Page 15 of 59 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    I've had an idea for an event for a future day (Which means I've seen this Youtube video and think we should steal the idea):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0xL4...&feature=g-u-u

For those in a hurry - Gravcycle racing. Any takers?

Activated Node
    Hi,

just wanted to introduce myself.
    RPS Name is Gnodab (as you can see) Tribes Name Badong (So creative)

I'd like to join some games and maybe throw some money at our benefactors if this becomes a stable thing.
    But I've got a couple of questions beforehand. I scrolled through the thread and read something about FF. IS this still on? Because if so, then I think I should pass, because just judging from the amount of times I kill myself in Tribes I'm afraid I'd be a royal pain in the ass for my team
    I have serious FPS issues and random problems with my internet connection. In Pub games this isn't much of an issue. Sure sometimes the world stands still for a moment and afterwards everything explodes, but I can deal with it. But fragging my teammates because of terrible lag, doesn't feel very gentlemanlike

And I also suck at the game anyways. Don't know how much I can blame the issues for this. But although I've been playing since Beta, I can not for the life of me make it further then the usual 4th or 5th place. The couple of times I came out on Top, were due to my Team getting horribly slaughtered, because everybody ran around confused in the gen room

Until two days ago I also never played anything but Soldier, because it didn't really feel feasible in Pub games. Gotta be everywhere!
    Now I have to admit that I tried our the Raider and really love the Plasma/Cluster Combo. I'm not sure how OP it is. You could argue that since I can play the Raider without becoming useless (unlike the horrible, confusing time I played Pathfinder and clipped through the world until I exploded over and over again) it must be OP. But I don't know. I still think the Arx/Greandelauncher/NJ feel even cheaper to me. Might be due to the traumatizing Inv/Jackal wars. And due to the fact that I hate hitscan (and that it never workes with my horrible FPS/Ping), but I think if they stop giving you the Airmail Bonus (which is retarded anyways) and maybe resize the hitbox (which seems to big, but then again I can't really tell because I have the same issue with the Spinfuser where I sometimes Blueplate people when I'm sure I'd miss) it isn't that bad. I mean you are terrible slow and you don't deal splash damage, so as long as you don't use the Shield it is kinda ok. And the jammer is much less cheap and also benefits your team.

I just realized that I'm spamming this Thread with a wall of text. Sorry about that! But I really like this game. And RPS! I better calm down know...

Network Hub
    FF is off, no need to worry about that.

Friendly Fire is off.
    Beeing bad is no issue, tonight me and two friends spent 3 rounds exclusively on bikes. That was a blast but not exactly 'good'. ^^
    And 4th or 5th doesn't sound too bad either. Actually not at all ^^

Also, i do not understand your remark concerning hitscan weapons, the raider as none. Only the pistols and shotguns are hitscan.

Well, just join ahead, say [VGH] and have some fun
    The server is paid for for 87 more days, so we got to use it.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Wow, got invited to the Steam group without even asking! Not played much Tribes this week, but will add the server next time I play.

In game name is X_Sp0nge.

Ultra kill orbital in the game I hopped into today. I'm happy. Oh, and DeVadder -- have you looked into why our server is 28 slots? I assume it's set to 32 on the admin page. I might go poking into the Hi-Rez official forums later, see if I can find other people with the same issue.

Getting disturbed by how fast I can get the fat 'ol Brute up to. Jugs and Doombringers are not really built to go too quick, but spazzed over the flag at 200 eariler as a fatty, even if I died 5 seconds later.
    So wrong and yet... so right.

Been recording my playing (my god I'm bad) and going to use it to coax friends in. We shall see what happens.

Can we set the gen to periodically shoot friendly fire flames to purge the room from same team gen honkers?

Network Hub
    The Brute can get up to a fair old lick with his heavy spinfusor, especially if you use Potential Energy. I can't wait until he gets a new weapon and perhaps becomes more meaningful in CTF.

Quote Originally Posted by Miker View Post
    Ultra kill orbital in the game I hopped into today. I'm happy. Oh, and DeVadder -- have you looked into why our server is 28 slots? I assume it's set to 32 on the admin page. I might go poking into the Hi-Rez official forums later, see if I can find other people with the same issue.
    It is indeed set to 32. I have experienced quite often that i wanted to join a friend on a server and had to wait, assuming the server is full, when my buddy tells me there are 14 in each team. In the beta it was often only 12 or 13 per team. I assume that HiRez sets limits, maybe basing somehow on stability, ressources, black magic, mood?

