Page 104 of 174 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,080 of 3477
    Quote Originally Posted by GameCat View Post
    Start from bonfire in cave in Darkroot.
    I use that one when chunk farming, but rushing for the boss it's slower and dangerouser, with 5 drakes and no less than 8 (out of 11) Darkwraiths in the way, plus the two wall-ninja ghosts.
    Last edited by Memph; 06-04-2013 at 02:50 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    With Fog Ring you must fight only with 2-3 Darkwraiths, you can run past other enemies, especially when you will equip Havel's Ring and wear light armor. You can change gear after entering Fog Gate, it's a safe place.

Network Hub
    Thanks for the tips. Haha, I think both of you are lower level than me, I think I'm 74. Not sure I planned my character that well. I was stupid halfway through the game and fed some good weapons to kingseeker frampt.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gganate View Post
    Any suggestions for the 4 kings? I'm using the Greatsword +15, and I've been trying to two-hand it. The run from the bonfire, even with the shortcut, sucks. I'm thinking about doing the catacombs to get the secret rite so I can kindle bonfires past 10.
    Stay close, be careful for their grab attack. Chop, smash or hack away!
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Killed Sif. Fairly easy. I got him on my second try. Poor bastard...

Now in anor londo. Must get by those f@#)ing archers ! I.ll try a third Time tonight.

Just discovered that chainmail is actually rather spiffy. Ignored it until now, being some of the first stuff you come across I assumed naffness; and it's fugly as sin on the miserable guy at Firelink. That wrecking ball swinging bast in Oolacile dungeon happened to drop it and I noticed the top alone doesn't look too shabby, so blew my spare mats upgrading. It weighs a measly 6 and outperforms every other medium chestpiece i'm carrying for physical defense, including the Dark and Ornstein's, which is double the weight. I have this top, Dark legs and hands (for looks more than anything) with thief's mask and can take a headbutt from Kalameet, barely losing half health. Can even fast roll with Havel's ring - something I count on so often it's almost unbearable to be above 25% load now.
    Last edited by Memph; 07-04-2013 at 04:38 AM.

Network Hub
    Just tried the four kings, beat them easily with two golden pine resins and by two handing my Greatsword. I got lucky and didn't get grabbed the entire fight.

The stat scaling starts to suck past 40, right? I'm at 40 strength, 28 vitality, and 30-something endurance. Are my souls best spent on upgrading pyromancy (attenument, or whatever it's called), dexterity (I'm at 15, higher would let me use dex weapons better), or just on upgrading gear?

The stat scaling starts to suck past 40, right? I'm at 40 strength, 28 vitality, and 30-something endurance. Are my souls best spent on upgrading pyromancy (attenument, or whatever it's called), dexterity (I'm at 15, higher would let me use dex weapons better), or just on upgrading gear?
    Pyromancy doesn't use any Stats* (I don't think**), but rather uses the upgrade level of your pyromancy flame. So, like you have DEX based weapons, STR based weapons, and weapons that have no Stat scaling (Elemental Ascendency paths remove stat scaling, so the power of the weapon is based on its upgrade level), you also have FAITH based magic (miracles), INTELLIGENCE based magic (sorcery), and equipment based magic (pyromancy).

Attunement just determines the number of slots you have available for spells... so if you're wanting to use pyromancies more heavily, invest in that, get it to 12 and you can have 2 spells memorised, and upgrade your flame aswell (it can be very, very expensive to do this though, 340,500 souls to get it from normal +0 to Ascended +5). If you're just using pyromancy alongside melee, upgrade your flame (either with Laurentius, Eingyi or Quelaana), but don't bother with the attunement, I'd say.

I don't know about all stats, but yes, some do 'cap' out at 40. Endurance, for example, only increases Equip load after 40, and not Stamina bar, which is maxed at 160 (lvl40).

* Exception being Chaos Pyromancies, which scale with Humanity, maybe.

** The Pyromancy Flame and/or Ascended Flame do show an Intelligence scaling of S, I believe. However, this does not affect the Pyromancies that the flame casts, but only affects the Flame's melee strong attack, and the fire damage it causes.
    Last edited by Unaco; 06-04-2013 at 07:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    I just have an opinion different to your own. Circle jerking is good for no one, be glad somebody isn't afraid to disagree with women on the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    No, you are literally the cancer that is killing gaming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    Nobody's ever lost sleep over being called a cracker.

If you're invested in Strength, Dex weapons will be quite rubbish, unless you want to wield a particular one with elemental upgrades, or split str/dex and use something with middling scaling on both.

