Page 32 of 59 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Skydancer View Post
    Then I switch teams because of bad balance.
    Nope, you look for whichever side I am on and play on the other one

EDIT: Tonight may end up being another arena night, though not through choice. Since I cant change the game type its stuck in arena mode.
    Sorry to anyone wanting some CTF (which I hoped to be playing) but there is little I can do atm, unless we use another server.
    Last edited by Scumbag; 08-06-2012 at 07:37 PM.

Sorry for those expecting CTF, there was not much that could have been done about that. Despite that, the arena games were quite fun to say though. I'll try and space out the arena nights and the CTF nights so things can hopefully be sorted in advance.

While I am without doubt useless with the class, tech with a thumper and shootie in the arena is potentially lethal in the right hands! Since I cant aim for poop I don't ever get it right, but with Quick draw and a steady aim a thumper hit followed with a couple of shotgun blasts is possibly enough to finish off most enemies bar heavy classes.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar
    Arena was fun, as I could use the training with the thumper. I just got it around a week ago and still need to get the feel for it. Although I did notice the better I get with the thumper the lower my accuracy becomes with the spinfuser.....

But last night was good fun..... go go turrets!

Lesser Hivemind Node deadly.by.design's Avatar
    I finally bought the DMB mines today, and that means the Thumper is the only important item left for my unlocked classes. (well, not including PTH & SLD, since I don't really play them ... I already have the SLD Spinfusor & Pistol unlocked, though, so I guess the PTH's gun would be all there's there)

Next class I unlock will probably be INF, as I can't help but feel that the Raider is cheese...
    Last edited by deadly.by.design; 10-06-2012 at 02:01 AM.

Network Hub
    The raider is currently somewhat overpowered due to its SMG and shield pack combo. However, the big patch (slated for Tuesday) will throw that into disarray. Difficult to say how things will play out, but I expect Raiders will be generally less potent in duels, especially compared to the soldier.

What the heck? I have no daily deal today. The main menu just tells me to check back in 20 hours, and the store page for it says 'owned.' I didn't purchase anything in the last day. All I did was unlock mines with xp. (here's hoping today's deal wasn't going to be 75% off mines...rrrr)

Nevermind. Must've been some kind of login error. After re-logging, now I have a Raider deal for 30% off. Oh well.

===late edit===

Also, this had me chuckling before bed...

===early(?) edit===

My daily deal is the Thumper--yay, right?! Oh, only 25% off? Nevermind...
    Last edited by deadly.by.design; 11-06-2012 at 01:12 PM.

http://www.egmnow.com/tribesascend/t...e-patch-notes/

epic patchnotes are epic

Quote Originally Posted by Patchnotes
    (...)
    -Reduced inactive reload time from 5 to 3 seconds. Inactive reload time is how long it takes for a weapon to reload automatically when not in hand.
    (...)
    -Decreased by 20% the pickup radius bonus provided by the Reach Perk.
    (...)
    Yay
    Last edited by DeVadder; 12-06-2012 at 02:01 PM.

It's really funny to see oblivious Raider players complaining about the patch on that link, but that class really needed it. I don't mind my Jug's X1 LMG being slightly reduced, or even my TCN's SMG, so long as weaker Raiders get taken down a notch or two. They were my #1 most annoying class to fight (as anything) because of that dumb shield pack and crazy SMG.

Plus, nerfing Raiders gives heavy classes more viability. I mean, if DMB & Jugs are being replaced by Soldiers and Raiders, then HiRez is obviously doing something wrong. So, in light of this patch, good job, HiRez. Now, give us more CTF maps! (and whatever spectator/hud tweaks that those competitive people keep asking about ... heh)
    Last edited by deadly.by.design; 12-06-2012 at 02:46 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Everything looking good so far. Hopefully the next thing is adressing those orbital and tactical strikes (even more).

