Page 26 of 176 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676126 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pkt-zer0 View Post
    It uses an interceptor to modify D3D calls, supposedly.
    Nifty. I wonder how that would influence performance though.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    A friend of mine tested the ARRRRRRRRRR version before buying, gave me some quick impressions:

-Camera movement with the mouse is horrible.
    -Control with a 360 pad is spot-on (duh).
    -The game does move more fluidly than in the PS3.
    -It looks a wee bit better than the PS3 version.
    -The game truly feels like it was designed around 30 FPS, now that it's in a machine that can move it properly; most of the time you can't tell it's limited to 30 FPS.
    -Had some really minor slowdowns during the first boss encounter, when the boss does a move that rises quite a bit of smoke.

He's running a Quad Core q6600 4GB RAM with an nVidia 460. No overclocking.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    A friend of mine tested the ARRRRRRRRRR version before buying, gave me some quick impressions:

-Control with a 360 pad is spot-on (duh).
    -The game does move more fluidly than in the PS3.
    -It looks a wee bit better than the PS3 version.
    -The game truly feels like it was designed around 30 FPS, now that it's in a machine that can move it properly; most of the time you can't tell it's limited to 30 FPS.
    -Had some really minor slowdowns during the first boss encounter, when the boss does a move that rises quite a bit of smoke.

He's running a Quad Core q6600 4GB RAM with an nVidia 460. No overclocking.
    Sounds exactly like what I hoped for and expected. LOL about the terrible mouse controls. Have fun, all you dudes who have sworn to never touch a vile heathen game pad.

I think that in the spirit of jolly cooperation, I will make a Sunbro tonight and hang out near the Bell Gargoyles to give all the newbs a hand.
    "What were we talking about? Pegasuses, pegasii, that's horses with wings. This motherf*cker got a sword that talks to him. Motherf*cker live in places that don't exist, it comes with a map. My God."

Quote Originally Posted by db1331 View Post
    I think that in the spirit of jolly cooperation, I will make a Sunbro tonight and hang out near the Bell Gargoyles to give all the newbs a hand.
    That sounds like a jolly good idea! I had this on the xbox, but never had the chance to play it online because I object to the idea of paying for it. Looking forward to getting the full experience tonight!

Yeah Raut, that sounds like exactly what most of us were saying. It is going to perform just a bit better than the console version. The difference being those who feel that is acceptable and those who feel it isn't.
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    That's a pretty broad statement.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by db1331 View Post
    Sounds exactly like what I hoped for and expected. LOL about the terrible mouse controls. Have fun, all you dudes who have sworn to never touch a vile heathen game pad.
    I've never seen anyone claim they wouldn't touch a gamepad, ever. Not once.

It's the other way around with peasants insisting on using a pad in shooters. (have fun, all you dudes who blablabla)

No pc gamer minds using a controller in fighting games/platformers or hell even racing games if they don't have a wheel.
    I know several people who are passionate about not using a shitty gamepad in shooters, but all of them use controllers in street fighter/renegade ops/SMB etc.

Anyhow, just came here to laugh at the fact that some random guy added proper resolution support in less than half an hour.
    I'll draw my conclusions about the effort the devs put in and add the famous words 'a man is only as good as his word' for these lying sons of bitches.
    Last edited by Finicky; 23-08-2012 at 08:13 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    23 minutes after release, a resolution fix is created.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...&postcount=686

Also, FXAA injector on its way.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Installing now, apparently I have to wait four hours to play, because, timezones.

Looking forward to some getting online to provide some serious helpful phantom assistance at the gargoyles and capra.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post

It's the other way around with peasants insisting on using a pad in shooters. (have fun, all you dudes who blablabla)

No pc gamer minds using a controller in fighting games/platformers or hell even racing games if they don't have a wheel.
    I know several people who are passionate about not using a shitty gamepad in shooters, but all of them use controllers in street fighter/renegade ops/SMB etc.

Anyhow, just came here to laugh at the fact that some random guy added proper resolution support in less than half an hour.
    I'll draw my conclusions about the effort the devs put in and add the famous words 'a man is only as good as his word' for these lying sons of bitches.
    This very thread is full of people saying they wouldn't buy it if the mouse controls were bad, because they didn't want to use a game pad. Those people are just as ridiculous as the people who play shooters with a game pad.
    "What were we talking about? Pegasuses, pegasii, that's horses with wings. This motherf*cker got a sword that talks to him. Motherf*cker live in places that don't exist, it comes with a map. My God."

Network Hub
    Also, some people apparently managed to unlock the FPS, but the game supposedly runs incredibly fast if you do e.g. the animation keys and gameplay mechanics seem to be designed around a 30FPS barrier, so I don't think there will be a quick fix for that soon xD

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    My copy is on it's way by post. Better be worth it, there's too many games I want as it is. Alpha Polaris and Frozen Synapse are out soon, and in October there's Dishonored, X-Com, and Of Orcs and Men.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Well, I won't touch a gamepad. But not out of some principle, just because I'm more competent with mouse and keyboard controls, even if they aren't very good. I'd use a joystick though.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NathanH View Post
    Well, I won't touch a gamepad. But not out of some principle, just because I'm more competent with mouse and keyboard controls, even if they aren't very good. I'd use a joystick though.
    I know what you mean, with the PC they can feel as alien as using a laptop's touchpad instead of a mouse. Games which control better with a gamepad aren't going away though. Maybe it's time to break out of your comfort zone.

Yeah. I used to be like that (even beat PoP: Warrior Within with mouse/keyboard), but I eventually got an XBOX 360 controller for cheap to play emulated games (I love me some SNES games). Now I treat it as one of my default options and pretty much whip it out every time I play a GTA clone (aiming is harder, driving is MUCH easier).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I'm not interested in enough games that play better on controllers to be bothered to make that step yet,
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

I started using my xbox controller as a temporary joystick after I picked up Freespace 2 from GoG. Turns out it actually works pretty well. Now I usually whip it out for platformers and melee-centric third person games (Batman!) and the occasional space sim.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I use my 360 pad for AC, Batman, Bastion, Tomb Raider, Darksiders, and probably a lot more. It is better for driving in games like GTA and Saints Row, but not enough to warrant using it in shooting sections or even switching between it and KB+M on the fly. Basically I use it for any 3rd person game that doesn't require precise aiming, or has lots of platforming.

News: there's a fix for the frame-buffer resolution over at NeoGAF: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=488240

Ha. Looks like those of us who got it cheap-ish on GMG can't preload. Ah well, still registered with my account. Just means I won't be playing when I get off work tomorrow.