Page 21 of 59 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    Yes. and done.
    - Tom De Roeck.

monochrom & verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Quote Originally Posted by Scumbag View Post
    Feel free as it seems most people are adding each other.

I wonder if there is anything that can be done about map rotation? Played Arx Noveria (or whatever its name is) 3 times tonight, and it loaded a forth time as I was logging off.
    Sure, we can have it not go random. I just thought it was kinda boring to play the maps in the same order everytime. But indeed it is kinda annoying when it keeps using the same map.

I tried some capture and hold as well and didn't find it so bad, really. Maybe we can put some of those maps in the rotation?

Quote Originally Posted by Skydancer View Post
    I tried some capture and hold as well and didn't find it so bad, really. Maybe we can put some of those maps in the rotation?
    Nope, it can only be one game type in the rotation sadly.

Sigh. Someday...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Hypernetic's Avatar
    Anyone else really tired of people with 200+ pings on servers they shouldn't be on? They warp all over the place and because of lag compensation they can hit you just fine with hitscan weapons. Really annoys me, especially when they start bragging about how awesome they are even with a high ping...

/rant

I've been playing TA this week and am liking it, so playing with lovely RPSers can only enhance that, right? So, count me in (Gerbick everywhere I go). Only problem I have is I can't use voicechat (pc is in front room and lovely Mrs Gerbick looks at me funny and/or tuts whenever I dare speak to anything other than her).

Anybody else having trouble logging in and the game freezing at startup?

Network Hub
    Servers are down, I think. The CSN tournament is starting soon and there were some password reset security issues that they probably want to sort before it goes live (6pm EDT, or 11pm BST)

Network Hub
    Yep, server troubles: interrupted what was becoming quite a nice night with a bunch of us all playing.

Server's are back up.

While it seems most of the mechanics were sorted in Beta these server problems should have been sorted sooner IMO

Network Hub
    This is one of the first outages we've had in a while. They've given all boosted players an extra day to make up for it, though obviously that's not helpful for anyone else. There are certainly a number of improvements that need to be done, of course. Actually making custom servers support 32 players would be a start.

Ah, so that's why I had problems tonight. I thought my connection was flakey!

Again another match of fun... and again another match killed by technicalities.
    If it were not for the problems we had I think there would be full servers most nights, just we cant have full servers most nights as that seems to kill it!
    I'll agree about writing a complaint. I know the game is still in early stages, but seriously this is a paid for server that is on a time limit and if the server is not working due to technicalities beyond the admin's powers or due to flakey server options its just not really on at all.

Activated Node
    Is there something wrong with me, or was the server empty yesterday night (or both)?

Quote Originally Posted by DarthPingu View Post
    Is there something wrong with me, or was the server empty yesterday night (or both)?
    I think it was empty. I joined a random server instead and proceeded to have the worst game of T:A I've ever had.

Raindance. Both teams grab the flag. Both teams go to gen room. Spam mines and turrets at entrance so nothing gets past. Sit there for entire game. Zzzzzzzzzzz.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by airtekh View Post
    I think it was empty. I joined a random server instead and proceeded to have the worst game of T:A I've ever had.

Raindance. Both teams grab the flag. Both teams go to gen room. Spam mines and turrets at entrance so nothing gets past. Sit there for entire game. Zzzzzzzzzzz.
    Ooh. I love those. ... Naut.
    The only reason I can come up with for the gen to only have one entrance, is vaariety. Like that Sunstar's flag base opens up more when the gen goes down. Other than that, it's just plain facepalm...

Network Hub
    The reason is: that's how it's always been. From what I've read, Raindance has been in every Tribes game, and the same kind of turtling has always happened.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by evilbobthebob View Post
    The reason is: that's how it's always been. From what I've read, Raindance has been in every Tribes game, and the same kind of turtling has always happened.
    In other words because people don't want change... An entrance from the far side of the flag stand or something could be nice.