Exception: The Titan Launcher (a variant of the Saber Launcher) is a good bit more than a statistical change.
    Please don't suck please don't suck please don't suck

EDIT: scratch that, it can't be any worse than what we currently have! I'll take it if it's even remotely fun / interesting to shoot with
    Last edited by Antares; 12-06-2012 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Antares View Post

EDIT: scratch that, it can't be any worse than what we currently have! I'll take it if it's even remotely fun / interesting to shoot with
    Yeah. If no one posts details before then, I'll check it out on lunch break and post details here. Then again, I'm in the U.S., so most of you will probably be off work by then.

Oh, hey... someone found this:
    [TrDevice_ArxBuster_MKD]
    ItemName="Dust Devil"
    InfoPanelDescription="Modified for dry climates, the Dust Devil -as it's popularly called- is a special variant on the stock Arx Buster."
    UpgradeDescription[0]="+6 AMMO"
    UpgradeDescription[1]="+20% DAMAGE\nVERSUS\nARMORED"
    UpgradeDescription[2]="+6 AMMO"

[TrDevice_AssaultRifle_MKD]
    ItemName="Gast's Rifle"
    InfoPanelDescription="The custom rifle made famous by Marshal Gast, this weapon uses a larger caliber round but has a smaller clip size."
    UpgradeDescription[0]="+40 AMMO"
    UpgradeDescription[1]="+4 CLIP\nSIZE"
    UpgradeDescription[2]="+40 AMMO"
    UpgradeDescription[3]="-15% RELOAD\nTIME"

[TrDevice_AutoShotgun_MKD]
    ItemName="The Hammer"
    InfoPanelDescription="Popular among smaller tribes with fewer resources, The Hammer was modified to be more ammo efficient. Ironically, the phrase 'Dropping the Hammer' refers to warriors who are cowardly in combat."
    UpgradeDescription[0]="+10 AMMO"
    UpgradeDescription[1]="+1 CLIP\nSIZE"
    UpgradeDescription[2]="+10 AMMO"
    UpgradeDescription[3]="-25% RELOAD\nTIME"

[TrDevice_ChainGun_MKD]
    ItemName="Chain Cannon"
    InfoPanelDescription="If the Chaingun is relentless, the Chain Cannon is the right hand of oblivion. While not technically a cannon, it's been tooled for larger rounds and more damage, resulting in the popular if incorrect name."
    UpgradeDescription[0]="+50 AMMO"
    UpgradeDescription[1]="-15% SPINUP\nTIME"
    UpgradeDescription[2]="+50 AMMO"
    UpgradeDescription[3]="-15% SPINUP\nTIME"

[TrDevice_Claymore_MKD]
    ItemName="Focused Claymore"
    InfoPanelDescription="This Claymore has been modified for greater trigger and explosion distance, but has smaller trigger angle."
    UpgradeDescription[0]="+1 AMMO"
    UpgradeDescription[1]="+10% RADIUS"
    UpgradeDescription[2]="+20% DAMAGE\nVERSUS\nARMORED"

[TrDevice_ConcussionGrenade_MKD]
    ItemName="Compact Nitron"
    InfoPanelDescription="Like the Impact Nitron, Compact Nitrons deal very little damage but force flag drops. This variant has significantly less knockback, but the compact size allows 1 extra Nitron to be carried."
    UpgradeDescription[2]="+1 AMMO"

[TrDevice_EMPGrenade_MKD]
    ItemName="EMP-XL Grenade"
    InfoPanelDescription="EMP Grenades cause damage and Energy drain to those caught in the blast. This variant has a larger radius and drains the same amount, but deals less damage."
    UpgradeDescription[2]="+20% ENERGY\nDRAIN"

[TrDevice_Grenade_MKD]
    ItemName="Defective Frag"
    InfoPanelDescription="A manufacturing defect causes this grenade to explode in a much larger radius than normal. It's actually quite popular."

[TrDevice_GrenadeXL_MKD]
    ItemName="Short-Fuse Frag"
    InfoPanelDescription="This modified XL grenade has had its fuse shortened, giving enemies less time to respond."

