Page 47 of 174 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797147 ... LastLast
    Black Knight swords seem very powerful. What's the catch?
    Finally beat Chaos Witch Pob (or whatever her name was) after far, far too many tries. Most boss deaths I've had thus far, aside from the Taurus Demon, I've done through making silly mistakes. The Chaos Witch Was rather predicable in her attacks and she had low health, but it still took me god knows how many tries to kill her. I'm just bad at this.
    "Amazing chest ahead" indeed soapstone messages.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    You haven't seen the real "Amazing chest" yet. Not by a long shot.
    "What were we talking about? Pegasuses, pegasii, that's horses with wings. This motherf*cker got a sword that talks to him. Motherf*cker live in places that don't exist, it comes with a map. My God."

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by db1331 View Post
    This was me last night. I felt like crying when I just needed 1 more medal and was sent back to my world do to an unstable network connection while Super Ornstein had half health and was falling fast. Just make sure you have enough points in Attunement so that you have at least two miracle slots. Running around with 10 great lightning spears and 10 normal lightning spears is awesome. Also, in case you didn't already know, you need to get your Faith up to 30 to cast the great ones.
    3 to go now. I'm actually stupidly early in the game to be going for such powerful spells, I've not even entered the Depths yet (just got my 6th medal by going human and summoning a gold guy to do the Capra demon). I'm basically in windowed mode with just a smidge of the screen showing, standing up top in the Undead Parish hoping people tag me for some help with the Gargoyles.

And yes I've comfortably got the faith requirement. I'm going very faith heavy on this build, going for weapons that are boosted by it so I can ignore strength/dex a lot more(currently that sword from the Undead Dragon). Though I should probably dump some points into dex soon, slow cast speed can be very painful.

Quote Originally Posted by Scumbag View Post
    I believe it's the high attribute requirements, poor attribute bonuses (high base stats tends to mean poor bonuses), the fact that they need rarer components to upgrade and that the only go to +5. Normal weapons are exceptionally easy to take to +5, can be enchanted a lot further than that and will often get better faster with attributes.

Edit: Make that 2 medals to go, someone summoned me yay! Levelling a bit high now though, gonna try sitting by the Capra demon and hope people summon me there.

Edit: One more!

Edit: And got it! Took two attempts though, some idiot summoned me then died inside of 3 seconds to the Capra, guess he'd never heard of the 'block' button.
    Last edited by DarkFenix; 30-08-2012 at 10:41 PM.

Network Hub
    They are slow and have a massive delay after the attacks, especially the strong attacks.

Today I found out that doing the Demon Spear's strong attack while fighting a Silver Knight is both a good and bad idea.
    It is a bad idea as, as a strong attack, it has a massive wind-up before the hit.
    It is a very good idea as, during the wind-up, you are pretty much touching the floor. You end up too low for the spear knights to hit you. I managed to narrowly avoid death and then lunge one to death. Repeat testing showed it worked for most of their attacks.
    This is now my second favourite weapon.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    36k souls gone. Precisely the same way I lost 24k earlier and swore I wouldn't again. Impatience. FML.

Finally my copy arrived! Wandered all the way to Blighttown with my wanderer. Only problem is that I can hardly summon anyone. For every 10 attempts maybe 1 successful summon. That also means less invasions, of course. I've been wandering around all evening being human and all and no pesky red phantom wanted to kill me undead yet. On the PS3 I'd run into an invasion everytime I catch some breath.

I've been playing strength-, faith- and mage-builds on the console, hence I'm trying a dex-build this time around. Pretty fun, apart from the lack of damage for every non-critical hit. And the fact that an almost dead Havel nailed me to the floor with one shot when I missed my last parry...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    I've made my way quite far through the DLC content, as far as I can tell.

It's pretty refreshing to not play it with a wiki or any other kind of guide, I have no idea what I'm doing! (Other than dying, often) After beginning with the worlds most boring generic area, it quickly begins to get very fucking weird, and very fucking creepy, very fucking quickly.

Awesome stuff.

Edit: You parried Havel?! Brave brave man. My dex man just walked around him in circles until he gave up and let me backstab him repeatedly.

Network Hub
    well after all this hype I downloaded the game and now im trapped in GFWL limbo :(

my account got locked in the past apparently and the unlock mail gets sent to an email address that physically cant exist instead of my actual email address. And I cant have it be sent to my actual email address because thats the one thats supposed to be locked (its not).

so now i had to create a new email address to have a form sent to to unlock my gfwl account which i will receive in less then 24 hours hopefully.

