Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    Henke has defeated DeVadder in game 490682 by 4 men killed to 1.

Explosions everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Siddin View Post
    We're cursed!
    :(

iwem.xo has challenged Xune in game 492570

iwem.xo has beaten rodeoclown 4:1 in game 492246
    Great last move. I hadn't moved the guy that shot your last dude to intentionally prevent that at least.

I'll get on the rest of the challenges tonight probably. Right now I'm going to see if I can beat henke before he takes off again. :)

Also, gotta say this ginormoleague sounded like a better idea than it ended up being due to the short timespan. I think I'll sit the next league out too.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ColOfNature's Avatar
    Sorry I didn't issue these sooner. My procrastination is approaching critical levels: I'm thinking about postponing tomorrow until after the weekend. I haven't actually taken any turns yet because my laptop's touchpad is getting increasingly twitchy in its dotage so I'll get going in all 13 matches in my queue when I get to my desktop sometime tonight. In the mean time here are the challenges I've issued:

[EDIT: oh, for f... All but one of my challenges were set to 5 turns. I've issued replacements.]
    rodeoclown - 492870 (not 492822)
    Xune - 492871 (not 492830)
    lagnut - 492875 (not 492831)
    cimethink - 492877 (not 492832)
    DeVadder - 492879 (not 492833)
    leegeorg07 - 492881 (not 492835)
    jsutcliffe - 492839

I'll be starting to upload vids to the usual place as soon as I've made my moves.
    Last edited by ColOfNature; 04-04-2012 at 09:24 PM. Reason: I'm an idiot.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Henke View Post
    Henke has defeated iwem.xo in game [REDACTED]

Noticed just now that all the challenges I've sent are only 5 turns instead of the standard 8. Sorry about that. Hope you guys are ok with that.
    I was really disappointed when our game ended early, it was really exciting!
    If you want to rechallenge, I'm happy to play again.
    If not, we can just take the draw.
    Find me on Steam
    By day I work making the world's best budgeting software. Check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by ptft View Post
    Guys, my apologies for being absent - I've been ill since last Friday. If we've still got to be wrapped up for Sunday, I'm going to struggle but if people are happy for it to bubble away for a bit longer I'd love to still be involved! Won't be offended if not...

Also, signed up for Season 9
    Yes, challenge away! I think we're going to need more time anyway, of which more in the following post...

Henke has defeated iwem.xo in game [REDACTED]

Noticed just now that all the challenges I've sent are only 5 turns instead of the standard 8. Sorry about that. Hope you guys are ok with that.

OH and lagnut? At first I went and hit the submit game button instead of the Advanced Settings button when issuing your challenge so now we have a total of THREE games active. Jesuschrist I am about to throw my computer into a fucking lake.

I'm gonna sit out the next season or two, this is starting to feel more like work than fun.

Jeez man, I'm totally with you! Why the heck did the Advanced setup's default change to 5 turns? Talk about Generrating irritation. All my challenges are afflicted with the same five-turn limit.

Doesn't help that FroSy itself is so freakin' fragile and flaky.
    See, I usually play this game during my train ride into and home from work.
    About the only time I get all to myself.
    I am constantly losing my connection and regaining it as I pass through tunnels and so on.

Why the heck couldn't turn submissions be managed like email, with an Outbox-like pending-send mechanism if the connection is unavailable?
    But no.
    Instead I hit Submit after carefully crafting my plan, only to be told I lost connection to the Grand Server. (Which is also a waste of my screen recording efforts for this league).
    Come to think of it, such a system could also be further adapted to allow saving of in-progress plans when switching between sessions, or accepting a new challenge.

Imagine if there was no such thing as a Drafts folder and emails were just deleted if you didn't manage to connect and send the first time you hit that button! What a load of ass.

I might come back to this if the in-game tournament system starts working, but having to manually challenge and set up and report and score... just really inefficient, we're getting bogged down with red tape and procedures.
    Get enough of that shit at work, don't we?

I will finish this lot of games, but yeah. Gonna step aside next time for some fresh meat.

Right, so, a couple of things are apparent:

1) We're not going to get anywhere near to finishing the Ginormoleague by Sunday.

2) Some of you are losing the will to live.

My fault, really: fourteen games in a week-and-a-bit seemed more achievable in my head than it was ever likely to be in reality. Anyway, forget the Sunday deadline: we'll extend the Ginoromoleague by a week to get more matches completed and allow you all to take things at a more sedate pace. Those finding it tiresome are welcome to take a rest for a few days, or even wave the white flag if you're really fed up, but most of you are past the halfway point so I'm hoping we can get most of the games concluded.

