Page 54 of 59 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1170
    From what I played with it I'd say the Heavy Twinfusor is actually on par with the X1 LMG. While the X1 is still silly good, the TF I find very good for dealing with lights who come to pester me as I shell the enemy base. Using the SF MKD you need to think about where you place the shot more due to the reload, TF I can spam a couple of shots in an area and I'm more likely to hit them, plus if you hit them with the double tap it will more then likely kill them. On heavies and mediums the X1 may be better in some situations, plus its obviously better at anti-air use. I played about with it on a Sunstar Pub match with the MIRV launcher and I was a royal pain in the gen room at times.
    Also BPS! BPS everywhere!

Obscure Node
    So are we going to use mumble or similar VOIP this evening? Seems to me it always enhances proceedings when you have fifteen people screaming unintelligibly in your ear, and my girlfriend finds it endlessly amusing when I'm shouting out some of my more colourfully-named compatriots names. Mumble is dead easy to set up (http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/foru...nd-other-games) and we can add a seperate channel for each team easily.

Thoughts? I'd be happy to set up the mumble channels if anyone thinks they'd use it. Not too keen to sit in chat by myself like a plum, tho...

Network Hub
    I'll be at least checking mumble, if anyone else is on it I'll be hopping in the channel.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Well this was fun, my internal microphone is crap for mumble, thus can't chat normally, nor do I have any skill left to chat normally in english either :/
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!

I could make it tomorrow, before 22 CET though since I have a scheduled bb match with presterjohn.
    CWalker00> SKYDANCER YOU UTTER BOLLOCKS

Quote Originally Posted by bonkers View Post
    Question: I am currently playing Soldier a lot, playing defense with the spinfusor/thumper combo. Now I am thinking about getting the twin and dx. I am duelling a lot but also often go inside to get rid of Infs and Brutes. I am currently quiet happy with the damage i can dish out in small areas and am afraid the twinfusor might limit that too much so that I am no longer a real threat to Brutes. I could compensate that by getting the AP grenades but then I would lack the proximity grenades which seem to be usefull in defense. After playing around with those I am not really convinced. The DX seems to be great as I tend to have better aim with the thumper than spinfusor...
    Ah, that's so comlicated. Any advice?
    I use the heavy twinfusor and i love it. Twinfusor does in fact deal more damage than the corresponding spinfusor. You just have to land both in quick succesion. You should not think about it as a weaker spinfusor with less reloading but as a more powerfull spinfusor with a projectile split in half.
    In close quarters, where you are likely to hit both on the same target, it is better than the normal fusor imho. Especially against heavys in fact, as they will not bounce as much from your first hit. I think in duels outside, it might be a little worse as it is harder to hit with both when the enemy is on the ground for just a short moment. On the other side it is way easier to land an air shot allthough only for half damage ofc.
    Also, more important for heavies, while the knockback per damage taken is way worse when twinfusor jumping, you get more energy from potential energy. And when fusor jumping as heavy, the potential energy gained is almost more important than the knockback. That means that now a Juggernaut is almost as mobile as a Brute and has the usefull health pack. As i think Heavy Twinfusor and Heavy Spinfusor are on par (note that what i just said about TF beeing better does not apply here as the heavy TF is very similar to the medium one and does not deal more damage than the heavy SF because it replaces the Juggers medium SF) and i sure prefer the mortar deluxe to the brutes secondarys, the Jugg for now has replaced the Brute as my main.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Thanks for the insight. I will fool around a bit with them in taget practice for my final decission.

Also my 30 day booster ended today. If someone is interested (maybe because new to the game or unsure on how usefull those are) here some numbers. Hopefully I didn't make any mistakes. Math is my weak spot

Overall in those 30 days I had almost exactly 40 hours of playtime.
    In those 40 hours I was able to make 483.437 XP. This is primarily only "pure" gameplay xp, only a few badges in the bronze level as I already have all high level badges except those I will most likely never get (fast grab for example )

So lets just round this down to 480.000 XP which would be 12.000 xp per hour boosted playtime.
    In terms of the most expensive weapons (the 88.000 XP ones which cost 500 gold) this would be 4,5 of those, making 2750 gold in comparison.
    A 30 day boost is only 1200 gold, so even if you get all the weapons for 50 percent off in a daily deal (which also includes the luck to get them in a deal in a reasonable amount of time, not like getting the pilot perk over and over again...) you still save a little bit of money, if you can get about over 1 hour playtime per day. Below that buying weapons for money becomes more and more attractive. Of course you get the weapons faster if you pay for them directly, but if that's not an issue for you a booster is a better deal.

