Page 57 of 59 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1170
    Network Hub
    Pubs are 16v16, any argument based on pub play fails because of this. 16v16 only works when at least half the team has no idea what they're doing and/or camp the gen room. It is not a real play format, it exists because it works for completely random teams seeded without regard to skill (rank has almost no correlation with skill, at least strategic skill). If there were any real kind of meta in 16v16, it would be a nigh-unbreakable d-stack. In pubs, you don't have a team 90% of the time. If you're lucky someone will handle defense (assuming you're a capper), but there is an incredibly slim chance that you'll find any offense willing to coordinate with you. Call vsaf, vtf, vff all you want, no one's listening or caring. You either get lucky and find a group to cluster the flag stand with, or every cap is a solo cap. The reason SLD works in pubs is that a SLD can run through a forcefield and eat a few mines without dying (and some sniper fire, though I can count the number of really good snipers I've faced in pubs on 1 hand), which a PTH can't. It's not because of how many people are on each team, it's because you simply don't *have* a team in pubs most of the time. Get a friend or 2 to run some timed offense for you, and see how much easier it is to make it home in PTH than in SLD.

Quote Originally Posted by Ritashi View Post
    (...)
    Get a friend or 2 to run some timed offense for you, and see how much easier it is to make it home in PTH than in SLD.
    This.
    And yet, allthough i almost never play Tribes without a friend of mine in voice comms, i still keep fatfinding half the time.
    Just because it is so much more fun to fly a massive tank of a man at ridiculous speeds through other people. And because it still works. ^^

Network Hub
    Heh, like I said, SLD capping works - just that PTH works better. And while I have seen a heavy cap before, it almost never works against a decent PTH. Fun, yes, but not exactly effective :P

Lesser Hivemind Node deadly.by.design's Avatar
    I suppose it's a sign that I've basically unlocked all of the useful things by now, but it's pretty sad that my daily deals have become mostly skins and the less useful Accelerate update guns.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ritashi View Post
    Pubs are 16v16, any argument based on pub play fails because of this. 16v16 only works when at least half the team has no idea what they're doing and/or camp the gen room. It is not a real play format, it exists because it works for completely random teams seeded without regard to skill (rank has almost no correlation with skill, at least strategic skill).
    So what you're basically saying is, any multiplayer game not played in an organized competition is not a "real play format"?

I don't know where you play, but in the 20-30 rank games I've played on Amsterdam, most players do know what they're doing. In fact, most of the games I've played were 5-4.

And I don't know what your "organized offense" consisting of 1-2 people wants to achieve against 3 or more sentinels scattered all around the enemy base or even in the midfield.

Obscure Node
    It wants to "whee!" and hopefully "backstab". Hopefully with a sticky explosive device.

Quote Originally Posted by deadly.by.design View Post
    I suppose it's a sign that I've basically unlocked all of the useful things by now, but it's pretty sad that my daily deals have become mostly skins and the less useful Accelerate update guns.
    I feel your pain. The skins aren't even worth it for the daily deal price. I would be tempted to buy a voice pack if it came up on daily deal, but they all suck so forget that.

I know I'd been saying I might not get another 90-day booster, as my current one expires in ~10 days, but I may be changing my mind. Sure, most of the things I need to unlock are either Brute or completely for fun (like INF knives), but I don't know what else I'd spend my ~1700g on. That, and I don't know how long this 1600g 90-day sale will last.

Maybe think of it as an investment for when (/ if?) they finally pull out the stops on the SEN or TNC patches.
    That or unlock lightweight and the Brute and go for fatflying lessons.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    I don't know what it is... I am thinking about selling my Tribes account on ebay and creating a new F2P one for the occasional fun.
    Currently the game is not fun any more. More and more stuff keeps annoying me so that I am frustrated about game"design" decisions HiRez made. On 1 good and fun game come 10 in which I can only think "Oh no, not that shit again".

Perhaps it's the best way to try to get most of my money back with selling it (maybe even making some profit) and spend it otherwise. It was fun, but it is no longer. Global Agenda all over again.

I didn't know people even sold accounts!

Try something new. Play in PUGs, switch to a different game mode for awhile, or join a competition.

We've been having a great time practicing and playing for the 5v5 team, even without winning.

I agree - try a new class. Maybe one that you were sure that you wouldn't enjoy.

Unless it's Brute. Sell your account before doing that.

Over three months of playing and I just realized how & where the flag spawns in TDM.

Probably as good a place as any to mention my in game name is now NotTheMessiah. If you have a strange looking man in your friend list that wasn't there before, that'll be me!

Oh no - this means my new signature will already be outdated
    CWalker00> SKYDANCER YOU UTTER BOLLOCKS

Not sure where to fling this, and today(?) is supposed to be the patch day, but here is vid:

The repair station looks nice (SHOTGUN IS NOW VIABLE!) though not sure about that new plasma thumper thing. Wish there was an indication of how much damage each shot does.
    First I've been excited over cosmetics though. I WANT THAT BIODERM VOICE!

That looks interesting. I want to try the new turret. It just looks so awesome. ^^

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    New turret is probably better for flag defenses.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!

http://forum.hirezstudios.com/phpbb/...77564#p1077564

New patch notes, apparently! Of particular interest are the buffs to Rage. Chasing is better yaaaaaaaaay

Faster menu navigation? Not bad. Twinfusor buffs are fine by me. CTF Blitz sounds fun. Yay for Rage buffs.

I still haven't played Permafrost...