Page 46 of 59 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast
    Lesser Hivemind Node deadly.by.design's Avatar
    I wish it were possible to gift gold. That would probably lead to armies of smurf accounts, though.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by deadly.by.design View Post
    I wish it were possible to gift gold. That would probably lead to armies of smurf accounts, though.
    Those smurf accounts would remain smurfs for what? All of 3 days if the person plays for maybe 2 hours a day? Considering that "matchmaking" doesn't exist past level 10 I don't think it would really matter. Unless of course you're meaning that people would exploit the facebook gold thing that way, in which case they could limit the gold transfer until after X amount of time has been played by both accounts, to X amount of gold per day/week/month, or something along those lines.

The problem with the contributing is that only the person paying for the server/buying the gold is getting the VIP status. This is what keeps me from contributing a second time, sorry guys.

I believe we are covered.

Quote Originally Posted by unruly View Post
    Those smurf accounts would remain smurfs for what? All of 3 days if the person plays for maybe 2 hours a day? Considering that "matchmaking" doesn't exist past level 10 I don't think it would really matter. Unless of course you're meaning that people would exploit the facebook gold thing that way, in which case they could limit the gold transfer until after X amount of time has been played by both accounts, to X amount of gold per day/week/month, or something along those lines.
    Yeah -- I just mean that people would create as many accounts as they can, based on having fake e-mail accounts to link them to. So, create 5 fake accounts, make 1250 gold, etc.

People keep posting gold scratch-off card links on the Tribes subreddit, but I never get to them in time. Oh well.

The upcoming patch looks (mostly!) good, too. I'll post a link when our connection here at work stops being weird. It was out this morning, and now that we've cycled the modem, router & switch, it's only allowing access to some sites. Not all. So, for example, I can come here and post, but can't check the tribes subreddit to get the patch sneak peak notes.
    Last edited by deadly.by.design; 18-07-2012 at 03:05 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    Cheers chaps for pointing out the training mode for testing new weapons, I wasn't aware of that before.

I think I've had skins on offer twice as much as any actual weapons on the daily deals, currently an infiltrator skin for a whopping 25% off. I've only seen one nice daily in the 3 or so weeks I've been playing :/

Anyways, do we have a linky to new patch details. I tried a brief look around the interwebs and couldn't find them.

Quote Originally Posted by apricotsoup View Post
    I think I've had skins on offer twice as much as any actual weapons on the daily deals, currently an infiltrator skin for a whopping 25% off. I've only seen one nice daily in the 3 or so weeks I've been playing :/
    Yeah, deals seem to go like that. Useless stuff for a while, or skins, and then a real gem every once in a while. Also, as much as I dislike skins personally, I see the value in them. They give HiRez profit when players already have the equipment they need/want. That keeps T:A rolling, and the items aren't unbalancing anything, so it's fine by me.

Anyways, do we have a linky to new patch details. I tried a brief look around the interwebs and couldn't find them.
    Connection's working now... HiRezStew says we already have this:
    Changes were put in place this morning to match-making that increase the likelihood that you will be playing with other players around your level (especially in CTF).
    A sneak peek at the upcoming patch features, though not final notes (with my emphasis on things that make me especially happy or sad):
    http://forum.hirezstudios.com/phpbb/...d44fe5fe037308

Major Highlights

Three new weapons added: The Pathfinder’s Light Twinfusor, the Soldier’s Twinfusor and Juggernaut’s Heavy Twinfusor.

A new gametype, CTF Blitz, will be introduced for a limited time as a Special Event. In Blitz, the enemy flag base moves location each time your team scores, changing routes and requiring varied tactics to win. CTF Blitz is initially played on:
    Arx Novena
    Katabatic

Stonehenge has been added to the standard CTF map rotation.

A new CTF Map, Permafrost, has been added to the standard map rotation.

A new CTF Map, Dangerous Crossing, has been added to custom servers.

New Players joining the queue (under rank 6) will now play a smaller subset of maps more friendly
    to learning the game. All maps will rotate for players rank 6 and over.

Players may now create a party of their friends before joining the Quick Match queues (Limit 4). You may still use the Join Friends functionality to join a player in a match in progress.

Access through the popout tab on the Play Now option.

The Leader may send invites to friends and others by name.

Members can chat together in and out of game, and are notified when the Leader joins or leaves a queue.

Members are removed from the party automatically if they leave the queue or game.

