Page 51 of 59 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1170
    Lesser Hivemind Node deadly.by.design's Avatar
    After replying to HiRez support with the requested questions answered, logs & screenshots attached, this is my first recommendation for my issue of warping/ping-spikes, etc:

Try updating your graphics driver as a first step. It looks like it is from February, and while not ancient could use an upgrade.

o_@

Hihi, just played my first session of this gleeful game. In one game I had 2 caps, as a Juggernaut yeah!, and I'm surprised by the exhilaration it brings. So I instantly bought a starter pack, shame I missed it in the summer sales...

So I was wondering what the deal is with the RPS-server? Are there set times when it becomes populated? All I've seen is a total lack of people I'd sure like to play some games with you healthy bunch!

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Car to Pol View Post
    So I was wondering what the deal is with the RPS-server? Are there set times when it becomes populated? All I've seen is a total lack of people I'd sure like to play some games with you healthy bunch!
    It's pretty much empty except for the events. Join the Steam group, all the events are there.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppis View Post
    It's pretty much empty except for the events. Join the Steam group, all the events are there.
    Add some of us in-game as well so you can quick join us.

Due to the SHOCKING behavior of the new patch I've rescheduled the C&H game to Friday and tonight will be a CTF Shabottery night with a focus on the two new maps (and maybe some Stonehenge for the hell of it?).

Also I've just taken a look through the various pages in the social section of the forum and it appears this thread is one of the most bloated and overlong of all (excluding some notable "event" threads). As I keep wanting to make polls and stuff (some people prefer to just click things and be done with it as opposed to being forced to talk) I may make a request to the hivemind to have our own TA section so we can possibly have threads relating to events etc... making certain subjects easier to find without interspersing certain discussions between a number of different posts. Good idea, bad idea?

Good idea.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Ugh, joined the group, but really, adding everyone on a friend list?
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!

Ah, you dont have to add EVERYONE on steam (just noticed you added me), but names in game can be convenient.

Should note I've just been playing about with the Twinfusors in the target practice, plus I've just got a boatload of gold from the funding of the server and I'm tempted to buy, but... I don't know if I'm over reacting, but they seem really powerful due to the speed they can be fired. Admittedly you will need to be a good shot to land both in secession in a mid air but I can see more BPS coming as a result. Just hope it wont invalidate regular Spinfusors.

Also, no love for the Brute
    Last edited by Scumbag; 25-07-2012 at 06:21 PM.

Obscure Node
    Hey all, I started playing about a week ago, mostly playing as Raider currently as I love blowing up the gen. Haven't unlocked anything on raider yet except the base stuff, but I think I'm getting the hang of the game (level 6 now). I'll join up the group when I get home later.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Bankrotas View Post
    Hehe, no need to add everyone.=) Majority of the people don't even come to the events regularly.

Edit: And only ingame names, no need to add steam accs(imo).

I've been playing with the pth and sld twinfusers all morning(well, in between crashing) and I like them although I am definitely a lot better with dueling and regular spinfusers. It is hard to land both shots but rewarding when your first shot knocks the enemy into the second shot for a BP. The impulse is lacking too. I am going to give them a shot in arena now before switching back to the new maps.

As for adding people in game, I would suggest starting with the people that are more active. Look around the last few pages I suppose.

great idea on a sub forum!

edit: easy way to get a bunch of people added is just click the + in the RPS matches tonight.
    Last edited by AuralViolations; 25-07-2012 at 06:40 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    I feel they might, if you have enough in you to know, where enemy will bounce off after first hit, but due to ammo burning, I would consider making both alternatives.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!

Oh patch is out - neat. Gonna try stuff later!
    CWalker00> SKYDANCER YOU UTTER BOLLOCKS

Quote Originally Posted by Bankrotas View Post
    I've only added a handful of people, so don't feel obligated to get everyone's name.

I've been playing with the soldier spinfusor. It's... interesting. It does much less damage than the regular (525 direct, 375 splash) but its real strength seems to lie in disrupting the flow of a duel. After a while you get a feel for the safe gaps as the other payer's reloading, but with the dual fusor you can fire twice in quick succession or space it out to a shot and a half. You really need to hit regularly given the low damage, but being able to dictate the rhythm feels pretty powerful. Trouble is I'm no damn good at it yet.

Oddly it feels like it makes the eagle pistol much more viable - doing so little splash damage makes it worthwhile switching to the pistol earlier than you might otherwise, feels like a better combo than the regular fusor and pistol.

I cracked and bought them and... the soldier's one is actually quite good. Not really OP as the splash on it is rather weak and would consider it a definite alternative to the Spinfusor as Gast's Rifle is to the regular AR.
    Complaints? As with a lot of the other premium weapons they all cost too much IMO. I paid the 800 Gold for the 3 pack, but at 500g a piece normally that's a mite on the sharp side.

If they're not exactly amazing or OP, I think the prices are fine for two reasons*:

1) Those with excess XP won't mind spending it on them; and 2) Purchasing them with gold helps keep the game profitable. As frugal as I am, I have no problem with a game developer staying in business. In order for them to stay in business, they need to make money. To make money from a F2P game, you need to sell things. If players already have everything they "need," then the only way to sell things is by making vanity items or variant weapons available for purchase.

So, as far as I'm concerned, this patch appears to be the biggest step in the right direction that I've seen so far. Here's hoping my estimation still rings true after the weapons (and resulting metas) have been vetted.

*I have not been home from work to test them out yet.
    Last edited by deadly.by.design; 25-07-2012 at 08:47 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Wow, the server is packed. Attempting to join for twenty minutes now...

Yeah, me too. Guess a lot of people are just browsing to try out the new maps. Ah well, have fun all!

My god that was good fun! Thanks to all for turning up and making it work out well. The two new maps are damn brilliant IMO. Permafrost is a little turtle heavy I admit but it makes the Gen room something more then "LOL GENS!" for brutes and infs to waste space in.
    Dangerous crossing is... its bloody Tribes! Its not too big admittedly, but damnit its the first map I've played a Jug on and I've felt like a human bullet!