Recommend some iPhone games?

Attempting to browse the iTunes app store for games is an object in futility, so thought I'd throw in a call for recommendations here to the good citizens of RPSland. I'm looking for games with a bit of depth (RPGs mainly) and particular ones with decent control systems; anything that attempts to emulate twin-stick controls on-screen is probably out, I just find these horriblely frustrating (which means that, unfortunately, I never managed to get to grip with "Shining Force" on the iPhone),

One which I'm enjoying at the moment, only recommended on Twitter yesterday, is Undercroft, a first-person, turn-based dungeon crawler; think Eye of the Beholder and such like:

There's a fair bit of depth and, importantly, the controls work. (Being turn-based helps here as well.) Looking forward to hearing your faves,

Other games I've been playing a bit (or have played to death):

* Plants vs Zombies (played to death)
    * World of Goo (found the controls a bit fiddly. To be honest, never really loved this on PC either. *hangs head in indie shame*
    * Monkey Island SE (will finish this someday, but the amount of walking in the game got to annoy me.)
    * Broken Sword 2 (currently playing this on and off; really went done. Actually only finished the first one on the GBA version, which was really well done.)
    * Ticket to Ride (well done version of the board game, but haven't quite gotten to grips with the rules)

P.

Beneath a Steel Sky is out on the iPhone, actually. That and Hector: Badge of Carnage games are worth a look. If you have time for only one, I'd recommend the latter.

Activated Node
    Wolfenstein RPG and Doom 2 RPG are both EotB-ish games (not as deep as other games in that vein but still pretty fun).

New World Colony is sort of a cross between Catan and Civ; unfortunately you've just missed out on it being free for a weekend but it's only 69p anyway!

Lately I've been playing an awful lot of Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer. It's kind of what you get if you take Magic the Gathering, ditch the requirement to pay cash money for cards and instead have you start from scratch every game, building up your deck using in-game currency. It's a conversion of a real-life card game and I like it an awful lot. The expansion is worth picking up too -- it adds a bunch of extra cards to the game which you can either mix into the existing deck or play with on their own.

Do check out Jeff Minter's games too; they're action games with controls that genuinely work well. My faves are Gridrunner and GoatUp.

Oh, and Slay is worth a look too; it's a simple but fun strategy game, which holds a dear place in my heart due to the fact that i caned the Windows shareware version when I got it off a magazine cover CD back in the day. Some of his other Windows shareware games (like Mother of All Battles) have been ported to iOS too but i haven't got round to playing them yet.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Weirdly Puzzle Quest is probably the most fully-featured RPG I've played on iOS. Great if you haven't already played it elsewhere.

Have you tried Swords and Sworcery yet?

Honestly I couldn't finish it, but if you're really into RPGs you might get a kick out of it.

Apparently Ziggurat is quite crunchy.

I'd played a lot of games till a day on my android phone. I suggest to you must play Angry Bird, Need 4 Speed which is most entertaining games for me..Must installed these games..........

Online Magazines for the youth..

Quote Originally Posted by theyouthexpress View Post
    I'd played a lot of games till a day on my android phone. I suggest to you must play Angry Bird, Need 4 Speed which is most entertaining games for me..Must installed these games..........
    I have also played lots of games in my iphone.I have some of my favorite games that Doodle Jump, Angry Bird,Real Racing,Tiny Wings etc. You should try this games..

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Henke View Post
    Have you tried Swords and Sworcery yet?

Honestly I couldn't finish it, but if you're really into RPGs you might get a kick out of it.
    I'm guessing "I couldn't" really means "it was so bad I didn't want to"?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Before my whole iPod was wiped because of the huge iOS update I had Cut The Rope on it which is in my opnion quite addictive if you're the completion like I am, trying to get all the stars on every level, it was the only game I needed.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

You can try Mega Jump, Crimson Gem Sage, Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions, Final Fantasy III, Zenonia, Scribblenauts Remix, and Infinity Blade.
    --under construction--

Asphalt 4
    Angry Birds
    Final Fantasy

Asphalt 4
    Angry Birds
    Final Fantasy
    Last edited by remanjot; 03-08-2012 at 01:34 PM.

I hear King of Dragon Pass is out in the app store for the iOS. It's about 10 bucks but hey, it's worth it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lambchops's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by deano2099 View Post
    Weirdly Puzzle Quest is probably the most fully-featured RPG I've played on iOS. Great if you haven't already played it elsewhere.
    I wish you hadn't told me Puzzle Quest on iThings existed I'm going to get addicted all over again.

Games I have in my iPod are:

Plants vs Zombies
    World of Goo (loved it on PC unforunately too fiddly on iPod, I blame my clumsy fingers!)
    Peggle
    Doodle God
    Drop 7
    SpellTower (great if you like a word puzzle)

Only started buying games for it recently haven't properly explored what is available yet.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus squirrel's Avatar
    I would like to ask: is it true that more graphically sophisticated games tend to drain the battery quicker? I see there are some very beautiful games being released on iPhone, some I would see at the level as gorgeous as PSP games. Do you have general ideas on how running a certain game consume battery? You see, iPhone can be for business purpose, and not every employer permit his employees to charge battery in office (for obvious reason, employer pays electrical bill after all).

My elder brother never tries serious gaming on iPhone and iPad for this exact concern.

Quote Originally Posted by squirrel View Post
    I would like to ask: is it true that more graphically sophisticated games tend to drain the battery quicker? I see there are some very beautiful games being released on iPhone, some I would see at the level as gorgeous as PSP games. Do you have general ideas on how running a certain game consume battery? You see, iPhone can be for business purpose, and not every employer permit his employees to charge battery in office (for obvious reason, employer pays electrical bill after all).

My elder brother never tries serious gaming on iPhone and iPad for this exact concern.
    I say, probably. People said playing Chinatown Wars on their iPhone tend to overheat the little sucker. I played Minecraft on my iPod Touch too and I wasn't surprised that it drained the batteries faster than it should've.

Oh, yeah. GTA: Chinatown Wars is pretty good (I loved the DS version best, though) in the iOS. There's a port of GTA III for it too but the controls are just fucking terrible. And there's Ghost Trick. Yes, Ghost Trick. If you love a blend of puzzling and VNs, this is a no-brainer. Then, there's Infinity Blade...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus squirrel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    I say, probably. People said playing Chinatown Wars on their iPhone tend to overheat the little sucker. I played Minecraft on my iPod Touch too and I wasn't surprised that it drained the batteries faster than it should've.

Oh, yeah. GTA: Chinatown Wars is pretty good (I loved the DS version best, though) in the iOS. There's a port of GTA III for it too but the controls are just fucking terrible. And there's Ghost Trick. Yes, Ghost Trick. If you love a blend of puzzling and VNs, this is a no-brainer. Then, there's Infinity Blade...
    I'm sure if Apple can solve the battery problem, it will be the King of portable gaming.

No wait, there are Win Mobile and Android......

Can't say much about Andriod other than it's like Windows, widely available in a fuckton of phones out there compared to the iOS. Heck, I'd buy a Galaxy instead of an iPhone but I just want to emulate shit like Mother 3 so could enjoy it anywhere rather than having to play it on my PC

/rant