sent you a Steam friend request that you haven't accepted yet.