Three new skins have been added:
    Pathfinder Freerunner
    Brute Crusher
    Sentinel Specter

Voicepacks are now available to purchase. Three are available, two female and one male.
    Players may now add a Clan Tag in front of their player name. Tags may be purchased under the Store menu.

Some changes have been made to the underlying system for putting players into matches, and for matching players of similar levels.

Additional load out slots have been added.

News Items now display in the main game lobby as a ticker at the bottom of the screen.

Weapon/Balance Items

Three new weapons have been added: The Pathfinder’s Light Twinfusor, the Soldier’s Twinfusor and Juggernaut’s Heavy Twinfusor.

Increased self-knockback (“disk-jumping” or “rocket-jumping”) on all explosive projectile weapons by 20%.

Increased projectile collision size on all Spinfusors, Bolt Launchers, and Thumpers to 10 (as a reference, Plasma Guns are 35). This will make mid-airs and direct hits more forgiving.

Decreased the extra delay between bursts on Pathfinder’s LAR from 0.16s to 0.072s.

Increased damage by 8% on Doombringer’s Titan Launcher.

Increased radius on each explosion sequence of Brute’s Gladiator.

Increased damage 33% on final explosion sequence of Brute’s Gladiator.

Decreased starting AOE range on Brute’s Fractal Grenade and Extended Fractal by 10%.

Decreased damage on Brute’s Fractal Grenade and Extended Fractal by 10%.

Reduced duration of Brute’s Fractal Grenade and Extended Fractal by 1s.

Reduced damage on Infiltrator’s Jackal so it can no longer 1 shot an upgraded medium from
    stealth. This is a 16% reduction.

Reduced knockback on Infiltrator’s Jackal by half for each explosion.

Increased starting ammo counts on Infiltrator’s Smoke Grenade and Prism Mine from 1 to 2.

Infiltrator now starts with all belt options having an ammo count of 2.

Reduced knockback from Pathfinder’s Impact Nitron and Compact Nitron’s by 23% to be more in line with the amount of damage being done, and to favor using the increased values on spinfusors
    and other projectile weapons.

Reduced knockback from Raider’s White Out grenade, Grenade Launcher, Arx Buster and Dust
    Devil to be more appropriate for the number of shots and amount of damage being done.

Reduced reload time on Doombringer’s Titan Launcher from 1.8 to 1.7.

Reduced reload time on Doombringer’s Heavy Bolt Launcher from 1.8 to 1.7.

Increased damage on Soldier's Proximity Grenade by 16%.

Reduced damage 4% on Doombringer's Chain Cannon.

Reduced damage 5% on Doombringer's Chaingun.

Reduced starting ammo from 280 to 200 and upgrades from 50 to 25 ammo (each) on
    Doombringer’s Chaingun and Chain Cannon.

Reduced damage 5% on Technician’s Rockwind SMG.

Increased damage 14% on Doombringer's Defective Frag Grenade.

Increased damage 13% on Doombringer’s Frag Grenade.

The Close Combat perk’s backstab bonus has been increased to double damage, and is now the first unlock for the perk.

The Looter Perk has been increased to provide a base 50% ammo bonus, and upgrades to 100%.

The Sonic Punch Perk has had its shockwave distance increased by 23%.

The Stealthy Perk now reduces base sensor detection by 50%, upgraded to 90%, and the upgrade for turret targeting delay has been increased to 30%.

The Safefall perk now starts at 50% falling and splat damage reduction, and is upgraded to immunity from all falling and splat damage. In addition, its final unlock has been increased from 80% vehicle run over damage reduction to immunity from vehicle run over damage.

Additional Items
    Fixed an issue where mines could be indestructible by AOE blasts if placed in certain places in various maps.
    Flag model no longer shows in first-person spectate mode.
    Spectators can now zoom in and out when viewing a vehicle.
    Fixed an issue where the camera could look strange if spectating in first-person mode and the view target entered a vehicle.
    Fixed an exploit where the Pathfinder’s Thrust Pack could have unlimited thrust energy.
    Fixed an issue where shotguns would only reload one ammo when performing an inactive reload.
    Fixed an issue where the sound on the Pathfinder’s Light Assault Rifle would cut out when firing repeatedly.
    Fixed an issue where guns that deal multiple damage per shot, such as shotguns, properly display damage numbers when shooting objectives and vehicles. Before the fix, the numbers would draw on top of each other making it seem like there was only a single instance of damage.
    In the VGS menu, the labels for “Turrets” and “Sensors” were swapped under the upgrade commands.
    Fixed an issue where the detection radius of a Base Radar Sensor was not increasing as it upgrades.
    Base XP is now earned on Custom Servers at all times. “Performance XP” is earned once 6 people join the server.
    Several other miscellaneous bug fixes.
    Honestly, I find most of the changes to be a net positive. The only ones I'm down on are the chaingun nerfs. Boo...but I guess they want HoFs calling in more inv stations. Or maybe they want them taking Looter instead of having 4 mines with Safety Third.