From what I've read 40 is indeed the point for diminishing returns on most, if not all stats. At that stage it appears to be decision time if you really want to focus on more, albeit little flat-damage, or split/round off your character into other stats. Also, consider if you wish to remain a reasonable level for co-op or pvp.

I'd definitely recommend upgrading Pyromancy as it's free to use, with no stat requirement burdens (bar attunement, as Unaco said - although dexterity can slightly increase casting speeds, in my experience it's negligible), should you ever want or need it. Mind out that once Bed of Chaos is down, the only NPC that can ascend your glove from +15 will be gone (*edit: sorry this is wrong. was the case for my one character, but this run she stayed put until I bought all her guff and 'handed in' the quest to slay BoC).
    I'd also upgrade my gear as far as it'll go, at least if you plan to new game+.

Brief note on Power Within - if this is the only Pyromancy used, it's apparently best to not upgrade your glove, as this increases the damage you take, but not the damage output increase of the spell.
    Last edited by Memph; 08-04-2013 at 11:58 AM.

Pyromancy is the game's failsafe mechanism. Even if you completely screw up your build you can always become a world-class pyromancer. That said, pyromancy is very hard to master and aiming with them is an art. Still worth it for the couple of buffs you don't have to aim such as Power Within, Iron Flesh or Flash Sweat.
    to wound the autumnal city.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Any suggestions for the 4 kings? I'm using the Greatsword +15, and I've been trying to two-hand it. The run from the bonfire, even with the shortcut, sucks. I'm thinking about doing the catacombs to get the secret rite so I can kindle bonfires past 10.
    Basically kindle to at least 10 estus (I only needed 10, but 15 or even 20 can't hurt) and grab some of the stamina regenerating grass. If you are a pyromancer, Power Within is a godsend for this fight (on NG, not so much NG+). And then just wail on them.

And get some gear with good magic defense.

As mentioned, Beatrice is helpful in that she helps to do a bit more damage on NG and might take a few hits that were otherwise meant for you.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

I think summoning Beatrice is the biggest mistake you can make for that fight. The boss gets an overall 50% bonus health, and I also think there is less time between kings appearing. Any summon at all is only useful if he pulls his own weight, otherwise it just makes the fight harder for you.

edit: Other than that the only way to beat them reliably and in time is to get gud as it were. Stay close, learn their attack patterns and dodge in time while getting hits in after any big attack. Flip ring makes this fight a lot easier with the increased window of invulnerability. Run away any time they do a spin but this is basic stuff. The ranged magical attacks can be a bitch to avoid but that's why you have a shield.
    Last edited by alset85; 06-04-2013 at 10:27 PM.
    Steam ID ; GFWL: alset85

On NG, Beatrice is pretty useful. Yes, they get a boost, but they also go down a lot faster.

On NG+: NEVER use Beatrice for those very reasons.
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    I have a new Pyro but I find it really hard to play at the start, only 8 fireballs which doesn't do that much damage plus the range is awful.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Ok, I have the lordvessel.

I had troubles with Smouth and Ornstein... Killing one was easy... second one less. Plus running back and those sentinel and knights were a pain... I finally killed both with a fellow gamer + Solaire. Easy as pie. Solaire fought super Ornstein while the two of us used magic...

I now wearing Ornstein Armor... probably not the smartest idea because it's heavy but I love the look... (I am still using my ear wings for the magic boost :P)

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Managed to kill Artorias. This is probably most badass fight in Dark Souls. Constant dodging and slashing. I gave his soul to his friend.

I made it through the Demon Ruins and Lost Izalith and I can't say it was very entertaining. Waaay too many bossfights there and none of them were any good. The regular enemies also suddenly turned very random, not to mention the recycled capybara and taurus demons. Looks like they ran out of budget there.
    Next stop is the catacombs, I suppose.
    to wound the autumnal city.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    I made it through the Demon Ruins and Lost Izalith and I can't say it was very entertaining. Waaay too many bossfights there and none of them were any good. The regular enemies also suddenly turned very random, not to mention the recycled capybara and taurus demons. Looks like they ran out of budget there.
    Next stop is the catacombs, I suppose.
    They ran out of budget indeed. The high point of the game(Anor Londo) is behind you at this point and it's all downhill from here.

Oh don't forget to do the DLC for more top notch content.

Darkroot Forest is downhill?
    The Archives is downhill?

Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post

Darkroot Forest is downhill?
    The Archives is downhill?
    Well at this point you're past the hump of difficulty and it's never as exciting as O&S for the rest of the game(outside of the DLC). Those environments are nice and all but the gameplay doesn't get more interesting. It's a big reason you hardly get people to summon post AL. I'd argue even 4 Kings are easier than soloing O&S.