I'm in for the ginormoleague.
Maybe a "when it's done" limit is in order, since this might be a lot of matches.
You know what happens without a deadline? Nothing :)
Alright, alright, you're both right. :)
Probably best to have a deadline for entry, and then determine the match deadline based on the amount of people.
i thought it was gonna be knockout style? like the fa cup or summat
I'd like more feedback from participants about the rules - do you prefer to stick with Dark Extermination or do something different; and if the latter, what do you think about giving the challengee the choice?
Back to the main league for a moment: I've finally got around to tidying up division 4, so season 8 is over. Congratulations to the division winners, commiserations to the blasted-to-smithereens, and regardless of how the increasingly daunting Ginormoleague turns out, the signups for season 9 will open on Monday. Thank you all for taking part!
is there a way for someone to generate a map where other two players will play..
or to have who is green and who is red randomly selected?
either of those options would avoid a match been seen as unfair for the challenged player
I'm fine with non-symmetrical maps as long as the challengee can appeal a map and have it re-rolled.
Slow and steady wins teh internets!
OK, the spreadsheets are ready and the inaugural RPS FS Ginormoleague has begun! I'm not going to start a new thread or spell out all of the rules; you all know how it works by now. You're playing by the standard rules, with the following exceptions/clarifications:
1) All matches are Dark Extermination (Sorry DeVadder).
2) The number and types of unit for each player must be identical. Use the 'Generate Extermination' button to create a random map with suitable units, rather than the 'Generate Symmetrical' button that we use in the regular league.
3) Maps do NOT have to be symmetrical (I suppose they can be if the challenger wishes).
4) The challenger should select the first randomly-generated map that is, in their honest judgement, neither stupid nor blatantly unfair to either player.
5) The challenged player has a right of appeal if he believes that a map is stupid or unfair. The appeal must be lodged before the challenged player takes his first move. Appeals will be judged by me, probably but not necessarily having first taken feedback from the other players. The Vatican has kindly agreed to bestow papal infallibility upon all such judgements.
6) You need to challenge the seven players below you in the table, looping back to the top where necessary. If in doubt, see the raw data spreadsheet.
7) You have until Sunday 08 April to finish all fourteen of your matches. Get cracking! Extensions at my discretion.
8) The final standings at the end of this league will have no impact on the starting positions in season 9 of the regular league.
9) If I've overlooked anything, please see item 8 of the standard rules.
10) If cimethink wins 14-0 I am personally going to murder you all.
Last edited by WombatDeath; 30-03-2012 at 08:55 PM.
Oh [swear redacted -- not sure if I'm allowed to do that here], 14 games in a week. This will be intense :D
jsutcliffe has challenged Baboonanza in game 490488
jsutcliffe has challenged playthatfunkytuba in game 490490
jsutcliffe has challenged Desvergeh in game 490491
jsutcliffe has challenged Bellowhead in game 490494
jsutcliffe has challenged Henke in game 490495
jsutcliffe has challenged gotem in game 490496
jsutcliffe has challenged iwem.xo in game 490497
I just opted for symmetrical, regular rules -- it seemed easiest. Please leave your skills at the door.
Last edited by Jams O'Donnell; 30-03-2012 at 11:00 PM.