Page 16 of 59 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Is it just me, or is the plasma gun still pretty broken? I tried it out in training post-patch and it's still by far the easiest weapon to get midairs with.

+1 for good screennames. "Killing is badong."

Quote Originally Posted by gnodab View Post
    Hi,

just wanted to introduce myself.
    RPS Name is Gnodab (as you can see) Tribes Name Badong (So creative)

I'd like to join some games and maybe throw some money at our benefactors if this becomes a stable thing.
    But I've got a couple of questions beforehand. I scrolled through the thread and read something about FF. IS this still on? Because if so, then I think I should pass, because just judging from the amount of times I kill myself in Tribes I'm afraid I'd be a royal pain in the ass for my team
    I have serious FPS issues and random problems with my internet connection. In Pub games this isn't much of an issue. Sure sometimes the world stands still for a moment and afterwards everything explodes, but I can deal with it. But fragging my teammates because of terrible lag, doesn't feel very gentlemanlike

And I also suck at the game anyways. Don't know how much I can blame the issues for this. But although I've been playing since Beta, I can not for the life of me make it further then the usual 4th or 5th place. The couple of times I came out on Top, were due to my Team getting horribly slaughtered, because everybody ran around confused in the gen room

Until two days ago I also never played anything but Soldier, because it didn't really feel feasible in Pub games. Gotta be everywhere!
    Now I have to admit that I tried our the Raider and really love the Plasma/Cluster Combo. I'm not sure how OP it is. You could argue that since I can play the Raider without becoming useless (unlike the horrible, confusing time I played Pathfinder and clipped through the world until I exploded over and over again) it must be OP. But I don't know. I still think the Arx/Greandelauncher/NJ feel even cheaper to me. Might be due to the traumatizing Inv/Jackal wars. And due to the fact that I hate hitscan (and that it never workes with my horrible FPS/Ping), but I think if they stop giving you the Airmail Bonus (which is retarded anyways) and maybe resize the hitbox (which seems to big, but then again I can't really tell because I have the same issue with the Spinfuser where I sometimes Blueplate people when I'm sure I'd miss) it isn't that bad. I mean you are terrible slow and you don't deal splash damage, so as long as you don't use the Shield it is kinda ok. And the jammer is much less cheap and also benefits your team.

I just realized that I'm spamming this Thread with a wall of text. Sorry about that! But I really like this game. And RPS! I better calm down know...

Also, is the server down? I played on it a lot yesterday and favorited it, but now it isn't displaying in the list. Did the server move regions?

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by paranoydandroyd View Post
    +1 for good screennames. "Killing is badong."
    +1 smile for "getting it"

paranoydandroyd isn't bad either, although i can't stop reading it as dan aykroyd. i blame the ys.

Regarding the plasma gun. I tryed it out for two matches but it didn't feel nerfed at all. On the contrary I realized for the first time that it does seem to deal splash damage...

Indeed I cant see the server myself. Came on for some shazbotting... and ended up playing public London.
    Kinda shows when you do go back to the public servers everything just devolves into an angry gen-fest.

Activated Node
    same here. played pub as a soldier trying to defend the base, with the gen down almost teh entire game. everybody screaming defend the gen. so i switch to raider, run in there and find five teammates running into some brutes disco... clear the gen walk back out one minute later, rinse and repeat... needless to say no flags where capped... mfw

Yeah, server seems to be down. Weird.

I assume the patch took the server offline, i brought it back up.

Activated Node
    So, at what times are people playing?

Obscure Node
    Hey, now I've actually remembered my forum password I thought I'd pop on here and say Hi. I'm BaronWR in TA, if people want to add me as a friend. Still a bit rubbish at the game, but it's nice to have something that doesn't revolve around chest-high walls and sniping.

Also, are people using voice chat? It'd be pretty cool to play with a bit more co-operation than on the public servers. I know there's a RPS mumble server, which works pretty well.

New event scheduled for 9pm today (I think? Time zones are hard) And yes, we should figure out which one we're going to use. Has anybody actually been in the RPS mumble server and talking to people? If you have, are there other people in there too?

I have, I was going to play and Svdvorak and StalinsGhost were in but the patching process took ages.

Is there server down again/still? Can anyone friend or invite me if they're on the server?

Can't see the server

Aye. We seem to have an event but no actual server it seems. Looks like the guys in the steam chat are aranging a seperate server to use in the meantime though.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    The M1, It Goes Ping: volun.nets for now it'd seem
    On EU-Amsterdam
    Last edited by Danny252; 28-04-2012 at 10:32 PM.

Sorry about the event, guys. I didn't realize the server wouldn't be up :-/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Stealing flags as brute is hella fun.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!

I'd vote for UTC (timezone). Or, you use something like World time server and post these kind of links people can click.

EDIT: Also, my in game name is Vadriar and I tried finding the RPS server, but it either wasn't up or was completely deserted.
    Last edited by Boris; 29-04-2012 at 10:11 AM.

Ok then, let's set up another event!