Page 172 of 172 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172
Results 3,421 to 3,434 of 3434
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Malawi Frontier Guard View Post
    Dark Souls 2 has a ton of torches but no darkness.
    See The Gutter

And a few other areas where a torch would have been preferable (the Giants below Black Gulch come to mind).
    Last edited by gundato; 14-04-2014 at 11:19 PM.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Network Hub
    Regarding The Tomb of Giants and darkness nuisances: I looked this up, and you can indeed warp to\from the Patches bonfire. Do this to take a break from that area! And while you're at it, go get the sunlight maggot - it makes the Tomb a cakewalk, since you can see AND hold your shield.

I absolutely understand your complaints, don't necessarily agree with them but I can see your point - try being more flexible, though, looking up a wiki can help deal with the frustration without spoiling the thrill of Dark Souls. There are a lot of things that are VERY obscure so yeah, I think FROM was in a way counting on the community founding a knowledge base.

Activated Node
    There are two alternatives to the torch you're using. One is the Cast Light spell, which requires 14 int and an attunement slot (at least 10). The other is the Sunlight Maggot, which has very specific requirements. It's possible you can't get it anymore and you may never work out the correct order in time. If you've already done Lost Izalith, you're almost certainly too late.

The main advantage you have in the Tomb is simply the lack of attack range on everything. While holding the torch, you can see further than the enemies will attack you. Walk slowly, pick your targets carefully. You really can walk closer than anywhere else you'll go. You can run fire to boss with almost no combat, once you know where you're going. Working out where to go is the real challenge.

If you want a couple of hints:

When you see the trees/Ash Lake area, you're going in the right direction for the boss.

There is a second bonfire. If you reach the section above, you should turn back if you want it. The run from the first fire isn't arduous so it's not entirely necessary.

Until you know where you're going - identify an area large enough to fight in, put the torch away and retreat to it for the fight until you've cleared a new space. If you/your gear are good enough, you can fight most enemies in a tight circle without needing much space at all.

Exploring the level completely is very different to reaching the boss and there are a few tough sections that you can avoid if you want to simply move on.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Ahh so the ptches bonfire is warp enabled. that is good to know. I have not yet seen lost izalith so i may well look into the sunlight maggot. Or just warp out and break from the area. I have a shortcut that needs opening eventually and a ton of humanity to do it, so i may do a little farming or some suchfor that.

thanks for the info. much appreciated.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    The light spell is my generally favoured way to do the ToG, takes a bit of soul investment but doesn't touch my equipment slots.

Actually, the Sunlight Maggot doesn't need anything special. Regardless of if you have triggered the flag for the NPC it will be there. Tested it out on my NG+ run.
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Obscure Node
    Having just done tomb of giants I have to say it really was not cheesy and was enjoyable, probably only took me 2-3 hours for catacombs and tomb of giants, I quickly stopped using dodge (narrow ledges in darkness = stupid to roll) and equipped Havels armour, shield and ring with wolf ring, I fought my way through to explore and did Nito on second try with help from a summon, did it all with skull lantern edging my way forward.

Quickly realised most mobs can be ran past, also kill all the skellies in two hits as currently have zweihander+10/lightning+3, got to say this weapon feels WAY overpowered, can take big chunks off bosses and can two hit almost all mobs and effectively stunlocks anything smaller than a golem :P

What second weapon should I level up btw? just got queelags furysword as well as great scythe, lots of different halberds and spears as well.

Network Hub
    The furysword, scythe and BK halberd should all be fun and powerful weapons.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Prolar Bear View Post
    The furysword, scythe and BK halberd should all be fun and powerful weapons.
    Was never a fan of the BK halberd personally, the BK great axe on the other hand, that is a weapon.

The Furysword is basically my NG anti-Smough&Ornstein weapon. You can pretty easily get enough Demon Titanite to max it out and it tears them apart. Plus, the stats are low enough that you don't need to go too far out of your way, build-wise.

All the BK weapons hit VERY VERY hard and are great weapons on their own, although I am generally not a fan as I feel the stat requirements are more than they are worth.

Network Hub
    Agreed with the above. Though I think the BK weapons have nice scaling - their weaknesses lie in their weight (which shouldn't be a problem if you're looking to hit hard) and their strong charged attacks, which are too slow and telegraphed.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    The BKGS heavy attack is pretty nice on certain enemies and I like the weapon a lot in general, but the sword one is basically the button you press when you want to die.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Those fucking archers.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizlar View Post
    Those fucking archers.
    Obligatory post anytime someone mentions those archers:

http://i45.tinypic.com/29ora05.png
    "What were we talking about? Pegasuses, pegasii, that's horses with wings. This motherf*cker got a sword that talks to him. Motherf*cker live in places that don't exist, it comes with a map. My God."