Network Hub
    As far as I can tell, every private server is 28 player max currently, even the HiRez ones. I can only assume it's a bug.

What, Hi-Rez owes us 4 player slots? Fuck 'em, that's 2 spots that I could be lower on the scoreboard! I demand satisfaction (but please don't choose Spinfusors, I suck with them).

Obscure Node
    I believe they should remove the rest of the brute's weaponry and strap a fractal grenade on their chests, so they can run into the genroom and explode.

I'm not bitter at all.

Enjoyed the game last night was a lot of fun. Currently I'm just running around as a Soldier, getting a feel for the game. (I actually _like_ the Assault Rifle, switching between that and the Thumper on the fly - am I weird?)

I may unlock Technician since I often find myself repairing bases so may as well get good at it.

I tried connecting to the Mumble server and joining the Tribes channel but couldn't see or hear anyone else. Were people using it?

P.

Network Hub
    The AR/Thumper DX combo is one of the most powerful in the game, second only to the raider and the juggernaut's LMG/spinfusor disk really.

If you're good with chainguns the TCN's SMG is nearly as good as the RDR's so you could do a great job of flagstand defence.

I don't usually go in mumble because my headset requires a game restart for some reason, and I'm lazy.

ALSO: PATCH DAY!

Weapon/Balance Items

• Increased damage on Brute’s Heavy Spinfusor by roughly 7%.
    • Modified the Pathfinder's Light Assault Rifle so that it has an increased projectile speed and fall-off begins at a greater distance (buffed). Projectile speed now matches that of the Soldier’s Assault Rifle.
    • Modified the collision size of Raider’s Plasma Gun projectile. The weapon’s damage and rate of fire remain the same.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed an issue that impacted the ability of the Shrike to fly vertically.
    • Fixed an issue in which the First Win of the Day bonus was not being awarded in some scenarios.
    • Fixed an issue that would prevent a player from deploying deployables.
    • Recently earned badges are now shown correctly on the profile page.
    • Several bug fixes and cleanups on the menu UI.

Hooray hooray the plasma gun witch is dead. I hope. Also: Brute spinfusor now actually worthwhile.

There s some people on steam chat sometimes. I log into mumble but havent really come across anyone there. Would be good to get more voice on.

I for once am allways in the steam group chat when playing tribes and often use its voice. Dont be afraid to say something if i am speaking german with friends, we use that room to be able to speak with others and are fine with speaking english, german is just our native.

Should we try to agree to one voice chat system then, and stick with Steam Chat?

P.

Fixed an issue in which the First Win of the Day bonus was not being awarded in some scenarios.
    I noticed that one, quite irritating when you are missing out on the 1.2k XP. Good to see it being fixed. Apart from that and the Brute no major changes apparently. The Plasma Gun will still be very powerful but let's see where it takes us (to heaven most likely).

I am interested to see how the whole XP/unlock business will work out in the long run. Most costs for unlockables are still very high (too high to be feasible, even for dedicated players) and quite a few of the alternative weapons are straight upgrades. Hopefully prices will be adjusted in the future when more weapons become available. In my opinion the Hi-Rez people could learn a thing or two from other successful titles in the field concerning the handling of unlocks, first and foremost Team Fortress 2.

Activated Node
    Hey all!
    I'm Darth Pingu. In-game my name is CountPingu because I didn't register a patent for Darth Pingu (wouldn't have fared well anyway)...
    I prefer quite a few classes in the game. I'm adapting really much to what we need on my team (pub - many heroes playing Call of Duty in there, and not thinking tactical (3 sentinels, 0 pathfinders, anyone?)). What I've played most, is the pathfinder. Second after that (statistics) is tech.
    For offensive work, e.g. killing, I use raider, brute and juggernaut. The only class I haven't unlocked (yes, paid) is the doombringer, which seems tedious. Well, maybe except for the chaingun, that is.
    One can't say I have many caps in my history (125, if the stats are correct), but I've just started to get serious with going fast.
    Oh and, I've never been on the RPS server (is it custom?). I just like this community and haven't posted in any TA community yet.
    I play on the Amsterdam region (?).
    Cheers
    Last edited by DarthPingu; 27-04-2012 at 04:12 PM.