Can't make season 7, so will sit on the bench until season 8!
Can't make season 7, so will sit on the bench until season 8!
Easy (nCore) likes Braaaains
Find me on Steam
I am running somewhat late, due to mysterious cosmic events of profound but unexplained significance that have demanded my attention. Season 8 will begin shortly, or perhaps even sooner!
Season 8 has now begun! This time we have 27 players across four divisions, and the new players have been added to the league in the order in which they registered their participation. You can now start issuing challenges and playing your matches - click here to see the league tables.
Important: each player has the responsibility of challenging every player above him/her in the appropriate division. That means that, for instance, Ritashi in division 2 has to issue two challenges: to CMaster and brocklehurst.
If you are unsure who you should be challenging, look at the second tab on the spreadsheet. You need to issue a challenge for each game in which you are Player 1. If you're still unsure, post in this thread or send me a PM.
Game rules and league procedures
1) Each game must conform to the following settings:
Mode: Dark Elimination
Map type: symmetrical
Turn limit: eight turns
Turn duration: five seconds per turn (i.e. 5000 milliseconds - this is the default setting)
Visibility: vis at time zero
Team strength: four men per player, including at least one rocket launcher or grenadier
Any game that does not conform to these rules will be void and must be replayed. You may not reuse maps - a new map must be generated for each challenge. Please see the next post if you're not sure how to create a game with the correct settings, and post in this thread if you are in any doubt.
2) After creating each game on server UK1, the challenger must state the challenge in this thread. Format: "[Player1] has challenged [Player2] in game [game ID]".
Example: "ColOfNature has challenged WombatDeath in game 123456".
3) After each game has been completed, the player accepting the challenge must report the result in this thread. Standard format: "[Victorious player] has defeated [defeated player] in game [game ID] by [number of men killed by victorious player] men killed to [number of men killed by defeated player]".
Example: "ColOfNature has defeated WombatDeath in game 123456 by 4 men killed to 2".
In the event of a draw, the format is "[Challenging player] and [challenged player] have drawn in game [game ID], killing [number of men killed per player] men each."
Example: "ColOfNature and WombatDeath have drawn in game 123456, killing 3 men each".
I will update the spreadsheet with the result of each game.
4) Challengers may start issuing their challenges from today (Tuesday 13 March). All games must be completed by the end of Sunday 25 March (GMT).
5) We're all reasonable people, probably, so some flexibility will be applied. If you're going to be on holiday, or dead, or otherwise restricted in your availability, please post in this thread and we will try to accommodate you as far as is reasonably practical.
6) Try to start your games in the first week and finish them early. Players leaving it to the last minute to issue a challenge or submit orders risk forfeiting the game. If any game is unfinished by the deadline I will use my discretion and award points to one, both or neither player, depending on the circumstances.
7) At the end of the season the final results will be used to determine the divisions for season 8, according to a fiendishly cunning set of rules which I will arbitrarily put together at some point.
8) Any circumstances not catered for in these rules will be handled according to some combination of common sense, consensus, whimsy and iron-fisted authoritarianism.
Finally, a polite reminder that although PMing your email address to me is optional, it will make organisation easier so please consider doing so if you haven't already.
How to create a game with the correct settings
This may be useful to those newer to Frozen Synapse:
1) Log in to server UK1.
2) Click the 'Multiplayer' button at the top of the screen
3) Click 'Create a game'
4) Set the game mode to Dark Extermination
5) Click the 'Advanced setup' button
6) Ignore the scary warning and click 'OK'
7) Click the 'Generate symmetrical' button
8) If you get a silly map, or if you don't have four men per side (including at least one rocket launcher or grenadier), go back to (7) and repeat until you're happy.
9) Click the 'Submit' button
10) Ensure that the 'Game mode' is set to 'Extermination'
11) Ensure that the 'Vis mode' is set to 'Vis at time zero'
12) Ensure that the 'Turn limit' is set to 8 (and the 'Turn length' to 5000, which is the default)
13) Enter your opponent's username
14) Enter 'RPS Dark Extermination League' or something suitable so that your opponent knows it's for this league
15) Click the 'Submit' button
16) Take your first turn and note the challenge in this thread, using the format in point 2 of the post directly above this one.
By the way, season 8 will be the first Wombat-free season! This is not because I got my arse handed to me last season on a plate made of explosives and shrapnel, but because Mrs Wombat and I are going to Egypt on Friday to celebrate ten years of not yet having murdered each other. But do not be alarmed! ColOfNature has kindly agreed to mind the abattoir in my absence and I have no doubt that he will follow the same path of avuncular benevolence, by which I mean shameless abuse of authority, that I have walked over the last few months.
Also, he's done something magical to the spreadsheets so that the results are updated just by him thinking about them. I don't understand it at all but I assume that if you mess him about he can and will slay you from half a world away on a fleeting whim. So be warned.
Why the hate for silly maps?
Anyway, I've challenged DeVadder in game 482145.
Happy anniversary to the Wombats!
gotem has challenged DeVadder in game 482169
gotem has challenged bonuswavepilot in game 482171
bonuswavepilot has challenged DeVadder in game 482281.
Bellowhead has challenged playthatfunkytuba in game 482285,
Bellowhead has challenged spacein_vader in game 482286,
Bellowhead has challenged MarvinPA in game 482287.
Good luck everyone!
leegeorg07 has challeneged devadder in game 42311
Have a nice holiday Wombat, and good luck to everyone else.
First finished report, wohooo
iwem.xo obliterated DeVadder in game 482145 by 4 men killed to 1.
Oh I am so glad I ended up in the same division as iwem.xo again, it's REVENGE-TIME!
Henke has challenged DeVadder in game 482408
Henke has challenged bonuswavepilot in game 482410
Henke has challenged gotem in game 482411
Henke has challenged jsutcliffe in game 482868
(EDIT: changed number of my game against jutcliffe from 482412 to 482868)
Henke has challenged iwem.xo in game 482406
ur all cordially invited to have ur butts whupped what what ok thats enough trashtalk maybe I should get around to actually playing the first turns of these games as well!
Last edited by Henke; 14-03-2012 at 02:11 PM.
leegeorg07 has challenged bonuswavepilot in game 482407
leegeorg07 has challenged gotem in game 482409
leegeorg07 has challenged jsutcliffe in game 482413
leegeorg07 has challenged iwem.xo in game 482414
leegeorg07 has challenged henke in game 482416
Let's get this on!