[AAR] Tactical Tuesday 06/03/2012 - Come Snow, Sleet or Storm

Today 22 fine comrades braved a gamut of weather conditions to achieve glory in the following missions:
    • Ivory Hunt
    • Grand Theft Aero
    • Roundabout
    • Cholo

Ivory Hunt was a surprise success - despite the mission being set to expert difficulty, a hastily assembled ambush managed to quickly dispatch the opposing force in pouring rain.

Heavy fog in Grand Theft Aero necessitated a slow-but-steady approach, which worked in our favour. Both Hueys were secured and at least one barracks destroyed.

Roundabout was a long meat grinder which somehow resulted in a pyrrhic victory - a series of fortifications were cleared but only three men made it to the final village, where two fell and the last was without legs.

Cholo was a night assault but rain prevented the attackers from seeing anything. An excessive number of police officers (2:1 ratio was not maintained :|) managed to execute all the gang members without a single loss. What a shame.

Remember, Folk Sundays are also nights for excellent organised missions with a slightly different crowd.
    Last edited by Nullkigan; 06-03-2012 at 11:32 PM.
    Mumble :: Thread :: Click to Join

I should have some decent footage up in the near future. Here's a teaser.
    Clips are fully loaded, and then blood floods the lawn

Obscure Node
    Excellent session.
    I got totally lost at the start of Ivory Hunt,missed the ambush,wound up behind the convoy, but got shot before i could do any damage!
    Grand Theft Aero was really good again,the fog was very atmospheric.I was ftl and after some confusion as to who was in charge we completed the objectives with no losses to our fire team, if i remember correctly.
    Roundabout.After last weeks clusterf#ck of an attempt at this mission,we very almost aced this one!
    Our squad lead quazi bit a bullet attacking the checkpoint so i took over.Excellent commanding by joe(i think)got us very near to the end point.A stubborn sniper and an absoloute maniac Russian rpg guy took a heavy toll.I was on my way to kill him when i think the sniper got me.(15 kills,not bad work!)
    Love this mission,very good,a classic.Want to play it again soon!
    Missed cholo as work called.
    Any recommendations on fraps or better alternatives?Thinking of videoing our games as i have a beasty p.c now!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    Fraps is probably the best, but it costs money. I think harakka uses MSI Afterburner, seems like a good alternative.

Yeah, I use fraps. I might start recording missions when I'm at the events. I've got a dream of cutting together many peoples viewpoints of the missions to get a decent feel for what's going on, but there are issues with sending big videos across the net, unless a few fraps/afterburner owners are willing to get handbrake and convert it to a tiny file for editing?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Innocent View Post
    You, sir, are awesome.
    I spew words about Videogames, SEO and general geekery at Jaketucker.com

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushcat View Post
    .A stubborn sniper and an absoloute maniac Russian rpg guy took a heavy toll.
    That is a bit too harsh. Being called russian. I got lost after we went down to lake , and once I realized where I should be , I went to your location. But I got arrow in the knee and fell off the cliff.

As promised, heres's the full version of Roundabout.

And yes, I use Afterburner, mostly because it's free and it works.

Dw, I record pretty much all the missions we play anyway so just say the word any time you want my videos :) though most of them are boring.

As an added bonus, here's a vid of our post-TacTues, post-apocalyptic late night Chernarus roadtrip.
    Last edited by harakka; 07-03-2012 at 05:34 PM.
    Clips are fully loaded, and then blood floods the lawn

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by hurvo View Post
    That is a bit too harsh. Being called russian. I got lost after we went down to lake , and once I realized where I should be , I went to your location. But I got arrow in the knee and fell off the cliff.
    I meant the nutcase a.i defending the road,not you Hurvo!

Obscure Node

Red face

It was just a joke. I am really thankful that you guys organize these events, thats a rare opportunity to play for me since PCGamer quit on arma sessions. :D I am looking forward for next week.