Page 124 of 176 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134174 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,480 of 3516
    There aren't a whole lot of weapons who's scaling changes drastically as you upgrade them are there? Does the scaling change at all? I know that in some weapons a C scaling can work out to be more than on another weapon's C scaling. At least, that's the impression I got - does this mean that the param bonus actually does go up marginally, and the only reason that most of them don't hop from D to C or C to B is because the scaling doesn't change enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post
    He's aggressive as hell yeah, took me 10 attempts to finally beat him.

I took my strongest weapon and just kept parrying and riposte him and he was dead in no time, heal when he tries to grab you.

As for weapons, I used a Black Knight Axe +5 which destroys everything.
    He's really strong in mélée but he is weak against magic... downed him in 4-5 homing crystal soul mass at 40 INT with dusk crown and the magic dragon ring after trying to down him by parrying. Felt like cheating...

Quote Originally Posted by db1331 View Post
    I give unto you the maddest of props. You're a god damned super hero.
    *Mostly* harmless

Apparently somebody finally put together a list of cut content: http://darksouls.wikidot.com/unused-content

That bear armor looks awesome.
    New! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Not so new anymore! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Nifty. King Jar El's armor is very reminiscent of Bonemold from Morrowind.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    The Four Kings sword looks insane and some of those rings could easily break the game I see.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

The ring of condemnation doesn't make a whole lot of sense:

This black diamond ring is granted to those who enter a Covenant with Velka, the Goddess of Sin.

It automatically counterattacks when its wearer inflicts sustained damage.
    Velka the Goddess of Sin is an eccentric witch versed in various secret rites.
    That makes it sound like you take damage yourself once you deal a certain amount of damage. Why would you want that?

Or I'm misunderstanding it and what it means is the other way around, inflicting damage on the enemy who damages the player. Doesn't exactly say that, though....

Activated Node
    I am still playing this. Playing through with a second character using a Dark Knight sword. This thing has been tearing through bosses.

Which weapon do you guys prefer when it comes to Halberds? I have both the halberd and Gargoyle halberd, they both seem to have good things about them. I enjoy the move set of both, very fast but powerful weapons.

Activated Node
    DATA 2013-05-11 16-22-19-24.jpg

Is there anything that can be done about this bug when using the minimised HUD overlay element of DSfix? (Boss HP bars not displaying correctly)

Cheers folks

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jockie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by popej View Post
    DATA 2013-05-11 16-22-19-24.jpg

Is there anything that can be done about this bug when using the minimised HUD overlay element of DSfix? (Boss HP bars not displaying correctly)

Cheers folks
    I get that bug too, no idea if there's a fix. I kind of like not knowing how much health they have though!

Started again today with a Dex character, because my previous one is on the xbox version. Using the Estoc until I can get hold of Rickard's Rapier in a while, might lay some int down so I can +15 the rapier and use crystal magic weapon. I like using the OP as hell DLC sorceries to one-shot invaders sometimes as well.
    I write about them video games at these locations

And on Twitter

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by motherpuncher View Post
    I am still playing this. Playing through with a second character using a Dark Knight sword. This thing has been tearing through bosses.

Which weapon do you guys prefer when it comes to Halberds? I have both the halberd and Gargoyle halberd, they both seem to have good things about them. I enjoy the move set of both, very fast but powerful weapons.
    I personally don't like the 'proper' halberds, their scaling is awful and their movesets feel clumsy. The Great Scythe and Lifehunt Scythe are both technically halberds though, both of those sacrifice a little bit of base damage for a more practical move set and much better scaling.

Quote Originally Posted by Jockie View Post
    I get that bug too, no idea if there's a fix. I kind of like not knowing how much health they have though!

Started again today with a Dex character, because my previous one is on the xbox version. Using the Estoc until I can get hold of Rickard's Rapier in a while, might lay some int down so I can +15 the rapier and use crystal magic weapon. I like using the OP as hell DLC sorceries to one-shot invaders sometimes as well.
    The regular halberd is the fastest hitting one. Gargoyle helps with poison/curse/bleed. I find the Great Scythe unusable outside of pvp. I've said before that BKH is the best pve weapon.
    Steam ID ; GFWL: alset85

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Just a word of warning, I've run into a hack type that I've never seen before in Dark Souls. Got my stats buggered, as well as making me unable to move and teleporting me to New Londo too. He's been harassing a lot of players apparently and is called FunTimeIsOver.

