Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    "This is loco!"

By the way the iOS game is actually pretty darn good, worth playing even without the extra stuff for ME3

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    What.

U srs, brah?
    You earn coins in the game to upgrade your guy with, but you can buy extra coins too. The most expensive package (which I presume will net you nearly all the upgrades) is a cool 34.99.

The game itself is 4.99 too, already a premium price for an iOS game without the mirco-payments. At least there's no ads, I guess. And it is good. Far better than Galaxy, and actually quite impressive for an iOS title graphically.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    I see. If an iOS game is 3D I generally stay away as I'm absolutely crap with them. If it goes down to 0.70 (which it will), I might pick it up then.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I started playing, and had a lot of fun.

I did the obligatory visit to everyone in the Normandy, asking about his problems, whats going on, how is everything working. It was like returning to my ... ship, I was captain again of this ship doing missions, and its great.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dancanman View Post
    Kind of a weird question, but has anybody found the boxed collectors edition for PC in stock in US stores? BestBuy and Target have it listed, but it's been sold out for weeks. Amazon, annoyingly only has the Digital Download edition.
    My pre-ordered PC collectors edition got canceled just today because they ran out of it and none of the other stores had it in stock either, so only option left was to buy it digitally from origin.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    So I've looked around and I've definitely effed up my 360 save files for both ME1 and 2. That means 3 characters have now disappeared. I'll be honest, I'm pretty disappointed by that. I had a look on the ME saves thing, but it's hard to find my paragon character - no romance in ME1, 'Focus on Sovereign' at the end and Paragon throughout 2. I might have better luck with my renegade character, but...man, I'm not going to complete the trilogy with my​ Shepard.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Save game editor thingy? http://www.masseffectsaves.com/tools.php

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Tried it, but there are a few too many variables. Have found one for my renegade run-through, so that's something. I guess if I put some time in, I could re-create it through the save editor, but there seems to be a *lot* of flags to do. Something to do on Friday while I wait for the post!
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jockie's Avatar
    ME3 wouldn't recognise my character's facial customisation, so my renegade male Shep, who has been with me from ME1 all the way through has had a slight redesign, I think I did a pretty good job at it though!

So far I'm enjoying the game, although I have found myself doing a lot of to-ing and fro-ing around the citadel in pursuit of small tasks and conversations with former friends/allies/enemies. The game still does an excellent job at remembering what you did in the previous games, it's gotten to the point now though, where NPC's are asking "Remember me? You did blahdeblah and saved my thingybob back over in wotisland?" And I honestly can't remember who the hell they are, or what they're banging on about.

I feel like I'm skirting around the main storyline a little at the moment, I don't want to rush it, because I get the feeling once you get to a certain point in the story, you'll get rushed forward at a breakneck pace. Despite the urgency that's there, I still like to potter around the galaxy.

Also as I mentioned in the other thread - I'm really enjoying the MP so far, which is a welcome surprise.
    I write about them video games at these locations

And on Twitter

So far (10 minutes in…) my biggest issue is the FOV. It is extremely tight, just like dead space. It wouldn't be an issue if I could plug a controller in and sit back from the screen, but that's not possible. This is really ruining it for me.

Also it seems that, although there is a separate voice for female shepard, they didn't bother with a different set of animations for her.
    "Give all your money to CoD. Give yourself to CoD. Play only CoD. There are no other games. Nothing else matters. Shoot the men. Shoot all the men. Shoot them all the time."

Editor, Control Command Escape

Steam | Raptr

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninjafoodstuff View Post
    Also it seems that, although there is a separate voice for female shepard, they didn't bother with a different set of animations for her.
    Yes, that's pretty much the case. I don't know if it's the case in ME3, but in ME1/2 she had a super-long neck too.

The cover system is actually more annoying in this one. It's much too easy to get flanked and then stuck, unable to shoot people either side of you.
    "Give all your money to CoD. Give yourself to CoD. Play only CoD. There are no other games. Nothing else matters. Shoot the men. Shoot all the men. Shoot them all the time."

Editor, Control Command Escape

Steam | Raptr

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by KauhuK View Post
    Is it safe to activate the game trough proxy? I read that ppl had activated their copies of BF3 without problems. I fear that if I activate ME3 trough proxy then EA will ban my account or something.
    I did it, using TunnelBear rather than anything complicated, and it's been fine. I highly doubt they'll do anything about it - EA don't have any stake in the EU release delay themselves, they have no incentive to pursue something like this.

Can anyone tell me how do you get From Ashes DLC? Can you buy it direct through game itself, or do you need to go to Origin? Or, some other way?

Also, can you change class if you import ME2 save?

Can't wait to get my hands on it, and knowing that I'll have to wait 7-10 more days until mine arrives is driving me nuts :(

Lesser Hivemind Node Spider Jerusalem's Avatar
    yeah, you can change classes.

Thanks for the good news!
    Last edited by Beeblebrox; 08-03-2012 at 09:27 AM.

They say The Witcher 2 has tough decisions to make and they're right but I think ME3 tops this.

SPOILER, mark to read
    I just shot Mordin in the back and betrayed the entire Krogan race.

I don't remember the last time I felt that terrible about something I did in a game and the worst part is that I still believe it was the right thing (for this incarnation of Shepard, anyways).
    Old hat! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Antique! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Recently updated! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jockie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    They say The Witcher 2 has tough decisions to make and they're right but I think ME3 tops this.

SPOILER, mark to read
    I just shot Mordin in the back and betrayed the entire Krogan race.

I don't remember the last time I felt that terrible about something I did in a game and the worst part is that I still believe it was the right thing (for this incarnation of Shepard, anyways).
    I felt the exact same way, I had to take a short break after that and reassessed whether I should start over with my more measured carebear Shepard.
    Last edited by Jockie; 08-03-2012 at 11:28 AM.
    I write about them video games at these locations

And on Twitter

Lesser Hivemind Node Spider Jerusalem's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beeblebrox View Post
    Thanks for the good news!
    your powers appear to be pre-selected based on what you ended with in me2, though. not sure what the algo they use for that if you switch classes, but you can respec for free fairly early on, i hear. haven't made it that far myself (i keep restarting and sitting through the long intro).