Page 2 of 59 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    ..Shazbot!
    The ting say there be bad guys, I hope it right.

Does anyone know what the key is to get off/exit a vehicle? I swear, I can't find the key binding for it anywhere!

Thanks
    Last edited by Sarlix; 03-03-2012 at 01:33 AM.

@Sarlix: I believe it's G, or whatever is bound to interact.

Thanks, I will give it a go. I've been wanting to try a flag capture by jumping of a Grav cycle. Saw it done the other day..very cool.

Is it just me, or are cappers, chasers, and HoFs in short supply in pub games? I play light defense soldier myself, and those are the roles that I usually find lacking on my team.

Being new to Tribes, I have to ask: what does HoF mean?

Sidenote: Also, what is it with gaming communities and ridiculous, impenetrable acronyms?
    Guild Wars 2: Infiltrator Dan / Cutthroat Dan / Vile Dan / Fervent Dan

Quote Originally Posted by dan. View Post
    Being new to Tribes, I have to ask: what does HoF mean?Sidenote: Also, what is it with gaming communities and ridiculous, impenetrable acronyms?
    Heavy on Flag. Basically a heavy class whose only job it is to stand on the flag, shoot incoming cappers, and if possible, block them physically (usually with super heavy perk, i think).

Quote Originally Posted by Miker View Post
    Heavy on Flag. Basically a heavy class whose only job it is to stand on the flag, shoot incoming cappers, and if possible, block them physically (usually with super heavy perk, i think).
    Preferably a Doombringer who can deploy a shield in front of you at the last second when you're flying toward the flag at 200kph.
    I occasionally write things on this website. You can read these things by clicking this thing:
    www.teamsao.com

Like a bug on a windshield...

I've not played enough of Ascend to get any of the neat classes, but I tend to break into the enemy base as a Soldier, take down their Genny, then resist all attempts for it be repaired. I'd like to think of myself as a capture enabler.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Innocent View Post
    You, sir, are awesome.
    I spew words about Videogames, SEO and general geekery at Jaketucker.com

The HoF is basically the goalkeeper of Tribes. Best used with the Super Heavy Perk.
    to wound the autumnal city.

Activated Node
    Goalkeeper's a really good analogy, actually.

Doesn't make me hate the bastards any less when there's three of them, all with shields, backed up by a small army of Techs with their turrets, though.

I know as an Infiltrator/Pathfinder they're my natural foil and all, but I think those turrets need their rate of fire or damage, or maybe line of sight cutting right now. When you have a couple next to each other they cover their blindspots so efficiently its practically impossible to take one down without the other finishing you off. Frustrating when you're speciality's supposed to be disabling base defenses.

Quote Originally Posted by Miker View Post
    I suppose that's true. I'm still expecting it to be two months or more until it's final. I do think that they should tweak the credits and accolades, though. I think flag grab, flag defense, high-speed grab and other things should be worth much more than they are now, while kill credits could probably be toned down a bit.

In other news, I found this amazing video of juggernaut play from r/tribes on reddit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMgc7adcS_c
    Ohhh nice, i did not know Badding was uploading videos. I played against him a few times. This guy is way too good as Jugger, you can basically just give up on defending your flag unless you can co-ordinate an attack on him
    I did kill him in 1v1 a few times though, after i suicided into him countless lives that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Kemuel View Post
    Goalkeeper's a really good analogy, actually.

Doesn't make me hate the bastards any less when there's three of them, all with shields, backed up by a small army of Techs with their turrets, though.

I know as an Infiltrator/Pathfinder they're my natural foil and all, but I think those turrets need their rate of fire or damage, or maybe line of sight cutting right now. When you have a couple next to each other they cover their blindspots so efficiently its practically impossible to take one down without the other finishing you off. Frustrating when you're speciality's supposed to be disabling base defenses.
    If the enemys have too many techs cuddling, Raider with Jammer pack can wreak havoc. Of course that requires expensive unlocks, so as a non-unlock idea, snipe them with pathfinders or juggernauts spinfusors. Spinfusors can be shot scooped and have a massive range. Of course soldiers and brutes spinfusors work great as well, maybe even better, but those are unlocks again

Quote Originally Posted by DeVadder View Post
    If the enemys have too many techs cuddling, Raider with Jammer pack can wreak havoc. Of course that requires expensive unlocks, so as a non-unlock idea, snipe them with pathfinders or juggernauts spinfusors. Spinfusors can be shot scooped and have a massive range. Of course soldiers and brutes spinfusors work great as well, maybe even better, but those are unlocks again
    Theres always just a good old Tactical Strike if you've got the credits :P
    I occasionally write things on this website. You can read these things by clicking this thing:
    www.teamsao.com

The problem is that the reach perk completely negates the HoF. I hope they nerf or better completely remove it soon.

Network Hub
    I'm really pleased to see there's so much interest in tribes over here on RPS, I'll gladly join the next time we get a game going together (if indeed that's possible with the current state of the friend/server joining system)

Quote Originally Posted by Coccyx View Post
    I'm really pleased to see there's so much interest in tribes over here on RPS, I'll gladly join the next time we get a game going together (if indeed that's possible with the current state of the friend/server joining system)
    I'll chime in and add that I find it frustrating that you can't even message friends in-game, nor is there any notification that a friend has joined your game. I would have thought the friends system is something that would be a little bit more full-featured by now.

Just played a game and we had 6, (six!) Techs guarding our generator room. Needless to say we didn't do much flag capturing.

Tell me - is rolling a Juggernaut and endlessly volleying grenade rounds down onto the enemy base from great heights a legitimate strategy? Or is this akin to camping in a game of CS? It's just that it feels so right...yet it feels so wrong.

Activated Node
    More than four techs in one place is a headache on almost any map just because taking out that many turrets while all the other turrets are simultaneously shooting you is next to impossible. Definitely should score some points or get a kill credit or something for taking those little bastards out.

I'd say raining hell down on the base is cool. Just don't let me catch you standing next to an ammo station in the basement and constantly blindfiring at the doorways. Two Juggernauts doing that can seal off most gen rooms with next to no way of getting in. If they have even a single tech turret supporting them then its even worse, as it'll stop Infiltrators from recloaking if they decide to take a shot.

For the record, I'd also like to register a vote for Rock Paper Shazbot and make sure all credit goes to the guy who called it first back in my other thread.

How about we make the RPS Steam group Rock, Paper, Shazbot and keep the name of this thread Rock, Paper, Spinfusor?

Since juggernauts have no means of aiming besides good old trial and error, it's hardly cheesy. Not to mention that you will be constantly murdered by pathfinders with their ridiculous bolters.