Someone even videoed an exchange with him and he's a bit odd:

Either way, just watch out if you're in Oolacile Township, and if he invades you, I recommend quitting. The trouble is he can just make a new GFWL account.
    steam: sketch

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sketch View Post
    Dude needs to work on his Solid Snake impression. I don't remember hearing the phlegm caught in David Hayter's throat.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sketch View Post
    Just a word of warning, I've run into a hack type that I've never seen before in Dark Souls. Got my stats buggered, as well as making me unable to move and teleporting me to New Londo too. He's been harassing a lot of players apparently and is called FunTimeIsOver.

Either way, just watch out if you're in Oolacile Township, and if he invades you, I recommend quitting. The trouble is he can just make a new GFWL account.
    Hate the hacks, love the hacker

Playing Dark Souls again. Finished my NG++++ yesterday, onwards to NG5+! Trying out different weapons I haven't used much so far. At the moment trying out the Chaos Blade, which adds to the challenge with a low-vitality dex build.

Quote Originally Posted by Drayk View Post
    He's really strong in mélée but he is weak against magic... downed him in 4-5 homing crystal soul mass at 40 INT with dusk crown and the magic dragon ring after trying to down him by parrying. Felt like cheating...
    HCSM & dusk crown ring & magic dragon ring IS cheating ;) Let me guess, tin crystallinization catalyst as well?

I found Artorias never that hard, but always a lot of fun to fight melee. Still having much more trouble with e.g. Four Kings (my SL1 char is stuck at 4 kings :() than I ever had with Arty.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    Apparently somebody finally put together a list of cut content: http://darksouls.wikidot.com/unused-content

That bear armor looks awesome.
    Cool! Also like the Shiva invasion, too bad there were not more invasions of NPC worlds like this in order to gain special weapons etc.

Quote Originally Posted by alset85 View Post
    The regular halberd is the fastest hitting one. Gargoyle helps with poison/curse/bleed. I find the Great Scythe unusable outside of pvp. I've said before that BKH is the best pve weapon.
    I'm just trying the Great Scythe but manage to get stuck on occasion in confined spaces. I like the reach, speed and damage, but probably not a weapon I'll be using on a regular basis.
    currently playing: Assetto Corsa

Steam/GFWL/PSN: namefinder

http://www.polygon.com/forums/dark-s...2-concept-arts

That ship looks great and some of the ruins seem to be channeling New Londo.
    New! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Not so new anymore! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

Quote Originally Posted by Makariel View Post

I found Artorias never that hard, but always a lot of fun to fight melee. Still having much more trouble with e.g. Four Kings (my SL1 char is stuck at 4 kings :() than I ever had with Arty.

If you're doing SL1 you should probably have good pyromancy by now; Ascended +5 with power within and great combustion makes quick work of them. I found it easier than my first playthrough with them, since I could kill them before any new ones showed up.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Man I can't wait for DS2. Very rarely do I have to have a game on launch day, but this is one of those times.
    "What were we talking about? Pegasuses, pegasii, that's horses with wings. This motherf*cker got a sword that talks to him. Motherf*cker live in places that don't exist, it comes with a map. My God."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    http://www.polygon.com/forums/dark-s...2-concept-arts

That ship looks great and some of the ruins seem to be channeling New Londo.
    I can't wait to engage in to a Dark Souls world again.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

God damn that castle and church get me interested! While it's essentially generic art in a way, due to the way DS is designed it will, more then likely, look like that as opposed to lovely concept art followed by a game where there is something sort of cool looking but disappointing when delivered.

Also just made a new Dex thing woman person. Been using the 60FPS mod and things are rather lovely. Has anyone come across any issue using that? Says you can possibly get banned and whatnot in the readme.txt with the DSfix.