Page 24 of 59 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    My default Perk is definately Quick Draw. I allways use it unless i need something else for the class/role i do.

I too am American and play a lot on the EU servers at around 90-110 ping which is manageable.

Also remember if you dont unlock new classes the more likely you will get a daily deal in one that you play.

Good times with rabbit on the server. FF is great with it!

Quote Originally Posted by AuralViolations View Post
    Also remember if you dont unlock new classes the more likely you will get a daily deal in one that you play.
    Thats a good point, makes me wish I never unlocked the bloody sent now. That and all I ever get are SMGs for the Jug

jugnewloadout.jpg
    Last edited by Scumbag; 15-05-2012 at 12:58 AM. Reason: quoted wrong post

Lesser Hivemind Node deadly.by.design's Avatar
    I'll try to keep that mind. So, the deal of the day isn't global, but client-based?

With around 30k XP at the moment, I'm thinking of unlocking Doombringer and the Super Heavy perk. Or maybe just Super Heavy for use with Jug, and then the Raider class. I just don't know, but the good part is that my 4 available classes aren't really feeling restrictive at the moment. It's just an urge to branch out and spend that xp that has me trying to decide.

Then again, I'm constantly killing stupid Infiltrators, which makes me want to unlock that nonsense to stealth grief bases...
    Last edited by deadly.by.design; 15-05-2012 at 04:01 AM.

Good times with rabbit on the server. FF is great with it!
    Good point, i should probably put that here. I changed the server yesterday to rabbit with 50% friendly fire as people were asking for it when i left. That means i did not get to play it, but it sure sounds fun

I'm up to around 40k XP and still can't decide what to unlock. The possibilities are too great -- hah. The benefit of this silly indecision is that I'm getting better at the classes I already play, like defending as Tech and bombarding as Jug. The Thumper DX or Motion sensors would be really nice for my tech, but they're 100k & 72k, and something tells me Doombringer/SuperHeavy would be a smarter step. Also, the Soldier's Spinfusor is within my grasp, and that's attractive...well, just because.

Either way, watching a few tutorials has helped me fulfill roles a bit better. That, and learning that suicide is an attractive (in-game) option that I should consider. Counter-intuitive, but often more effective once I'm out of ammo completely and not near an ammo drop.

id rather go for unlocking different classes or maybe some essential perks/mines for doombringer.
    yesterday got a daily deal for technician class and surprisingly been enjoying it a lot. it is really a frantic role, running between generator and flag, repairing stuff, dropping turrets,- theres always something to do.
    by the way you can get soldier's spinfusor unlock code here for free http://www.fileplay.net/keys

Quote Originally Posted by grasskit View Post
    by the way you can get soldier's spinfusor unlock code here for free http://www.fileplay.net/keys
    It generated a code for me. I'll try it when I go home for lunch. Thanks!

Having the Spinfusor might actually get me to play the Soldier class.

/edit/ It worked! Woot.
    Last edited by deadly.by.design; 16-05-2012 at 07:57 PM.

Playing Doombringer as HoF is IMHO one of the most fun things in Tribes. (Maybe after capping/chasing)
    It is so satisfying to sit on the flag an see those little Pathfinders crash into you or your shields as they try to get the flag.
    This ofc. only works if your team kills the spamming Jugs before they make your life miserable.

@deadly.by.design:Maybe you won't enjoy playing HoF, but if you do, you should try to unlock (and upgrade) SuperHeavy after a few upgrades for mines/shield because it is very helpful. Without the perk Pathfinders won't die when they crash into you.

I'm about 20k XP away from unlocking the Heavy Bolt Launcher (+ ~8k for upgrading) which is my final investment in the Doombringer. But I'm not sure yet if the expensive Heavy Bolt Launcher will be worth it. I hope so.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by grasskit View Post
    Thank you very much!

The thumper for a tcn is a sensible choice, if you get good with that you can oneshot light classes and generally have a high dps against everything (mind you, it's not a thumper DX, it's a FULL thumper meaning it shoots 200 m before exploding and does 910 damage on a direct!). If you want to be also chasing as a tcn, the SMG might be a wiser choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Skydancer View Post
    The thumper for a tcn is a sensible choice, if you get good with that you can oneshot light classes and generally have a high dps against everything (mind you, it's not a thumper DX, it's a FULL thumper meaning it shoots 200 m before exploding and does 910 damage on a direct!). If you want to be also chasing as a tcn, the SMG might be a wiser choice.
    100,000 XP, though... Eeesh. With a requirement like that, would it be worth unlocking before the TCN Motion Sensor or the Doombringer's Mines (72k each)? Or the Jug's LMG at the same 100k cost?

I suppose there's a reason why it costs, considering you can jet up and blast an incoming capper as he's on the stand. But, still ... I can't help but feel that these 100k items are too pricey.

Well, for example I was considering getting motion sensors but after repeatedly getting my ass saved by grenades+safety third against heavies assaulting, I won't be unlocking them. They really help when clearing enemies inside and the motion sensors can be offset by decent intel (keep the radar up!).
    Then, I bought the thumper with gold from my 9€ purchase too. And good thumper tcns are not called skillnicians for nothing!

When you put it that way... I do alright with the TCN's SMG, but most of my deaths have been due to not having enough firepower to kill a heavy or Raider indoors. Yeah, I win maybe 1/4 of the time, but having the Thumper would mean I have a chance to win with more than lucky grenade throws. Once your turrets are down and you're fighting a superior force indoors, there just isn't much luck to be had with the SMG.

I agree, against heavy classes and some medium, when I play as TCN I feel almost every time powerless, specially indoors.

Quote Originally Posted by KorbenGoodkat View Post
    I agree, against heavy classes and some medium, when I play as TCN I feel almost every time powerless, specially indoors.
    A bright spot for Technicians today -- While playing on lunch break, I had two successful instances of sneaking up on a mortaring Heavy (to the right), throwing down a 'nade to their left, getting a melee or two in, and then finishing them off with the SMG.

But that was outdoors, and didn't make up for the six or seven times a heavy smeared me in the base.

Also, despite determining to save up 100k XP for the TCN Thumper, I keep finding little upgrades that I need along the way. Things like the final +5 Mortar ammo, since I love to Jug ... or +15% TCN repair rate. Just the little stuff that costs 1-4k. Guess I'd better stop if I ever want to see that Thumper...
    Last edited by deadly.by.design; 17-05-2012 at 08:34 PM.

Indeed I would also love the Thumper for my TCN, meanwhile I just avoid confrontations with heavy's unless they mess with my generator or get too close to my flag.

Quote Originally Posted by Scumbag View Post
    Thats a good point, makes me wish I never unlocked the bloody sent now. That and all I ever get are SMGs for the Jug

jugnewloadout.jpg

Agreed. Unlocking the sent was cool(I play every blue moon for 5 minutes to see if i suck any less at sniping) until this daily deal. 3 of my deals have been Falcons! each getting a worse deal than before. And 2 Jug deals(the only other class I don't play) so far. I did buy the deals with hardly a thought the other...3 days.

Also anyone notice that when their account is/was empty or low on gold, you got WAYYYYY better discounts?

Make sure you really want the thumper. Try it out in training and even try the soldiers thumper dx out in a game(smaller scale but similar enough in everything else to try its mechanics).

for the same price you can unlock the DMB and mines(needed!).

or keep working on the tech.

I got bored playing CTF tech when I felt like the flags were still getting capped despite my best effort, thats when I gave DMB a shot. It is either fun or horribly frustrating, but still I enjoy it. A DMB needs a good tech or 2 in a pub match though.