Page 49 of 59 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    I don't mind the shrikes, to be honest, I always feel its the moment where a DMB is going to have to get on his bike and start scaring them off and you could do with someone switching class so you've got 2 in the field. I've taken down multiples in one match with relative ease, and points spent on shrikes is points not being spent elsewhere.

I don't mind tacticals/orbitals too much either. They're reasonably expensive, and annoyingly good at clearing out flagstand defences, but any HOF worth his salt is a already carrying an extra defence to put back in place immediately afterwards and knows to jump out of the way when the blast comes. It does mean a free path for the PTH coming through at the point of impact, of course, if they time it well, but I've rarely seen it done that effectively. It can break a stalemate where all 16 players are camping on their own flag.

The jackal is annoying, and kills me occasionally on the flag when they just walk up behind me and kill me instantly. The counter is, of course, a friendly SEN willing to put his defences in place (the jammer, particularly) before running off to the hills. Doesn't happen as often as you'd like :-).

I guess I'm saying there's a counter to all of these strategies, although the one hardest to counter is the tac strikes ( a sniper looking out for the beam is about the best you'll get)? I wouldn't mind if they were more expensive, I hardly ever use them, and even when I do, it's on assault to hit the enemy flag just as they try to capture (current success rate: 3% ;-D)
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

Quote Originally Posted by Scumbag View Post
    Orbitals / Tactical being VERY expensive / banned. These things are a real bone of contention with players and I've been wondering if it would be wise to limit their use on the RPS server? Rather then out-rightly banning their use I thought about raising their price so much that if you want to use one then you bloody well better have earn it! Tactical at 10k and orbitals at 25k?
    I'd agree on making them expensive.But making an orbital cost 25k would basically ban it, because on the smaller scale battles on the RPS server I don't think many ppl reach 25k credits especially without upgrading anything / using inv stations.

Ah yes, I agree on the jackal ban.
    CWalker00> SKYDANCER YOU UTTER BOLLOCKS

I hate the Jackal as much as anyone (haven't even unlocked the Inf, it's time Tech's stood up against this oppression) but I think it's going to be nerfed in this week's patch - if it is possible to ban single weapons I suggest waiting to see if the nerf improves matters first.

Lesser Hivemind Node deadly.by.design's Avatar
    Not that I've been on the server much, but I agree with NieA7. If the Jackal takes the hit that it's expected to, I see less of an issue with it.

Minor rule: It is only correct to VGB if you fall off the Air Arena

EDIT: I've changed the prices on the Tactical and Orbital to 8000 and 16000 respectively, but also changed the cooldown time to 45 seconds as well. I know its not going to change THAT much, but lets see.
    Indeed I cant change weapon limits or who can spawn with what, and I'm not going to out-rightly ban Infs as it would be a dick move considering. In arenas I may however change the Raider limits around. Any such objections or support welcome to see if I'm playing crazy dictator with too much power.

EDIT 2: I have also changed the limits regarding bikes for shits and giggles for the C&H game. Now theoretically EVERYONE on each side can have a bike each. Wont keep this on all the time, but hell it may be fun.
    Last edited by Scumbag; 23-07-2012 at 11:41 PM.

We need a bike race.
    CWalker00> SKYDANCER YOU UTTER BOLLOCKS

Thanks! Those rules sound great. Is it set to CTF now?

Jackal sucks in the right hands, but is it ever really a problem on the server? And lets see with the patch(I hope it is soon).

Bikes could be a lot of fun. I think I will be able to make most events for the next few weeks, so I am really looking forward to C&H. Are you setting the point limits up higher for some of the maps(for epic scores?). Do you think we can get enough people?

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Scumbag View Post
    EDIT: I've changed the prices on the Tactical and Orbital to 8000 and 16000 respectively, but also changed the cooldown time to 45 seconds as well. I know its not going to change THAT much, but lets see.
    Indeed I cant change weapon limits or who can spawn with what, and I'm not going to out-rightly ban Infs as it would be a dick move considering. In arenas I may however change the Raider limits around. Any such objections or support welcome to see if I'm playing crazy dictator with too much power.
    I don't remember having any problems with Raiders in any of our rps arena nights. In fact I don't remember ever seeing a raider in our rps arena nights.

Map type is CTF right now but its going to change round tomorrow evening for the C&H game.

The Raider issue pops up every few nights. Its not major but I try to keep a small tab on the headcount when certain people join or leave. For most raiders who join there may be one who leaves from the other team due to it, and I've seen a grumble or two regarding it. Its not major in a way, but just trying to see what people want doing in regards to the game.
    It also has nothing to do with me constantly dieing to Plasma users in the Arena. None at all!

