Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast
    Wait, wait, wait,
    are you telling me i have more points than fumarole?!

More points than fumarole, won my game with Lagnut, it appears the game is broken.

Quote Originally Posted by ColOfNature View Post
    Haven't heard from Womby for a while so I brung the spreadsheet up to date.
    Thanks! Sorry to all for my absence; a combination of plague and job interviewing has kept me from your warm, explosive embrace. We seem to be reaching some sort of overall conclusion to this marathon, so let's keep it going a bit longer and see if we can wrap it up by the weekend.

Aside from the outstanding matches involving lagnut and ptft, we're awaiting results from:

iwem.xo vs. Xune
    iwem.xo vs. DeVadder
    leegeorg07 vs, jsutcliffe
    leegeorg07 vs. Capernatious

Any progress to report there? It looks as though the championship will most likely be between iwem and Xune, barring some odd results, so looking forward to that game in particular.
    Last edited by WombatDeath; 16-04-2012 at 10:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WombatDeath View Post
    job interviewing
    Hey, you too?

Anyway, thanks for cutting me some slack. I'll make some progress tomorrow.

Network Hub
    Haha, like the end to this match between cimethink and ptft

"Let's shake on it"

Hopefully one of the DLC modifiers will be to allow RPG's to target the floor.
    Last edited by Xune; 17-04-2012 at 01:05 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Yeah, two rounds in everyone else was dead. Not much to do at that point other than my rocketdance.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Quote Originally Posted by DeVadder View Post
    Wait, wait, wait,
    are you telling me i have more points than fumarole?!

More points than fumarole, won my game with Lagnut, it appears the game is broken.
    Not so fast. I'll get 2 points by lagnut's default so you have to get past iwem.xo to validate my/the game's brokenness. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Xune View Post
    Haha, like the end to this match between cimethink and ptft
    Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    Yeah, two rounds in everyone else was dead. Not much to do at that point other than my rocketdance.
    My rocketeer just looks like the nutter in films who keeps shooting impotently, long after the fight is over.
    Who shot first? Probably not me - I'm rubbish.

jsutcliffe has defeated playthatfunkytuba in game 490490 by 4 men killed to 1.

I see a pattern emerging here...
    Who shot first? Probably not me - I'm rubbish.

Network Hub
    Xune has defeated iwen.xo in game 492570, 2 - 0

I think Ode to Joy stared playing in my head when that hail mary grenade took out your grenadier, if not I was easily looking at loosing those lower three units. I was also pretty chuffed when that double MG decoy worked early on, I was so sure you would have been ignoring the high MG. Lastly, a big Grrrr for that grenade I fired in turn three, I knew you'd ty to get at least oe unit back there but the detonation was just too late.

I'm curious, what are all the blue glowing squares all over the map? At first I thought my backgrounds were bugged.

Those are zones your opponent is either focusing on or ignoring. The fun is deciding which it is.

Network Hub
    Zones? I've played through the singleplayer on and off since January and I don't remember coming across that command. Also, if they're iwem's orders, should I be seeing them?

I believe you should be seeing them as they've been part of the game since beta. I don't use them myself though.

Network Hub
    Oh, ok. Cheers :)

I've had a look through the order menu again and found nothing but I did turn this up in a google search: http://fs.error420.com/wiki/Zones

"To create a zone move the cursor to one corner of the zone you want to create, hold down the 'T' key on the keyboard and drag the cursor to the opposite corner. When you release 'T' the zone will be created. There is currently no interface for this so you will not see a preview while sizing the zone. Multiple zones can overlap each other freely."

I think I'll make do without for now, my current technique seems to be working fine.

I usually use them to ignore the dudes just behind cover. In that match I was trying to do something clever at the start with my MG and ignoring specific areas where your distraction dudes would most likely be. That or distract you with that many squares. I forget.
    There's so many overlapping because the zone drawing fucking SUCKS. It's not at all unusual to have to draw zones twice, because it only started drawing when you were about halfway in the movement.
    Anyway, yeah. Lots of useless zones because I prefer to be able to use them without immediately giving the other guy an idea of where I'm headed.

Hey wait, I lost? :(
    Bleh, I did turn 7 without really thinking it through. It never even occurred to me that you might have him continue on sight to escape. I think I'm up for a break from FS after this.

iwem.xo beat DeVadder in 492953, 4:1
    Lucky shotgun move at the end. I didn't sim your units there, and if the timing had been off by .2 seconds you would've gotten away.

Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    Not so fast. I'll get 2 points by lagnut's default so you have to get past iwem.xo to validate my/the game's brokenness. :)
    So much to that.

Is ptft still playing? I think my victory/defeat against him will decide the ginormoleague victor.

Also, when was the deadline again?

Network Hub
    I wouldn't bet on it, I haven't seen challenges issued from ptft yet.

I've crunched some numbers and I think you've won this on GD, so let me be the first to offer you my congratulations.

It's been a fun, if drawn out, event however, I look forward to getting back to the more compact leagues in a week or two.

I think that it'd be a shame to settle this on goal difference when we have unfinished matches; the epic slog deserves better than victory by forfeiture. I am therefore formally abusing my position of authority to declare a deciding rematch between iwem.xo and Xune, to be issued by iwem.xo under the standard rules. Best of luck to you both, and may the least-exploded man win!

As for the future, I think we could all do with a break (god knows I'm knackered and I didn't even participate). Season 9 will start at some point within the next few weeks when everyone's had time for a bit of a breather; in the meantime I think we'll have a non-Extermination competition to keep things ticking over.