So if you have the time and want to save money (or just have the best deal), get a 30 day booster or even a 90 day booster (which is currently on sale). Purely by this numbers with 1 hour playtime a day a 90 day booster would yield around one million xp. That should be enough to get amost everyhing you desire for 30 USD and would leave you with 1600 gold to save and/or spent on other stuff like skins etc. Of course it would not give you everything, but there is plenty of stuff in the game you simply don't need. And almost nobody plays all the classes anyway.

And this little calculation also strengthens my oppinion on pricing in TA: weapons/items/etc are just overpriced.
    Last edited by bonkers; 28-07-2012 at 04:28 PM.

Hey guys, just found the forum, super excited to start playing with you guys. Tribes name is Dasblackman!

Obscure Node
    Just thought I'd say hello here. Been reading RPS for a loong time, but just now made a forum account...
    Played some on the server yesterday. Tribes name is Walt. Not the most talkative (or is that writeative?) while playing, cause I figuratively can't walk and chew gum at the same time, but I try.

Hope to see you all on the server!

Hi new people. Don't forget to join the steam group! http://steamcommunity.com/groups/RPShazbot

For those who still want to enter the 5v5 tournament we are taking full and part time people(and even if you just want to help us practice). http://www.gameshrine.org/tribe-apply.php?id=153

I will set up a practice server for us tomorrow and hopefully we can get some practice time in. It should be fun and......interesting.

Oh, BTW, I used the image from the steam group for the gameshrine tribe. Is that OK? Who made it? Let me know if you don't want me using it, otherwise thanks!

edit: We will probably use the mumble channel or steam chat, not sure which. I prefer mumble.

I set up a secondary RPS server just to practice for the gameshrine 5v5. If anyone wants to come in and practice, please do so - but it is pathfinder only. Even if you aren't on the team, it always helps to have people to practice against too.

EU-Amsterdam
    name: RPS practice
    pass: shotgun

We are on mumble as well server.herosquad.org

Just running on feedback from what people were saying on the server:

Auto-ballance will be implemented. Sorry for not setting this as I presumed it would be on, however thinking about how most custom servers are set up its kind of obvious why its not set on. Will be done so asap.

The following 2 maps will possibly be rotated out by requests:
    Permafrost
    Stonehenge

While I loved playing Permafrost for a while it became blatant that the map needs more balancing. While its nice the gen is more important then just being a place for people to just faff about, the fact it seems nigh on essential atm is rather bad and stalemate turtling occurs in ways that no number of tactical or orbital strikes can solve.
    Stonehenge... its a classic map maybe, but something just feels a little wrong? Please give feedback on this. If enough people want it left in I'll leave it there.

Anyhow, thanks for turning up to all who did.

Stonehenge has been scaled down from the original tribes: this means it's like playing on a childrens' playground, slopes too steep and too deep. Also, SENs rule the pitch.

Excellent sessions tonight! Especially on the practise server, I have no doubt we'll go far judging by our stupid antics there :P

Lesser Hivemind Node deadly.by.design's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bonkers View Post
    So if you have the time and want to save money (or just have the best deal), get a 30 day booster or even a 90 day booster (which is currently on sale). Purely by this numbers with 1 hour playtime a day a 90 day booster would yield around one million xp. That should be enough to get amost everyhing you desire for 30 USD and would leave you with 1600 gold to save and/or spent on other stuff like skins etc. Of course it would not give you everything, but there is plenty of stuff in the game you simply don't need. And almost nobody plays all the classes anyway.
    I'm debating that, myself. My 90-day booster only has about 25 more days left, and my gold bank is around 1,700. I have most of the items and perks I'd want to unlock, minus maybe some kits or perks here and there. Not playing the Brute or getting weapons banned in comp also saves me some time. So, I'm not sure whether to jump on the 90-day boost at 1600g or just wait to daily deals. The downside of daily deals are the repeats, like you said, but also that items in bundles are not included (like throwing knives or twinfusors).

For the brave souls in our team, this video may be of help:

And this guide may be helpful too:
    http://www.tribalwar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=639266

Probably been posted before but whatever I don't play by the rules.

As I said, I'm in for light D or light O.

Now i am curious. What is the difference between a 5v5 route and a reguar route?

Network Hub
    5v5 routes are designed to be extremely fast to set up because you don't need to set up some ultra fast special route to avoid snipers.

The groups for the first stage of the tourney have been announced:

http://www.gameshrine.org/forum/inde...ic,3171.0.html

The glorious RPS crew are in Pool H.

Notably, we've got heartbreakerz to deal with, who got to the final of the big tourney a while back. Not sure about the other teams, but BB are a subteam of ClutchEU, who I've heard of in the past, so I assume they'll be challenging? Someone who knows more about all this feel free to tell me I'm an idiot :P