Otherwise, PTHs that want splat protection against Super Heavy DMBs will need to take SafeFall instead of Reach, thus making it harder to grab. That should balance out the fact that disc bounce/impulse was buffed. I think they want people disc-jumping instead of relying on nitrons. They should rename SafeFall to Safety First, though--that would be funny. Looter needed the ammo buff to be worthwhile. Sonic punch being 2x damage will be interesting...no opinion yet. Yay for LAR fix, reduced fractals and jackal nerfs. All good things.

Those are just the pub opinions of a rank 23, though. I'm sure someone like bob can chime in with a competitive/pug scene's outlook.
    Last edited by deadly.by.design; 18-07-2012 at 05:23 PM.

Wow, that new safefall sounds powerfull.
    Shrike runover immunity and no damage from rock bounces. Pretty good capper perk now.

Network Hub
    Well, my team is quite pleased with most of the changes. The nitron nerf is a nerf to chasing though. Even with the disk jump buff the speed gains won't be enough and cappers still have enough time to gain speed on their routes that it doesn't affect them.

I am personally most interested in the new maps.

Network Hub
    I'm not too worried about the ammo capacity nerf for the Doombringer, with a bit of discipline it's easy enough to avoid running low on ammo and it is a good incentive to actually call-in inventory stations. Not sure whether the damage nerf will make any real impact, or indeed what the intention was behind it, but meh.

It's also nice to see the fractals getting nerfed a bit, although I still think a straight damage nerf isn't what's really needed, they need a way to discourage people from spamming them so much. Although I suppose nerfing their damage and duration might make people consider switching back to the the light stickies and actually focus on taking out the generator. The buffs to the damage and radius of the Gladiator are welcome, I always thought it was an interesting weapon but sadly my experience with it has been that it's simply not as good as the Heavy Spinfusor/Devastator.

Not sure what I think about increasing the projectile hitboxes, I guess they're trying to make pub players try for airshots a bit more which could be a positive thing, I guess we'll have to wait and see how much easier it makes things. I'm no Pathfinder but there's some significant changes there with knockback and perks, seems like it could change things quite a bit.

It appears that the matchmaking tweak was server-side, because it was in effect in my morning games. I entered a 3v3, and now I know why. It eventually filled up to a delightful 10v10, give or take. We enjoyed two whole maps devoid of fractal spammers and llamas. So far, so good, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by evilbobthebob View Post
    Well, my team is quite pleased with most of the changes. The nitron nerf is a nerf to chasing though. Even with the disk jump buff the speed gains won't be enough and cappers still have enough time to gain speed on their routes that it doesn't affect them.
    Didn't think about the cappers. Hmm. Maybe HR thinks they'll not whine too much in light of the LAR fix.

I am personally most interested in the new maps.
    Definitely. I'll be glad to see two more immediately added to the rotation, along with one on the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistabashi View Post
    I'm not too worried about the ammo capacity nerf for the Doombringer, with a bit of discipline it's easy enough to avoid running low on ammo and it is a good incentive to actually call-in inventory stations. Not sure whether the damage nerf will make any real impact, or indeed what the intention was behind it, but meh.
    I think using the upgraded Looter will actually be an upgrade for the HoF, as long as you can live without that 4th mine. More max ammo, more pickups, double mines from ammo nuggets. Works for me -- I'll stop using Safety Third.

It's also nice to see the fractals getting nerfed a bit, although I still think a straight damage nerf isn't what's really needed, they need a way to discourage people from spamming them so much. Although I suppose nerfing their damage and duration might make people consider switching back to the the light stickies and actually focus on taking out the generator.
    YES! Hopefully.

