Page 17 of 59 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    No idea why it keeps going offline. Was there another patch?
    Nevertheless it should be up now, but we really need to figure out a way for others to admister the server when i am not online

Network Hub
    Servers went down yesterday for no particular reason. I assume they had an outage somewhere. Hopefully HiRez will make servers auto-resume.

Activated Node
    Is it me or is the Server still down?

I couldn't find it earlier either.

It should be up, just had a good game on Arx with the chums.

Network Hub
    Yeah. I feel that you would probably beat me in a duel were the pings more even, Miker

Quote Originally Posted by evilbobthebob View Post
    Yeah. I feel that you would probably beat me in a duel were the pings more even, Miker
    Aw shucks, you're too kind. But you do bring up a good point about the pings -- I find that having 100+ ping *really* throws off my chaingun aim, whereas it doesn't really impact my spinfusor aim. I swear I've never missed that many shots with my LMG before.

In general, I find it really hard to hit with most of the bullet weapons. I can time spinfusors to hit at peoples' feet most of the time, but I'm terrible with the Soldier's EX-AR 30 and the chaingun. It's kind of weird to read that in general the assault rifle is considered better than the other main weapon unlock for the soldier (spinfusor), because I can't hit people with it. At all.

Network Hub
    It's better because you can hit people at any time reliably, unlike the spinfusor where reliable hits require the enemy to be touching a surface. That does rely on being able to aim it, but that comes with practice.

"It's kind of weird to read that in general the assault rifle is considered better than the other main weapon unlock for the soldier (spinfusor), because I can't hit people with it"

I think in some situations the assault rifle is better; the rate of fire means that you can afford to miss some of the time and can correct your aim. Plus you can hit them while in the air - so if use your jetpack sparingly to make sure _you're_ in the air as they fire, hopefully their spinfusor won't be hitting you.

P.

Wondering can any RPSers help me out with this. Am going on a gaming weekend with some friends and would like to introduce them to TA. Obviously rather than getting everyone to do their own install (and 8GB download), I'd like to install it from an existing version.

I tried simply copying the entire content of the following directories:

{etc}\Documents\My Games\Tribes Ascend
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Hi-Rez Studios

Unfortunately I get an error related to the fact that a particular service isn't installed. I tried running HiPatchSelfUpdateWindow.exe hoping that might detect the lack of service and install it, but no luck.

Any tips appreciated,

P.

Lesser Hivemind Node Winged Nazgul's Avatar
    I'm guessing it's because you need to install it to get the game recognized by the system. You might want to try running the installer and then copying over all the files instead of downloading the updates.

btw, is anyone unlocking the way I do: namely max out a character then play it all the time?
    (well, as maxed out as possible, anyhow)
    Last edited by QuantaCat; 30-04-2012 at 11:22 AM.
    - Tom De Roeck.

monochrom & verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

I started playing different characters to see what character best fits my style. Focused on unlocking the Infiltrator a lot (though not the incredibly expensive weapons), but found out i couldn't play him well. However, the Spinfusor suits me well, so i know unlocked soldier and Brute a lot. I love the Brute especially (no idea why people complain he is underpowered), and his grenades are legendary

Network Hub
    The Brute has mobility issues compared with mediums and lights, and he has no chainguns so he relies on being indoors or using a spinfusor very well. Since the damage on it got buffed the class is certainly a bit more viable.

Activated Node
    Brute:
    Jet-skip around and spin(in)fuse everyone. You surely get a lot of attention, but with disconade, safety third, shield pack and potential energy, those pathfinders will get trouble.
    - And unlock the Nova Colt. It's ridiculous.

I was working on maxing out Soldier, the first class I played, but then decided to try out Technician, and am at 45% for that. Kinda suits my game play to run around repairing stuff while fending off attackers at the flag (I love Engineer in TF2) .

P.

Quote Originally Posted by oceanclub View Post
    I was working on maxing out Soldier, the first class I played, but then decided to try out Technician, and am at 45% for that. Kinda suits my game play to run around repairing stuff while fending off attackers at the flag (I love Engineer in TF2) . P.
    The problem with the Technician is that he heavily relies on the generator being up and running which can be a pretty time-consuming and ultimately pointless endeavour. The TF2 engi is far more flexible than his Tribes cousin. On the other hand: multiple turrets.

I once was first pointwise on the server, because I held a capture point for the entire game. just me, and my two turrets. that was made of awesome.

my team lost, though.
    - Tom De Roeck.

monochrom & verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    I once was first pointwise on the server, because I held a capture point for the entire game. just me, and my two turrets. that was made of awesome. my team lost, though.
    I only ever played CTF, therefore my experience with the classes might be a bit biased by this specific environment.