Page 55 of 59 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1170
    Network Hub
    Well basically everything I know about how to play LT I learned from watching Miri's videos, and he's the captain of Heartbreakerz. Never heard of the rest of them, but still, that's a bit unnerving.

Network Hub
    Heartbreakerz are a very, very, very, very good team. Only idk are better, and that's only sometimes. If you want to get a sense of team ranking, check out the 7vs7 ladder here: http://www.gameshrine.org/ladder-standings.php?id=3

Oh and ClutchEU is the team I'm on. BB is our 5v5 "A-team" of guys who are more serious about this tourney than Diskbait (the team I'm on).

Lesser Hivemind Node deadly.by.design's Avatar
    The Tribes community is pretty neat. Maybe I've just never paid attention to the comp scene of any of my other FPS endeavors, but it's fun to actually in the same games as some of the top-ranked players.
    Last edited by deadly.by.design; 30-07-2012 at 02:59 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Yay, my first time being called a hacker in TA!
    Playing defense soldier (spinfursor, thumper) in the Sunstar genroom with three or four INF coming in one by one all the time. Of course they never did anything wrong but I was still able to see them. Maybe simply not stand in the usual "herp-di-derp I stay here and then throw stickies at the gen because I am so smart" places? But most of them went silent after being told under which circumstances you decloak. For some strange reason people think a cloak is the "I win" button...

I got called a hacker a few days ago when i joined Ritashi's game. Allthough i did pretty well, i think it was just somebody who had not read about twinfusors yet because he complained about my lack of reloading. Still enjoyed it a lot. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by bonkers View Post
    Yay, my first time being called a hacker in TA!
    Playing defense soldier (spinfursor, thumper) in the Sunstar genroom with three or four INF coming in one by one all the time. Of course they never did anything wrong but I was still able to see them. Maybe simply not stand in the usual "herp-di-derp I stay here and then throw stickies at the gen because I am so smart" places? But most of them went silent after being told under which circumstances you decloak. For some strange reason people think a cloak is the "I win" button...
    Yeah, it's great when you get hits on INFs when they think they're invisibling. Notable times are sniper rifle shots lined up to where they *should* be after cloaking, and similar times with anything explosive.

Quote Originally Posted by evilbobthebob View Post
    Heartbreakerz are a very, very, very, very good team. Only idk are better, and that's only sometimes. If you want to get a sense of team ranking, check out the 7vs7 ladder here: http://www.gameshrine.org/ladder-standings.php?id=3

Oh and ClutchEU is the team I'm on. BB is our 5v5 "A-team" of guys who are more serious about this tourney than Diskbait (the team I'm on).
    Yeah, I watched some of the esl final between idk and heartbreakerz, and it was a really close game. Even assuming we can beat the other teams, I think heartbreakerz and BB will probably get the better of us :/ Damn, that's a difficult pool for us.
    Last edited by CWalker; 30-07-2012 at 05:08 PM.

I bought the Light Spinfusor and absolutely hate it. It might start collecting dust once I get its last upgrade...

Lesser Hivemind Node postinternetsyndrome's Avatar
    That's how it usually works isn't it? The top teams get seeded with the newbies for more interesting later brackets.

Quote Originally Posted by deadly.by.design View Post
    I bought the Light Spinfusor and absolutely hate it. It might start collecting dust once I get its last upgrade...
    Light Twinfusor? If so, yep that's the worst of the lot. The soldier's one and the Jug's Heavy TF are rather nice, but the light one is a bit naff IMO. Too lightweight to damage most foes, yet too deadly when trying to boost oneself along.

I've found the Dueling spinfusor to be pretty nice, in some ways I prefer it as a chaser to the bolt launcher - reasonable damage and splash with good boost (egocentric's really handy) as compared to great damage, small splash and poor-ish boost.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by postinternetsyndrome View Post
    That's how it usually works isn't it? The top teams get seeded with the newbies for more interesting later brackets.
    Ya, but BB wasn't actually seeded. Just a bit of shitty luck for us really, we've got a really tough group stage if we want to advance.
    Last edited by Ritashi; 30-07-2012 at 10:55 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Ladies, all raider thingies for 7 euros on steam. http://store.steampowered.com/app/17096

Btw, I so start to hate automatic weapons...
    Last edited by Bankrotas; 30-07-2012 at 10:53 PM.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!

Quote Originally Posted by Scumbag View Post
    Light Twinfusor? If so, yep that's the worst of the lot. The soldier's one and the Jug's Heavy TF are rather nice, but the light one is a bit naff IMO. Too lightweight to damage most foes, yet too deadly when trying to boost oneself along.
    I don't have it myself, but from my on-stand experience the cappers using this, while somewhat suffering in the dueling area, are beasts when it comes to clearing mines while going for the grab.

Other than that highly situational use (when's the last time anyone saw a stand not getting bombarded to crap 24/7?), I agree there's not much point to it, and it seems many other players do, too. Right after the update hit there were light twinfusors PTHs EVERYWHERE and now after only a few days I barely see any of them, if at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Bankrotas View Post
    Ladies, all raider thingies for 7 euros on steam. http://store.steampowered.com/app/17096

Btw, I so start to hate automatic weapons...
    I might have bought that if the bundle came with VIP status and some gold.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Still don't have it?
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    I might have bought that if the bundle came with VIP status and some gold.
    I'm pretty sure that any "real money" purchase gets you VIP status.

On the Twinfusor discussion... I guess I just don't see myself trading in my SLD rifle or JUG x1 to shoot discs instead. I tend to go AR/thumper, primary/x1/handfusor. So, despite its low damage output, the Light Twinfusor seemed like the one I might actually use from time to time.

I might pick up the SLD Twinfusor if I ever get into Arena or something, but not while CTF is my main squeeze.
    Last edited by deadly.by.design; 31-07-2012 at 03:13 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Would you recommend the Ghast Rifle? I fooled around a bit in training but I am unsure how it would perform in pub play. In general I shoot in small bursts so the higher damage per bullet might still come in handy as I reload frequently.

Quote Originally Posted by Bankrotas View Post
    Still don't have it?
    You don't really need it to have fun with the game. Just be mindful about your purchases and you've got a lot of options.

Quote Originally Posted by bonkers View Post
    Would you recommend the Ghast Rifle? I fooled around a bit in training but I am unsure how it would perform in pub play. In general I shoot in small bursts so the higher damage per bullet might still come in handy as I reload frequently.
    Absolutely, for me the alternate Thumper and SMG for the soldier are just flat upgrades. Coupled with the short fuse 'nades it makes a great combo, I've been happily beating Raiders and even the occasional LMG Jug.