Results 1 to 19 of 19
Thread: Recommend some iPhone games?
05-03-2012, 07:19 PM #1
Recommend some iPhone games?
Attempting to browse the iTunes app store for games is an object in futility, so thought I'd throw in a call for recommendations here to the good citizens of RPSland. I'm looking for games with a bit of depth (RPGs mainly) and particular ones with decent control systems; anything that attempts to emulate twin-stick controls on-screen is probably out, I just find these horriblely frustrating (which means that, unfortunately, I never managed to get to grip with "Shining Force" on the iPhone),
One which I'm enjoying at the moment, only recommended on Twitter yesterday, is Undercroft, a first-person, turn-based dungeon crawler; think Eye of the Beholder and such like:
There's a fair bit of depth and, importantly, the controls work. (Being turn-based helps here as well.) Looking forward to hearing your faves,
Other games I've been playing a bit (or have played to death):
* Plants vs Zombies (played to death)
* World of Goo (found the controls a bit fiddly. To be honest, never really loved this on PC either. *hangs head in indie shame*
* Monkey Island SE (will finish this someday, but the amount of walking in the game got to annoy me.)
* Broken Sword 2 (currently playing this on and off; really went done. Actually only finished the first one on the GBA version, which was really well done.)
* Ticket to Ride (well done version of the board game, but haven't quite gotten to grips with the rules)