Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cortex Command

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar

Cortex Command

I see people saying that the game without mods is like unfinished product,so which mods do i need to download for the game.
    ... I take the lives of a few to protect the lives of many. I commit acts of war to preserve the greater peace. I take no joy in killing, but make no mistake; I'll do what needs to be done. Because it's my job. It's my duty. My name is Sam Fisher, and I am a Splinter Cell.

Banned
    All of the ones you can.

Activated Node
    I'm aware this is an old thread, but I figured posting here instead of starting a new one would be the best.

There's a new build out including the campaign with AI functionality.

Preview

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Heads up, apparently Cortex Command is hitting Steam "this month" (I assume he means October)

Been a few years since I hit this up, but it was really fun back then. And apparently now it has non-crappy AI AND campaigns. And apparently you can get stuff air-dropped without it landing wrong and exploding horribly and killing everyone you know and love, which is kind of a downer. I enjoyed that :p

http://devlog.datarealms.com/cortex-...ytest-preview/

And if you look at nothing else, watch this and laugh hysterically http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhyZFT4Aw_Y&feature=player_embedded#t=293s
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Any word on how those who bought it in that Humble Indie Bundle, ages ago, will get the update?

Edit: Never mind. Seems they've been keeping the Humble download link up to date, so we should be able to get a Steam key too :)
    Last edited by rsherhod; 23-09-2012 at 10:31 PM.

The site update says " Everyone who has previously bought the game will get a Steam key, donít worry "

So probably will get the update the same way previous updates were handled: Go to your humble bundle page and check for it. It will just probably be a serial instead of a new installer
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Thanks for heads up.
    ... I take the lives of a few to protect the lives of many. I commit acts of war to preserve the greater peace. I take no joy in killing, but make no mistake; I'll do what needs to be done. Because it's my job. It's my duty. My name is Sam Fisher, and I am a Splinter Cell.

Been listening/watching the video on and off (nothing else as funny as what I linked to), apparently it is "before the end of the month". So yay

Network Hub
    Always wondered wtf is CC and wtf is going on??

Cortex Command is a "tactical side-scrolling physics based shooter" or whatever the hell they called it.

In a nutshell: You have a robot with a brain in its head. Your goal is to kill the other robot with a brain in its head (and the other one, and the other one, etc). You do this by digging for gold, fortifying your position, and airdropping robots without brains but with guns from orbit.

Very cool, I was waiting to play this until it was officially released.

Now I only have to wait 2 or 3 years for Splot, then I'll be set.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    Cortex Command is a "tactical side-scrolling physics based shooter"
    In my experience that translated into "overly complicated and obtuse controls, which will spontaneously do the wrong thing, then blow up in your face. Because physics."

Is this still the case? The idea always seemed good, I just found it utterly unplayable.

Correction: "Less than a week" apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangyTang View Post
    In my experience that translated into "overly complicated and obtuse controls, which will spontaneously do the wrong thing, then blow up in your face. Because physics."

Is this still the case? The idea always seemed good, I just found it utterly unplayable.
    What, you didn't like all your ships exploding before they drop anyone off and everyone being deployed half-dead? :p

Judging by the video, they at least got it to the point that you can reliably get new units deployed quickly. The controls still look a bit clunky, but that is the kind of thing you get used to fast.
    Last edited by gundato; 24-09-2012 at 01:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangyTang View Post

Huh? Overly complex controls? It's designed to be played with a gamepad, and only uses about a third of the buttons on that, anyway. I think you might be remembering another game.

Never heard of it, but looks like a lot of fun. I think I'll buy it :) .

Wonder how it is these days? I had shitloads of fun with the demo like 3 or 4 years ago :D
    Read more here (On hold) or on Twitter! Occasional impressions on random sim games.

^Me too. Was a lot of fun, especially in split-screen multiplayer. Gets even nuttier with mods.

I haven't been following its progress lately though. Might be a good time to add the website back into my list of Live Bookmarks.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus b0rsuk's Avatar
    It's basically an alpha or tech demo. Very clunky, single player is a mockup, movement clunky and sluggish. A hair can stop you in your tracks. Lots of rough edges. It may be fun in multiplayer, but so is Worms.
    I had more fun popping pimples.
    pass

I haven't played in a while. Did they ever add networked multiplayer?

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominic Tarason View Post
    Huh? Overly complex controls? It's designed to be played with a gamepad, and only uses about a third of the buttons on that, anyway. I think you might be remembering another game.
    Hm, I was trying to play with mouse and keyboard which based on the on-screen prompts looked like the 'proper' way to play it. Maybe I'll try with a pad at some point.