Page 103 of 176 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,060 of 3516
    Spent 3 hours in Sen fortress. Took me while. I killed the Iron golem on my first attempt but died doing so. No big deal... I went to Anor Londo and then came back to buy stuff from Logan. I bought the soul spear... that i can't use... and the homing mass thingy, which disappointed me. How well.

My Balder sword is +10 and so is my scimitar, ready to be transformed as soon as i find a blacksmith.

EDIT: God damnit... the mimic I killed had the Lighting spear but died in the air and i couldn't retrieve is loot !
    Last edited by Drayk; 05-04-2013 at 07:54 AM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post
    But how will we communicate with kind adventurers who assist us defeating bosses? Correct me if I'm wrong but i don't recall steam having a message system that lets you send messages with people you play with.
    Yes, it'll be tragic to lose the ability to be called a "motherfucking no lifer faggot" or something similar every so often when I kill an invader.

I made it through Sen's Fortress as well. Had a small WTF moment when I saw the yuan-ti imposters for the first time. Undead and dragons I can deal with but where do those come from? At least I got lucky with the drops for once and I got both a flamberge and a man-serpent greatsword.
    In the end, I died a couple of times but it was no Blighttown. Iron golem was a pushover. He kicked me off the first time but then I got him.
    Old hat! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Antique! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Recently updated! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkFenix View Post
    Yes, it'll be tragic to lose the ability to be called a "motherfucking no lifer faggot" or something similar every so often when I kill an invader.
    Also, Steam DOES have messaging built in. And I recall getting spammed in the past, so there are definitely ways to allow non-friends to message you.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    I made it through Sen's Fortress as well. Had a small WTF moment when I saw the yuan-ti imposters for the first time. Undead and dragons I can deal with but where do those come from? At least I got lucky with the drops for once and I got both a flamberge and a man-serpent greatsword.
    In the end, I died a couple of times but it was no Blighttown. Iron golem was a pushover. He kicked me off the first time but then I got him.
    Flamberge is my favorite greatsword. Scales decently with dex and looks nice.

And yeah, Iron Golem is the easiest boss in the game, even without Iron Tarkus.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayk View Post
    Spent 3 hours in Sen fortress. Took me while. I killed the Iron golem on my first attempt but died doing so. No big deal... I went to Anor Londo and then came back to buy stuff from Logan. I bought the soul spear... that i can't use... and the homing mass thingy, which disappointed me. How well.

My Balder sword is +10 and so is my scimitar, ready to be transformed as soon as i find a blacksmith.

EDIT: God damnit... the mimic I killed had the Lighting spear but died in the air and i couldn't retrieve is loot !
    If it makes you feel any better, the lightning spear is really only useful for getting you through Sen's Fortress. Since you've already killed the iron golem, I wouldn't sweat it too much.
    "What were we talking about? Pegasuses, pegasii, that's horses with wings. This motherf*cker got a sword that talks to him. Motherf*cker live in places that don't exist, it comes with a map. My God."

Quote Originally Posted by db1331 View Post
    If it makes you feel any better, the lightning spear is really only useful for getting you through Sen's Fortress. Since you've already killed the iron golem, I wouldn't sweat it too much.
    Indeed. In typical Dark Souls fashion, as soon as you get to Anor Londo, with access to lightning weaponry, you find the mobs there are resilient to it.

*Still got that Zwei btw pakoito. Hit me up on Live for the trade.
    Last edited by Memph; 05-04-2013 at 05:31 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Memph View Post
    Indeed. In typical Dark Souls fashion, as soon as you get to Anor Londo, with access to lightning weaponry, you find the mobs are resilient to it.
    Complete the game and get the Sunlight spear is what I would do.

Edit: Nevermind, thought you were talking about the spell lightning spear.
    Last edited by Ravelle; 05-04-2013 at 05:32 PM.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Quote Originally Posted by Memph View Post
    Indeed. In typical Dark Souls fashion, as soon as you get to Anor Londo, with access to lightning weaponry, you find the mobs are resilient to it.
    You will find better spears or the option to enchant your own weapons.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Yeah, I am gonna enchant my estoc with lighting.

I am still not sure what to do with the Ricard's rapier.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post
    Complete the game and get the Sunlight spear is what I would do.

Edit: Nevermind, thought you were talking about the spell lightning spear.
    I got the Sunlight Spear on my NG+ guy just for the heck of it, but damn, I'm still nowhere near the stat reqs for it. I wasted too many levels on getting all my stats up to use Artorias' Greatsword (Non-cursed version).
    "What were we talking about? Pegasuses, pegasii, that's horses with wings. This motherf*cker got a sword that talks to him. Motherf*cker live in places that don't exist, it comes with a map. My God."

