Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Yeah, you can respec for free the first time and after that it's 5000 bucks. You can do so in the med bay.
    Old hat! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Antique! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Recently updated! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider Jerusalem View Post
    your powers appear to be pre-selected based on what you ended with in me2, though. not sure what the algo they use for that if you switch classes, but you can respec for free fairly early on, i hear. haven't made it that far myself (i keep restarting and sitting through the long intro).
    This only seems to happen if you choose the same class that you were in ME2. If you choose a different class, you can assign points wherever you want. It should have been a free choice whichever class you chose tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by csuzw View Post
    It should have been a free choice whichever class you chose tbh.
    I disagree. I would have found it very tedious to reallocate 35 levels-worth of points. For this reason I usually auto-assign points for new team members, and then refine their skills manually as I go along.
    "Give all your money to CoD. Give yourself to CoD. Play only CoD. There are no other games. Nothing else matters. Shoot the men. Shoot all the men. Shoot them all the time."

Editor, Control Command Escape

Steam | Raptr

What's up with Anderson's animations? It looks like his feet are just flopping around. :/
    And what happened to dialogue options? I can only choose 2 and they are both "red".

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Yeah, EA/Bioware's animators deserve a slap in the mouth for Anderson terrible running animation.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Activated Node
    I unlocked mine last night. It's brilliant. However, the Turian leader is called...THE PRIMARCH.

I mean, really.

Only other real annoyance is that I had to play the intro about four times to get my Shepard looking reasonable. My imported Shepard for some reason looked nothing like she did in Mass Effect 2, and seemingly had an entirely concave face. Trouble is, you can't really tell until you see them in the game proper.

Other than that, it's the best yet.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I imported my Shepard (who was from Mass Effect and thus came across a bit wonky), and used this random Gillian Anderson face with some tweaks. Best Shepard ever!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Oshada View Post
    Gillian Anderson face
    I guess she believes?
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Smashbox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    I think I accidentally screwed up the copying between my 360, which had a few characters from 1 and 2, onto my USB to the extent that I may have sent them into the void. This...disappoints me, greatly. Nevertheless, I'm eagerly looking forward to missing the post-man drop it round on Friday and having to go to the sorting office and back again so I can install it and play.

I also love your title. God bless you Die Hard 2.

Okay, so I was just about to do this, using this tool, but the thought of losing my beautiful, beautiful, cruel Shepherd is too much to bear. What went wrong/should I still try to move my save?

Quote Originally Posted by Smashbox View Post
    Okay, so I was just about to do this, using this tool, but the thought of losing my beautiful, beautiful, cruel Shepherd is too much to bear. What went wrong/should I still try to move my save?
    It works fine. There are a couple of issues related to actually importing the PCSave, see this thread for a solution.
    "Give all your money to CoD. Give yourself to CoD. Play only CoD. There are no other games. Nothing else matters. Shoot the men. Shoot all the men. Shoot them all the time."

Steam | Raptr

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Smashbox's Avatar
    Incidentally, what's with Microsoft's treatment of Xbox save data? You can't copy it, you can only cut and paste it, so if something goes wrong, like in JG Man's case, you're screwed.

Actually most xbox games can be copied. I've no idea why certain ones can't. I assume that's at the discretion of the publisher.

Steam | Raptr

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Meh, just meh. Anyone else completed it yet? Remember how disappointing the endings of Deus Ex 3 were? Yeah. Meh. Bioware managed a monumental ass-pull on this one. I am disappoint. My only other real gripe is how poorly characterised Cerberus are compared to ME2. I mean, from the off they're behaving like pantomime villains (ie. being evil because they're the bad guys).

Aside from that, great game. The gameplay is another step up from ME2 and the scripting and such are as good as ever. I'm just so disappointed that the game ended leaving such a bad taste in my mouth.
    Last edited by DarkFenix; 08-03-2012 at 03:30 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node Spider Jerusalem's Avatar
    i haven't finished it (obv.) but i agree on the cerebus bit. it's like they wrote the third one after the first one, and never thought that they'd put shep on the cerebus side of things. after spending an entire game inside the organization, it seems lazy/dishonest to have them go back to the generic scourge of the universe role.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider Jerusalem View Post
    i haven't finished it (obv.) but i agree on the cerebus bit. it's like they wrote the third one after the first one, and never thought that they'd put shep on the cerebus side of things. after spending an entire game inside the organization, it seems lazy/dishonest to have them go back to the generic scourge of the universe role.
    Agreed. It didn't even seem like it was supposed to be a "twist" (what were you expecting them to do, you fools!)
    It's one of the most bizarre reversals in a game sequel since Hobbes "decides" to rejoin the Kilrathi in WC3.

Steam | Raptr

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninjafoodstuff View Post
    It works fine. There are a couple of issues related to actually importing the PCSave, see this thread for a solution.
    Incidentally, what's with Microsoft's treatment of Xbox save data? You can'
    t copy it, you can only cut and paste it, so if something goes wrong, like in JG Man's case, you're screwed.
    I thought it would be relatively simple. That was my mistake. I put in a USB on my 360, formatted enough space so that it could hold all the saves, the attempted to copy/paste all the character saves from ME1 and 2 onto the USB. Some couldn't be copied and could only be moved, for whatever reason. I accepted this, completed it and then finished. I then tried putting my USB on my computer.

There are files in a hidden 'Xbox360' folder that total 1.5gb. I'm not sure how much of that is the formatted necessities. Whatever, there are only three files, one at 1gb, one at 500mb and one at 264kb. The files are simply titled "Data0000", with the other two files with 1 and 2 at the end, respectively. Unfortunately, the file formats are saved simply as 'file'. I tried using the importer to see if it could recognise them, but nothing.

Now, I'm not saying that my 360 saves are gone; it's very possible they still exist and because I can't read them doesn't mean they're dead, but the next opportunity I'll have to get back to my 360 is in a few weeks.

Long story short, for whatever reason, the formats have blurred and I have none of my 360sav files. I basically can't even go as far as importing because there is nothing to import.