Not sure what I think about increasing the projectile hitboxes, I guess they're trying to make pub players try for airshots a bit more which could be a positive thing, I guess we'll have to wait and see how much easier it makes things. I'm no Pathfinder but there's some significant changes there with knockback and perks, seems like it could change things quite a bit.
    I guess we'll have to wait and find out. It's only recently that I switched my PTH primary build back from the bolt launcher to the dueling 'fusor.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Considering I play the doombringer more than any other class, I like the changes. I use the titan a surprising amount for catching cappers who are flying too high, and I use the heavy bolt launcher as my alt rather than the chaingun as HoF now - it's scoring me a lot more kills and generally ruining incoming pathfinders as a combination (start with the titan to spot them incoming, line them up, switch to heavy bolt, take 5 steps back, then shoot the flag as they arrive - one dead PTH). The chaingun nerfs therefore don't affect me too much.

Looking at the other changes, things that always seemed to kill me a bit quicker than I'd have liked seem to have been nerfed, and things I didn't like taking because they didn't do too much damage have been buffed, so I'm giving it a cautious thumbs up? All the perks they've buffed are things I would never have considered before, so they needed *something* to make them more worthwhile to me, at least. The safefall thing is the greatest worry for me - immunity to vehicle strikes will make taking down an expert capper that much harder, I liked the balance of having to have a shrike to take down a capper and then counter of using a DMB (that's me!) to take down/scare off the shrike.
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

I for one am excited for the new CTF blitz!

I was hoping for more crap to buy with XP, as I have saved up a ton. I guess the twinfusers will do for now.

The only thing I don't really like is the debuff to nitrons although they may have made up for it with the disc jump buff. The problem is when using lightweight a disc jump really cripples you(and you can only do one) as a pth.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Overall a nice patch. One thing I would like to see adressed are the amount of grenades someone can carry. Very often it seems to be too easy, exspecially for INF and BRT to just spam them and get their kills. CTF Bltz also sounds pretty awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by bonkers View Post
    Overall a nice patch. One thing I would like to see adressed are the amount of grenades someone can carry. Very often it seems to be too easy, exspecially for INF and BRT to just spam them and get their kills.
    I think grenade amounts are okay, though I'm also hoping that the fractal nerf puts them out of favor. Taking 'nades away from the INF would make killing a mk4 generator pretty difficult.

CTF Bltz also sounds pretty awesome.
    Agreed. Now we just need them to change the flag into an American Football.

Ok, with the servers changing hands for next week I'm gonna be shifting Wednesday game types week in week out, meaning it will most likely be Arena, then C&H, Arena, C&H etc... I could throw a rabbit game in there every-so-oftan if people wish (mainly on XP weekends as a mid-day thing maybe).

Regarding the Arena and C&H nights are there any maps people would prefer not to be there? Since Sunstar is rotated out of the CTF matches I imagine there will be a couple of things like the Air Arena in Arena and Outskirts in C&H that are not liked too much.

There is one more possible announcement to be made on the server, but I have to speak with the other admins and a couple of other folks. TO BE CONTINUED!

Obscure Node
    Sorry to see you were having connection issues tonight, you still managed to be quite a threat with that thumper of yours. As much as I hate falling off air arena it's a fun challenge, I just wish I wasn't loosing spawns for my team. Also what on earth are twinfusors?

As this is my first post I'd also like to thank all those who make these rps games possible through cash or administration.

Well, the new matchmaking system just set up two very fun CTF games in a row. The first in particular felt better than most games, so it's looking good for now.

Twinfusor sounds... wrong somehow. Still, any patch that nerf's the cursed jackal and fractals must be doing it right. Be interested to see the pricing on the voice packs, they could be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by BungPiece View Post
    Sorry to see you were having connection issues tonight, you still managed to be quite a threat with that thumper of yours. As much as I hate falling off air arena it's a fun challenge, I just wish I wasn't loosing spawns for my team. Also what on earth are twinfusors?

As this is my first post I'd also like to thank all those who make these rps games possible through cash or administration.
    I was actually kinda lucky in most instances. One time I fired a shot in a totally wrong spot at you before dropping a couple of feet and watching the shell suddenly appear above my head and the lag quite nicely plonking you right in its path for a dead on hit.
    Good to see more on the forums through

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Having got on a couple of pub matches last night, the matchmaking has improved markedly, much better matches are occurring with the tighter level limits. The only downside is occasionally going from 16 a side to 4/5 in between rounds? Bit odd, that, and slightly spoiled a great run on flag defence for me (doombringer not so useful in 5 on 5).
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!