Quote Originally Posted by db1331 View Post
    I got the Sunlight Spear on my NG+ guy just for the heck of it, but damn, I'm still nowhere near the stat reqs for it. I wasted too many levels on getting all my stats up to use Artorias' Greatsword (Non-cursed version).
    Yeah, when I made my character I had no idea what to make and just played the game and built my character to my weapons requirements, it was only late in the game I learned about faith requirements. I had to get my int and faith up to 18 near the end of the game which was a pain to do.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    If you need to farm souls, kill the Phalanx in the painted world, good amount and very quick.
    steam: sketch

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Sketch View Post
    If you need to farm souls, kill the Phalanx in the painted world, good amount and very quick.
    This. Was doing this a few days back with the silver ring and mimic hat, it gave 12k+ souls per run, each run taking less than a minute. All you need is something with a bit of an AoE, originally I did this with Wrath of God, kills the whole spawn in a couple of casts. The other day I was doing it with my +15 Great Scythe, those sweeping attacks work wonders.

After killing roughly 50-60 silver knights, the only thing I can do better than ripostes is fumbling ripostes.
    Oh, I killed Ornstein and Smough, too. It was more of an accident, really. I only wanted to summon Solaire but I summoned another player instead and said other player turned out to be insanely powerful. I have no idea what he was doing but he killed the big guards in 1-2 hits. Even when I cast Power Within and used my lightning iaito he seemed to outdamage me by far.
    I think the whole bossfight lasted about two minutes tops.
    Old hat! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Antique! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Recently updated! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    After killing roughly 50-60 silver knights, the only thing I can do better than ripostes is fumbling ripostes.
    Oh, I killed Ornstein and Smough, too. It was more of an accident, really. I only wanted to summon Solaire but I summoned another player instead and said other player turned out to be insanely powerful. I have no idea what he was doing but he killed the big guards in 1-2 hits. Even when I cast Power Within and used my lightning iaito he seemed to outdamage me by far.
    Well the Iaito is on the low end of the scale of weapon damage, my Balder Side Sword character had a similar experience of the big enemies, sure I could hit them fast but I didn't do much damage. Once you're confident with enemy attack patterns though it's pretty easy to two-hand a large weapon, which can and will butcher almost anything in a couple of hits if you know your openings.

I was able to kill the guards in two-3 hits as well with my Black Knight Great Axe, or one if you jump on them from the staircases.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkFenix View Post
    Well the Iaito is on the low end of the scale of weapon damage, my Balder Side Sword character had a similar experience of the big enemies, sure I could hit them fast but I didn't do much damage. Once you're confident with enemy attack patterns though it's pretty easy to two-hand a large weapon, which can and will butcher almost anything in a couple of hits if you know your openings.
    I love my Balder Swords (not the time spent getting them), but aye the Royal Guards in particular are a bloody pain for Dexers, what with their leap-away healing and 2-handing a dex weapon does next to naff all for damage output. Found I can wedge between them and their shield and wail away, but it's risky as that shield slam takes damn near a full stamina bar if blocked and it's almost impossible to dodge without knockback. Way easier to 2-shot them with a heavier weapon.
    Last edited by Memph; 06-04-2013 at 12:51 PM.

Network Hub
    Any suggestions for the 4 kings? I'm using the Greatsword +15, and I've been trying to two-hand it. The run from the bonfire, even with the shortcut, sucks. I'm thinking about doing the catacombs to get the secret rite so I can kindle bonfires past 10.

Quote Originally Posted by gganate View Post
    Any suggestions for the 4 kings? I'm using the Greatsword +15, and I've been trying to two-hand it. The run from the bonfire, even with the shortcut, sucks. I'm thinking about doing the catacombs to get the secret rite so I can kindle bonfires past 10.
    Rite of kindling would be quite a boon for that fight, I'd certainly agree to run with that idea.
    High poise is a must so you can tank hits as you heal up. A few Havels pieces should give enough defense for this.
    They are weak to fire (afaik anyway, i'd resin-buff a standard weapon than use a fire one though).
    If you summoned Witch Beatrice for the Moonlight Flutterby, you'll find her summon sign round the last pillar to the right of the fog gate.
    What also helped me a great deal is to fall down and just stand there at first, buff up as needed and let the first one come to you, so that the next one doesn't spawn on top of you.

edit: Oh and there's a shorter shortcut, than the now active lift. As you enter NLR, leg it past the 2 ghosts, past the base of the steps and follow round to the left. Off the ledge you can drop onto a wall, drop from there into the shallow water, hang a right and you're right outside the building before the Abyss entrance. Only 4 Darkwraiths and 2 ghosts to deal with or avoid.

Happy to co-op if needed and within level range. I'm 61 atm.
    Last edited by Memph; 06-04-2013 at 02:40 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Start from bonfire in cave in Darkroot. Use elevator to go near Valley of Drakes. Equip Fog Ring (it's not neccessary but helps a lot), run past drakes, kill some knights in your way, then run to fog gate. After that you're safe. Change equipment (don't forget Ring of Artorias) etc. Go two-handed. Jump down the void. Look around to see where King is spawning. Run as close as possible to him, his attacks would do almost nothing to you (I think he was damaging me with ~50 dmg each hit). Use greatsword to send him to hell. Heal between each King. Look around to find next King and do the same thing etc.

I was surprised how easy this fight was.

Now I'm doing AoA quest. After that I will need only to kill Bed of Chaos and Gwyn to finish it.
    Finally, I've started playing this game 8-9 months ago. 60 hours so far. Still first playthrough, lol.