Network Hub
    In case you need more incentive for the 5v5 tournament, the prizes are:
    Prizes (sponsored by HiRez)
    500 Gold per player per win in Elimination Phase
    Additionally, there will be 3-day XP boosters for ANY Newblood participating in the tourney, upgradable to 10-day XP booster by winning a match.
    Furthermore, if we get enough Newblood participants, there will be a seperate Newblood bracket with TBA prizes!
    For reference, there are group stages and then the elimination stage.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    My availability is poor (and my skills aren't much better!) but I'd be up for the 5v5 tourney if the schedule was workable?

/Edit - Also also, do we have a list of everyone's in-game names anywhere? I've got a few of you on my friends list, but might be easier to know when people are about if i had a few more. I, obviously, am groovychainsaw in the game ;-)
    Last edited by groovychainsaw; 24-07-2012 at 04:18 PM.
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

You can always ask people to change, then kick them if they don't. I don't think you should ban raiders outright in arena though - I use a raider at the end of the match when there is one guy running around as inf hidden sometimes.

To continue what bob said - the games in the group phase are whenever we arrange with the other teams to play and the elim. games are on sundays. So.... Anyone else want to join? Pretty please?

Anyone interested add me on steam and we can try to figure out when we can all practice and sign up.
    Last edited by AuralViolations; 24-07-2012 at 04:23 PM.

I'm a pretty poor pathfinder at the best of times and I prefer larger games, but if you can't get anyone else before the deadline ding me on steam and I'll see what I can do. I've got the chasing stuff maxed out (dueling 'fusor, LAR, rage), but it's not like I ever catch anyone :\

*edit* My rank's 31 BTW, which might bugger up the newbloods thing.
    Last edited by NieA7; 24-07-2012 at 04:50 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node deadly.by.design's Avatar
    I'm interested in the Newbloods thing, but have no guarantees of availability. Games are Sundays, you said? Whenever we organize? I'm usually busy until at least 2pm EDT, but might be able to work something out. Hmmm. No guarantees, though.

If we have ample people, it is OK if some of us can't make it to every game. We can have a bunch of people on the roster to make sure we have enough, and if need be we are allowed to play with 4. I can probably make every game.

We won't make it as a newbloods team as most of us are above 20(unless we get a bunch of level 6s to join us to even it out), so forget about that.

It will be fun, we can practice when we have time and do the best we can. If we lose, who cares it will be fun.

So far I have:

AuralViolations (29) full avail.
    Skydancer (20) mostly avail.
    CWalker00 (17) unknown avail.
    Poppis86 (28) part avail.
    groovychainsaw (?) interested(lets move this to a yes)
    NieA7 (31) maybe
    deadly.by.design (24? 25?) interested(this will be a yes as well).

Everyone needs to register here: http://www.gameshrine.org/forum/inde...ction=register

We should still try to get maybe 2 or 3 more to be on the safe side in case of scheduling issues.

When would be a good practice time(s) for people?

oh and for everyone(participating and not) update the spreadsheet with your availability here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...XR1anJGNEZoT0E
    Last edited by AuralViolations; 24-07-2012 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by groovychainsaw View Post
    /Edit - Also also, do we have a list of everyone's in-game names anywhere? I've got a few of you on my friends list, but might be easier to know when people are about if i had a few more. I, obviously, am groovychainsaw in the game ;-)

On the steam page there is a list, I don't know if it is up to date and a lot of people on it don't play that often anymore.

Registered and updated the spreadsheet. I'm pretty much always free Monday evenings, other evenings depend on when I've got Blood Bowl matches to fit in or just general nights off from all this oppressive gaming

Right now there is an article on the main RPS site talking about how TA is bigger then Jesus. I would post a link to this thread / infos on the community server / info relating to this newbloods thing but I cant post on the blog pages for reasons I have no idea about.
    Someone be nice and post something up there?

EDIT: DEVADDER STRIKES WHILE HOT! Cheers dude
    Last edited by Scumbag; 24-07-2012 at 09:13 PM.

Network Hub
    It's sad that so many of the comments consist of "RAAGGGEEEE PAY2WIN HOW CAN YOU SAY THIS GAME IS GOOD" when, for example, the default SLD loadout (plus a couple of perks, sure) is one of the best in the game.

Also, new patch video! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URjuA4XGBnc
    Last edited by evilbobthebob; 24-07-2012 at 09:48 PM.