Page 112 of 176 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122162 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,240 of 3516
    just encountered Frampt for first time. is it just me or does he seem bit too comical?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jockie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    The good thing is, the harder the levels, the easier the bosses - and vice versa. Except for Anor Londo, I guess.
    The hardest boss in the game is clearly the Jump at Bed of Chaos. I have fluffed that so many times.
    I write about them video games at these locations

And on Twitter

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grasskit View Post
    just encountered Frampt for first time. is it just me or does he seem bit too comical?
    His counter part, Kaath is a bit more dark I believe.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Faldrath's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jockie View Post
    The hardest boss in the game is clearly the Jump at Bed of Chaos. I have fluffed that so many times.
    Whoever designed the jumping mechanic for Dark Souls should not be allowed near a videogame project again.

I'm rather chuffed upon discovering an almost foolproof way to nab Seath's tail.
    I'm running Intellect mainly, using spells, but not high level enough to use Soulspears and only 12 Str 10 Dex, thus hacking it off with a lightning longsword was taking forever - even the crystal shatter trick wasn't giving enough time to do the damage needed.

Remembered I'd ascended my Pyro glove, ran back in straight behind him, threw down Firestorm and grinned as my Moonlight Greatsword dropped instantly. Cheating? Maybe. Pleased anyway? Oh indeed.
    Last edited by Memph; 18-04-2013 at 12:09 AM.

Activated Node
    So looking into builds and weapon improvements has me all confused. I am not really a min/maxer, but I dont want to gimp myself. I rolled warrior and have been putting points into end, vit, str, and dex. Should I mix some pyromancy into there and how should I proceed with weapon choice. I like the faster weapons so I figure I will be focusing on Dex.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by motherpuncher View Post
    So looking into builds and weapon improvements has me all confused. I am not really a min/maxer, but I dont want to gimp myself. I rolled warrior and have been putting points into end, vit, str, and dex. Should I mix some pyromancy into there and how should I proceed with weapon choice. I like the faster weapons so I figure I will be focusing on Dex.
    Don't worry about it. If you have a small tolerance for grind and a minimal interest in PVP, you'll be able to play with everything you want to and figure out what your preferred playstyle is fairly quickly. PVP netcode is shit anyways (though, does anyone want to try setting up a Fight Club? Could be fun) so PVP is a pain in the arse, mostly in terms of waiting around and doing nothing. (At least for me. I haven't played around in Oolacile yet.) You may get invaded from time to time, but just take it as part of the experience. You are surrounded by more powerful beings who WILL fuck your shit up. Get used to it.

Activated Node
    I am mostly concerned with pve progression.

Mess around with two-handing a STR weapon (the stat requirements for two-handers are lower) and see if you like its feel. That way you won't necessarily see that you wasted your points later on. Resistance is a trash stat, you can get all of its effects from specific items and thoughtful gear selection. Especially when you look at the wiki so you know that that god-damned lightning spell is magic, not lightning. Unlike the actual lightning. Faith is used for miracles, Intelligence for sorcery, and Pyromancy is only affected by the ascension of your glove (the Pyromancy Flame) and not any stats. The weapon will show a grade scale (S, A, B, C, D, E) to denote which stats it scales best with. VIT maxes at 50 for practical purposes, after which the returns are minimal; END at 40, after which you only gain bleed resist and a higher equip burden; Attunement at 50.

I can't think of any compelling reason not to use some form of magic. The spells are varied and fun, but I mainly used the miracles to heal myself and take me back to the checkpoint/[Spoiler?]warp station[/Spoiler?].
    Last edited by sabrage; 18-04-2013 at 05:50 AM.

I really like the Moonlight greatsword. It scales amazingly well with INT + I tend to abuse the R2 attack...
    I still use other, lighter sword more often...

BTW I am at 36 int right now, any reason to put some more ?

Quote Originally Posted by db1331 View Post
    I give unto you the maddest of props. You're a god damned super hero.
    *Mostly* harmless

Quote Originally Posted by Drayk View Post
    BTW I am at 36 int right now, any reason to put some more ?
    http://darksouls.wikidot.com/intelligence

Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    does anyone want to try setting up a Fight Club? Could be fun
    That is a stonker of an idea and I like it. We could knock-up a Steam group for it or whatnot? I'd be so in.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jockie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Memph View Post
    That is a stonker of an idea and I like it. We could knock-up a Steam group for it or whatnot? I'd be so in.
    I'm up for this also. Oolacile Sorcery from PTD should be outright banned though.
    Last edited by Jockie; 18-04-2013 at 07:30 PM.
    I write about them video games at these locations

And on Twitter

Activated Node
    I was able to get a balder side sword today after a very short farming session. I hear good things about its thrust damage.

I'm up for this also. Oolacile Sorcery from PTD should be outright banned though.
    My primary concern is getting the connectivity and regional issues sorted out first. It seemed to me that DSCfix is largely geared towards co-operative play, though I'd love to be proven wrong. Judging by my proven aptitude in PVP thus far (that is to say, none) I think the issue of overpowered tactics can be tackled when we get there.

I'd say the DLC magic is just fine when there isn't significant lag involved but it could be in or out. But I'd prefer the target soul level to be 100 instead of the DeS carryover and console standard of 120 since it's more balanced and you can't have a character good at everything.

DSCfix has been used successfully in fight clubs since its release so I wouldn't worry about that.
    Steam ID ; GFWL: alset85

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    My experience with Dark Souls PvP is that, between two skilled players, it devolves into circle dodging/strafing until you can backstab or both players awkwardly staring at each other as they wait to parry.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    My experience with Dark Souls PvP is that, between two skilled players, it devolves into circle dodging/strafing until you can backstab or both players awkwardly staring at each other as they wait to parry.
    They mustn't have been very skilled then since there is a lot of nuance to the combat with feints, kicks and other methods to throw you opponent off.

The only tactic that is hard to combat in my experience is flip/roll backstabs from a seasoned opponent that can read your moves well in advance.
    Last edited by alset85; 19-04-2013 at 08:27 PM.
    Steam ID ; GFWL: alset85

Activated Node
    Yeah I think the backstab standoff is more of an intermediate level problem, but it can definitely be a problem. It's a mechanic that's much easier to use than it is to counter, and has enormous payoffs.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    I had to walk away from my computer a few times during the last levels of Dark Souls, but when it comes to the Bed of Chaos I never came back.