[TrDevice_HeavyAPGrenade_MKD]
    ItemName="Heavy AP-XL"
    InfoPanelDescription="AP Grenades deal massive damage to humans, but are very poor against Armored targets. This variant has a larger explosion radius."
    UpgradeDescription[2]="+10% RADIUS"

[TrDevice_HeavySpinfusor_MKD]
    ItemName="Devastator Spinfusor"
    InfoPanelDescription="A favorite among heavies, the Devastator variant deals a little less damage overall, but packs a significantly harder punch on a direct hit, and has a larger explosion radius."
    UpgradeDescription[0]="+5 AMMO"
    UpgradeDescription[2]="+5 AMMO"

[TrDevice_LightSpinfusor_MKD]
    ItemName="Dueling Spinfusor"
    InfoPanelDescription="This light spinfusor has been modified for Dueling, dealing more damage on a direct hit, but having a slightly smaller explosion radius."

[TrDevice_MortarLauncher_MKD]
    ItemName="Fusion Mortar Deluxe"
    InfoPanelDescription="The FMD, a very popular personal conversion kit, enhances the fusion mortar giving it a faster projectile that deals more damage, but has a smaller explosion radius."

[TrDevice_NJ4SMG_MKD]
    ItemName="Desert NJ4"
    InfoPanelDescription="Conditioning for arid environments has given this custom NJ4 an increased fire rate, at the cost of how much damage is dealt."
    UpgradeDescription[0]="+48 AMMO"
    UpgradeDescription[2]="+48 AMMO"

[TrDevice_NovaColt_MKD]
    ItemName="Nova Blaster MX"
    InfoPanelDescription="A variant of the Nova Blaster that has a better fire rate and a larger clip, but deals less damage per shot."
    UpgradeDescription[0]="+32 AMMO"
    UpgradeDescription[2]="-30% RELOAD\nTIME"

[TrDevice_RepairToolSD_MKD]
    ItemName="Long Range Repair Tool"
    InfoPanelDescription="Repair tools can bring Base Turrets, Generators, and Sensors back online. They can also repair Vehicles. This tool has been modified for a longer range, but repairs slightly slower."
    UpgradeDescription[0]="+15% REPAIR"
    UpgradeDescription[1]="+15% REPAIR"
    UpgradeDescription[2]="+15% REPAIR"

[TrDevice_RhinoSMG_MKD]
    ItemName="Arctic Rhino"
    InfoPanelDescription="While designed for use in frozen conditions, the Arctic Rhino found popularity among Starwolf warriors when the sole survivor of the Battle of Arx Koston was found by medics to be clutching it."
    UpgradeDescription[0]="+52 AMMO"
    UpgradeDescription[2]="+52 AMMO"

[TrDevice_SaberLauncher_MKD]
    ItemName="Titan Launcher"
    InfoPanelDescription="The Titan is a dumb-fire rocket that travels in a straight line. It's designed with a very short fuse, to aid in mid-air suppression, and explodes on any surface contact."
    UpgradeDescription[1]="+15% DAMAGE\nVERSUS\nARMORED"

[TrDevice_Shotgun_MKD]
    ItemName="Holdout Shotgun"
    InfoPanelDescription="This weapon didn't gain popularity until it won the duel between Blood Eagle Nira Magnus and The Usurper. Magnus won by clubbing The Usurper in the face after she ran out of ammo."
    UpgradeDescription[0]="+8 AMMO"
    UpgradeDescription[2]="+8 AMMO"

[TrDevice_SN7_MKD]
    ItemName="Arctic SN7"
    InfoPanelDescription="Another popular Starwolf conversion, the Arctic SN7 is often carried to Blood Eagle worlds, where it inevitably trades owners."
    UpgradeDescription[0]="+20 AMMO"
    UpgradeDescription[1]="-30% RELOAD\nTIME"
    UpgradeDescription[2]="+4 CLIP\nSIZE"