As for S9, I think we'll postpone it for a week or two since most of the regulars are also taking part in the Ginormoleague.

Quote Originally Posted by lagnut View Post
    Why the heck couldn't turn submissions be managed like email, with an Outbox-like pending-send mechanism if the connection is unavailable?
    But no.
    Instead I hit Submit after carefully crafting my plan, only to be told I lost connection to the Grand Server. (Which is also a waste of my screen recording efforts for this league).
    Come to think of it, such a system could also be further adapted to allow saving of in-progress plans when switching between sessions, or accepting a new challenge.

Imagine if there was no such thing as a Drafts folder and emails were just deleted if you didn't manage to connect and send the first time you hit that button! What a load of ass.
    I agree with all of that; having to remain both online and focused on the same game until a turn is submitted is annoying and seems totally unnecessary in a game which is designed around asynchronous play.

Network Hub
    492870 - ColofNature defeated RodeoClown 4:1 :(
    Find me on Steam

Right, I've issued the rest of my challenges (before reading WombatDeath's post about the deadline, d'oh).
    492777 lagnut
    492946 cimethink
    492953 DeVadder
    492960 leegeorg07

Also, Siddin/Capernitious, we still need to do a different layout.

Also also, while we're griping about FS, let me just add:
    • Fix pathing very close to windows
    • Implement a proper interface for drawing/selecting/removing zones
    • Make zones visible only to those who make them
    • Check orders will often be executed a random distance from where you actually put them (in simulation at least)
    • Orders often can't be dragged to where your dude is at the start of the turn and have to be reissued while that point is selected
    • Option to save uncommitted plans

I wish they'd fix/implement stuff like that before doing the iPad version. Lots of little things that turn in to big annoyances after a while.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by iwem.xo View Post
    I wish they'd fix/implement stuff like that before doing the iPad version. Lots of little things that turn in to big annoyances after a while.
    As a software dev in real life, I can tell you why they would prioritise the iPad version over bug fixing: money.

Fixing bugs doesn't bring in more money, releasing a new version does.

As much as we'd love to fix all the bugs in the software I'm working on, being able to stay fed and housed requires putting more effort into getting new sales - especially as there is no ongoing fee to play.

It's not what you want, but it's how it has to work :(
    Find me on Steam

Quote Originally Posted by rodeoclown View Post
    492870 - ColofNature defeated RodeoClown 4:1 :(
    More by luck than judgement. Sorry I didn't hang around but I was determined to get up to date tonight. Then I saw Womby's post about the extension. Ho hum.

With any luck many of our gripes will be addressed in the forthcoming update, whenever that happens. Another minor issue I'd like to see fixed is when you drag a waypoint any orders along that edge are moved too. I'd also really like an indicator of how far a unit could have moved since last seen - just a circle centred on the last known position, even if it was only visible at the end of the turn in question. That would save so much time in simulation, and wouldn't provide any info you can't get by other means.

Check orders will often be executed a random distance from where you actually put them (in simulation at least)
    As I understand it, check orders issued with Ctrl+LMB will be executed once the unit has
    line of sight to the target location, whereas checks issued from the RMB menu take place immediately. At least, that was the way it worked when the issue was raised in the FS forums. It may be different now.
    Last edited by ColOfNature; 05-04-2012 at 02:22 AM. Reason: linky

Quote Originally Posted by WombatDeath View Post
    we'll extend the Ginoromoleague by a week
    Much appreciated. :)

And don't beat yourself up about how the league was set up. At least now we have an answer for the question "How much Frozen Synapse is too much Frozen Synapse?"

Much appreciated. :)

And don't beat yourself up about how the league was set up. At least now we have an answer for the question "How much Frozen Synapse is too much Frozen Synapse?"
    There's a joke somewhere in here about ice cream headaches...

Also, Siddin/Capernatious, we still need to do a different layout.
    Re-issued the challenge :) It's now game 493055. Let's hope this one works!

The next update will be a DLC and thus to be paid for. So hopefully they did add the mentioned stuff or at least improve the tournament system. The new mutators sound interesting at least.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by DeVadder View Post
    The next update will be a DLC and thus to be paid for. So hopefully they did add the mentioned stuff or at least improve the tournament system. The new mutators sound interesting at least.
    That doesn't mean that bug-fixes won't be released at the same time though.

ColOfNature has beaten Capernatious 4:1 in match 490780.

Henke has TIED with rodeoclown in game 490935, 1 kill to 1
    cimethink has defeated Henke in game 490939, 2 kills to 1