Incidentally while trying to fix this i discovered that my GFWL account is atleast 4 years old. Nice to know that after all this time its still just as much a worthless broken system as it was 4 years ago.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Scumbag View Post
    The Chaos Witch Was rather predicable in her attacks and she had low health
    Low on health, high on def. I did what, 75 damage to her per swing? Same as Gaping Dragon.

Not as much of a chore ultimately but still pretty pointlessly buff.

Thanks to some of y'all in this thread, Capra Demon on the second try!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    This sounds so much like Severance haha :D How is game performing on medium ranged rigs ??

Are system specs high ?
    ... I take the lives of a few to protect the lives of many. I commit acts of war to preserve the greater peace. I take no joy in killing, but make no mistake; I'll do what needs to be done. Because it's my job. It's my duty. My name is Sam Fisher, and I am a Splinter Cell.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    This sounds so much like Severance haha :D How is game performing on medium ranged rigs ??

Are system specs high ?
    It's not that much like severance in its fighting. You can't do many special strikes and most of them are very situational - it's not got the same sort of street-fighter special move system that severance did, with hundreds of different types of swing.

Other than that however it definitely feels akin to it, actually. Especially in how punishing it can be.

Quote Originally Posted by laneford View Post
    Edit: You parried Havel?! Brave brave man. My dex man just walked around him in circles until he gave up and let me backstab him repeatedly.
    Not only did I parry Havel, I also did so with a character with 10 vitality (admittedly, it wouldn't matter if 10 or 20 considering how little armor I'm wearing). I set myself the challenge to parry & riposte as much as possible and try to take on every enemy melee. Funny enough I still have more trouble parrying the handful of hollow soldiers near the bonfire than any black knight I so far encountered.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    It's not that much like severance in its fighting. You can't do many special strikes and most of them are very situational - it's not got the same sort of street-fighter special move system that severance did, with hundreds of different types of swing.

Other than that however it definitely feels akin to it, actually. Especially in how punishing it can be.

What about other part of my post,whats with specs,is game demanding or not,i mean if ps3 can run it..or is this logic false :D
    ... I take the lives of a few to protect the lives of many. I commit acts of war to preserve the greater peace. I take no joy in killing, but make no mistake; I'll do what needs to be done. Because it's my job. It's my duty. My name is Sam Fisher, and I am a Splinter Cell.

I tried to parry Havel (with the Cracked Round Shield that the Pyromancer starts with), and got crunched when I went for a quick RB to take away his last bit (couldn't have been more than 20HP) of health... yeah.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by laneford View Post
    It's pretty refreshing to not play it with a wiki or any other kind of guide, I have no idea what I'm doing! (Other than dying, often)
    It really is. Well, I am constantly looking at the pages for various gear and magic, so I know where to allocate stats for future gear/spell, but that's the extent of it. It's great to be able to just wander around, fight enemies and generally figure everything out on your own. It took a lot of deaths for the game to actually teach me how it works of course, enemies that kick my arse in 2 hits means go a different bloody way and such. It's actually helpful playing a knight for all this, high endurance means I have a lot of leeway to sit behind a shield and observe enemy attack patterns, high vitality means when I find out which attack is unblockable it doesn't kill me outright.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    So, BlightTown. Hrm. How to say it: it can go fuck itself. The place is a goddamn maze, poison and toxin every god damn where (thank god I bought the poison resistance ring) and the mosquitoes. The motherf'ing mosquitoes.

Oh well, Queelag down, second bell rung, made my way through Sen's Fortress, reached Anor Londo and got my ass handed over to me by some invader that lagstabed me (not that it mattered much, I suck at PvP anyway).

Tonight, I complete my invasion of Anor Londo!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    How does the DRM work? I'm gonna' be using another computer from tomorrow and was wondering if I could take Dark Souls with me.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    There's no real DRM, AFAIK; You'd just have to install the game at the other PC and copy over your savegames, which are apparently tied to your GFWL account. So long as you copy everything over and log in using the same GFWL account, you should be able to continue playing with your character(s).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Oh I haven't started yet. Was gonna' use the other computer to muck about and would be happy to start again when I get back from my trip in a few days. I'm a purebred PC Gamer and have barely seen so much as a screenshot of Dark Souls or Demon Souls before.

Anyway, thanks, that sounds manageable. Just don't tell those GFWL fiends I said so.