[TrDevice_SniperRifle_MKD]
    ItemName="BXT-1A Rifle"
    InfoPanelDescription="The BXT1-A does more damage the longer you are in Scope. This variant has a slower charge time, but can fire more shots before reloading."
    UpgradeDescription[0]="+10 AMMO"
    UpgradeDescription[2]="-20% RANGE\nFALLOFF"
    UpgradeDescription[3]="-30% RELOAD\nTIME"

[TrDevice_SpikeGrenade_MKD]
    ItemName="Extended Fractal"
    InfoPanelDescription="This Fractal Grenade has a slightly longer duration, but does less damage per blast."
    UpgradeDescription[2]="+10% RADIUS"

[TrDevice_SpinfusorD_MKD]
    ItemName="Spinfusor MK-X"
    InfoPanelDescription="Many tribal warriors disdain the modified Spinfusors issued them, and in protest have modified the Spinfusor MKDs to have performance similar to a standard Spinfusor."

[TrDevice_TCN4SMG_MKD]
    ItemName="Rockwind TCN4"
    InfoPanelDescription="This TCN4 modification was first seen used by Technician Titus Rockwind, who desired a weapon that had the stopping power to drop a Bioderm and not blow himself up in the process."
    UpgradeDescription[0]="+40 AMMO"
    UpgradeDescription[2]="+40 AMMO"

[TrDevice_TCNG_MKD]
    ItemName="TCNG Quickfuse"
    InfoPanelDescription="Technician Rudelus Torvin designed this grenade with a shorter fuse, and wider explosion radius. He long ago had his eyebrows singed off."

[TrDevice_ThumperD_MKD]
    ItemName="Thumper DX"
    InfoPanelDescription="Another Thumper variant, with more damage but less explosion radius."

[TrDevice_StickyGrenade_MKD]
    ItemName="Sticky XL"
    InfoPanelDescription="Sticky grenades deal a massive amount of damage to armored targets such as Base Turrets, Generators, and Vehicles. This version has been modified for a wider damage spread."
    UpgradeDescription[3]="+1 AM
    Fusion Mortar Deluxe, here I come. And the Titan being dumb-fire is a nice alternative for DMBs.

======
    Also, I just saw the worst idea ever.
    http://www.ascendforums.com/topic/40...eams-jetpacks/

Thank goodness HiRez is not listening to players with ideas like that.
    Last edited by deadly.by.design; 12-06-2012 at 03:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Antares View Post

I am not going to buy it. It is 42k xp while all the other new variants are 18k or less. It basically shoots a slow-medium moving rocket in a straight line with a short fuse, so it explodes after short travel mid-air or of course if it hits anything. The radius is great, damage is less than the heavy bolt thrower but knockback is awesome. Meaning it is a great weapon for rocketjumping. Sadly, doombringer does not really want to rocket-jump.
    It is a nice secondary if you have to fight off failed pths or light offense a lot i guess. Or if you are one of those dreaded DMB that use their forcefields and themselves to defend the gener. But for actually killing cappers, i do not see it happen.
    And you loose the possibility to scare away Shrikes harrasing your base/cappers/whatever.

I just tested all the variants and most are either more or less damage in exchange for less or more AOE-range, clip-size and/or fire rate. Some of the grenades are 'short-fuse' and explode quicker.
    But to me most looks pretty balanced, coming to down to personal preference.
    Imho the highlights are:

-Chain Cannon:
    Variant of the Chain Gun. Very similiar but more damage with less rate of fire. However the dps appear to be very similar meaning that it just means the 380 ammo that both hold can last a little longer.

-Rockwind TCN4
    Variant of the Tech SMG. This one has both, less rate of fire AND less clip size but it does a solid 120 damage per hit. That might actually be enough to use it over the Thumper again. At least when the gener is happy and i can play outdoors, shooting at cappers.

