Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar

An IceWind Dale (2?) Coop Run. Takers?

I'll just go ahead and say we try our first attempt on this at Wednesday the 9th of May, at 8 BST/9 CET.

Add me on Steam if you're interested and give me a quick shout. If more than 6 contact me I'll prefer those who came first in this thread but with some luck we'll be enough then to create a second party.

Please get GameRanger set up to ensure working multiplayer. It's straightforward, only in rare cases you might need to forward ports.

For communication purposes we're going to use the inofficial RPS Mumble server and the ingame chat. Mumble is a free VOIP client like Teamspeak. Connect to server.herosquad.org and the default port. Password if prompted is rumpus. Please use push-to-talk instead of voice activation, listening to you scolding your cat or eating cheetos isn't as delightful as it sounds.

Game Version is v2.01 (101615) (start the game and check the options menu)

Spreadsheet for classes 'n stuff.

Old Post:
    Is anyone interested in doing this? 6 people would be awesome but of course we could split characters if we had less.

And why IceWind Dale instead of BG?
    Well, less dialog, more fighting and someone to exchange small talk with while doing the more tedious parts of the game - what could go wrong?

Personally I'd prefer doing IWD2 as its Multiplayer is supposed to run without much hassle using GameRanger.
    So far (10/12):
    Wolfenswan
    Heliocentric
    Kelron
    Anthile
    Labbes
    Squirrelfanatic
    Choca
    Pakoito
    Orentes
    The Doge
    Last edited by Wolfenswan; 10-05-2012 at 11:10 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    I hear word that IWD#1 is better? They are the 2 infinity engine games I never played, but yes after buying them recently from GamersGate I would certainly be interested in some cooperative gathering my adventurers before venturing forth.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    I'd prefer to play 2.

You have my sword.
    to wound the autumnal city.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    You have my sword.

(Not actually signing up for this, but I've been looking for an excuse to use that image for days)

I see that there six players have signed up already, but if it turns out somebody doesn't have time after all, I'd very much be up for it :)

I would be interested, although I don't own the game and therefore never played it. But I don't think that this would be much of a problem, since you can get from almost everywhere by now.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Too many conversations and store runs for me. Been there, done that, spent a lot of time waiting for people to do things. Good luck to you guys though.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    The ideal is someone who can summon demons, that made playing NWN hilarious.

When outside the starting pub looks like Dante's Inferno you know you've found a good server.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

It's a shame IWD doesn't have Wild Mages.

I'm so down for this if it's not too late. IWD 1 or 2 is fine; I've no preference. I'm East Coast, USA but I'll try to be as flexible as possible with playtimes if I can make it work.
    Game Library Completion: 212/246 - 86.18%

Gentleman! I've come back from the depths of Grimrock and would be interested to finally get this thing going. If those listed at the beginning of the thread could post a preferred weekday and maybe add me on Steam if not already done so?

I might set up a spreadsheet or something if need be, but atm. I'd prefer to keep it "local".

I'm usually good to start any evening around 8:30-9pm UK time.

In case somebody doesn't show up I'd be interested to act as a filler guy. I can make most weekdays after 7-8p.m. UTC+1.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    You guys can use my mumble server if you want (I can set up a room for you): -

IP: 85.236.97.19

Port: 1562
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

He who controls the Doge controls the universe

If you guys ever need another, I'd be up for an Icewind Dale 2 run.

The first game is widely considered to be better but I'm already halfway through a rerun of it so I'm not that interested in starting it over. Plus I feel that Icewind Dale 2's ruleset is a better fit for a multiplayer run.

I was planning to make another run through it with a full halfling/gnome/dwarf team so I'll probably pick a small guy.
    Last edited by Choca; 27-04-2012 at 01:30 PM.

I'll just go ahead and say we try our first attempt on this at Wednesday the 9th, at 8 BST/9 CET.

Add me on Steam if you're interested and give me a quick shout. If more than 6 contact me I'll prefer those who came first in this thread but with some luck we'll be enough then to create a second party.

Please get GameRanger set up to ensure working multiplayer. It's straightforward, only in rare cases you might need to forward ports.

For communication purposes we're going to use the inofficial RPS Mumble server and the ingame chat. Mumble is a free VOIP client like Teamspeak. Connect to server.herosquad.org and the default port. Password if prompted is rumpus.

Edit: OP updated with the same details.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    I may be in if I am able to get the game (have boxed copy, gog does not redeem, netbook has no dvd drive, morally entitled) and the stuff setup and I remember I actually fucked signed up for it lol.

I'm still up for it but with a Diablo III review to write soon and E3 looming on the horizon I might not be available to play so I'll only take a spot if no one else wants it.
    Last edited by Choca; 03-05-2012 at 09:04 PM.

Wolfenswan, you can take my name off the list to free up space in line. While I would love to be able to play IWD with you fine folks, my current schedule just won't allow it. Happy gaming, all!
    Game Library Completion: 212/246 - 86.18%