-Compact Nitron
    Variant of the Impact Nitron. Less knockback but can carry one more. I'll use this one as i hardly ever impact-jump anyways, i disc-jump to coserve my nitrons in case i need them.

-EMP XL Grenade
    Variant of the EMP Grenade. More range, less damage, same Energy drain. Sounds awesome, i use the grenade launcher anyways, raw damage is not the problem.

-Fusion Mortar Deluxe
    Variant of the Fusion Mortar (no shit!). Smaller Area of effect, more damage, FASTER PROJECTILE giving it more range. Probably harder to use properly as the area of effect appears to be really small but the ability to bomb from further away makes up for that imho.

-Long Range Repair Tool
    Variant of the Improved Repair Tool. Well, as it says, it has more range. I could not test how much less it repairs in training as i could not damage my own light turret, but the range looks nice. Should allow to dance around your repair target way better to evade damage. Also might allow to repair force fields and turrets around the flag from the safety of some cover on some maps.

Imho that's it. The rest appears rather boring. Discuss ^^
    Last edited by DeVadder; 12-06-2012 at 03:40 PM.

I must say I do rather like the current trend toward 'sidegrades' instead of upgrades, what with Planetside 2 taking a similar approach in terms of weapons unlocks and microtransactions. More customisation is always better.

Quote Originally Posted by DeVadder View Post
    -Long Range Repair Tool
    Variant of the Improved Repair Tool. Well, as it says, it has more range. I could not test how much less it repairs in training as i could not damage my own light turret, but the range looks nice. Should allow to dance around your repair target way better to evade damage. Also might allow to repair force fields and turrets around the flag from the safety of some cover on some maps.
    I could see that being quite handy with the mechanic perk.
    I occasionally write things on this website. You can read these things by clicking this thing:
    www.teamsao.com

Quote Originally Posted by frenz0rz View Post
    I must say I do rather like the current trend toward 'sidegrades' instead of upgrades, what with Planetside 2 taking a similar approach in terms of weapons unlocks and microtransactions. More customisation is always better.

I could see that being quite handy with the mechanic perk.
    At least fun i would think. The damage speed of the mechanic perk already is pretty slow though.

Obscure Node
    I dunno if this is where I do this, but my Steam name is Billzor, my Tribes handles is MadUr.

Network Hub
    Fusion mortar deluxe is hilariously long-ranged. I can hit the stand on Arx Novena from outside the range of automatic weapons. You can hit the stand on Crossfire from your team's side of the map.

Quote Originally Posted by evilbobthebob View Post
    Fusion mortar deluxe is hilariously long-ranged. I can hit the stand on Arx Novena from outside the range of automatic weapons. You can hit the stand on Crossfire from your team's side of the map.
    Yeah, but you have to be extremely acurate for that. I could never do that ^^

Quote Originally Posted by evilbobthebob View Post
    Yeah. I can bomb the Raindance flag stand from the top of the hill above the vehicle station now. You've gotta learn where to line your sights up with the background landscape & hills, but it's worth it.

So, yay for weapon variants that reward accuracy.
    Last edited by deadly.by.design; 12-06-2012 at 08:09 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DeVadder View Post
    I am not going to buy it. It is 42k xp while all the other new variants are 18k or less. It basically shoots a slow-medium moving rocket in a straight line with a short fuse, so it explodes after short travel mid-air or of course if it hits anything. The radius is great, damage is less than the heavy bolt thrower but knockback is awesome. Meaning it is a great weapon for rocketjumping. Sadly, doombringer does not really want to rocket-jump.
    It is a nice secondary if you have to fight off failed pths or light offense a lot i guess. Or if you are one of those dreaded DMB that use their forcefields and themselves to defend the gener. But for actually killing cappers, i do not see it happen.
    And you loose the possibility to scare away Shrikes harrasing your base/cappers/whatever.
    Kinda makes me a sadface
    Indoors there seem to be better defense classes then the Doomy but maybe I give the loadout a try and see if I like it more then my defensive Raider build.