Page 84 of 176 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,680 of 3516
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohorovicic View Post
    Just crapload of bad ones with few exceptions?

You can finish the storyline with almost anything for sure, but let's not get delusional here, some weapons are clearly better than others.
    How about you chill and quit posting like you're at war with everyone over everything (it gets pretty wearing and I doubt anyone here cares for it). Bizarre as it may seem it's entirely possible to disagree with something someone says without continually coming across like a twat. I've pointed you to the rules a couple of times already, I suggest you take them on board and start obeying them before Jim comes along and puts in the cooler.
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes....

Hmm. Am I fairly well equipped if I got a Titanite Catch pole, spider shield and a full silver knight set of armour? I mean I look and feel bad-ass and can one shot everything I manage to riposte. Looking at the halberds I wont find anything better until I get the Black halberd, provided I want to keep using that type of weapon.

Also, I have every knight set in the game by mere chance (so far). No farming involved :P Lucky? I do use the covetous ring at all times though.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkFenix View Post
    Some weapon types are outright awful, some are ok but simply don't have amazing utility relative to another better type.
    Sure, the broken sword will never be of much use. The cursed weapons are only useful for about 5 minutes of the game. I don't envy someone trying to beat the game with the sorcerer's starting dagger. But the majority of weapons are useful. The BK weapons, Balder's, Richard's, Longsword, Silver Knight Spear, Spears in general, Iaito, Uchigatana, Battle Axe, Artorias, Kellogs, Murakumbo, Shotel, Halberd, Stone Greatsword with it's inbuilt tranquil walk of peace, Zweihänder etc. are all useful weapons and I find it hard to say which one would be 'best'.
    Still, this does leave a perfectly reasonable number of viable weapons to use spread across a wide variety of types.
    It's all situational I'd say. There was a certain bias in pvp towards certain greatswords, but in the pc version they got just slow enough that it's not able to simply stunlock everyone (which caused some calling them 'broken' immediately). Now a lightning-zweihänder-wielding darkwraith can get his ass handed over by someone with a painting guardian sword if he's not careful.

And with power within, crystal magic weapon and red tearstone ring pretty much every fully upgraded weapon can deal enough damage to make it a viable option (except, well, the broken sword). There are some that are easier to use, sure. And it has to fit to the playstyle. If you use a dagger while running (well, crawling...) around in Havel's armor I'm not sure how that will work out.
    currently playing: Assetto Corsa
    Steam/GFWL/PSN: namefinder

Join our racing games subforum! Going wide and braking late since 1886!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    To be fair, the broken sword DOES have a use...
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

yes, but not in combat :P
    currently playing: Assetto Corsa
    Steam/GFWL/PSN: namefinder

Join our racing games subforum! Going wide and braking late since 1886!

Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    Don't be a tease Gundato.Beyond feeding to Frampt what can it be used for? (I'm curious to know).

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Activated Node
    Is Mohorovic always like this? I swear, every bloody thread I read!

With respect to the topic. The pike is freaking awesome once you've got enough strength to wield it one handed. It get's a bad rep though, probably because the min requirements are so high.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadayi View Post
    Don't be a tease Gundato.Beyond feeding to Frampt what can it be used for? (I'm curious to know).
    Only use I've found for it is +10 to turn it into something decent! :P

Network Hub
    Spoiler: http://tinyurl.com/c9pfeyp

Heh better go farm me some hollows then :)

Probable Replicant

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    How about you chill and quit posting like you're at war with everyone over everything (it gets pretty wearing and I doubt anyone here cares for it). Bizarre as it may seem it's entirely possible to disagree with something someone says without continually coming across like a twat.
    My God, THIS. It's like every time someone says something about the game, he comes in and shits his opinion or something he read online in a big steaming pile, then pushes the poster's face in it.
    "What were we talking about? Pegasuses, pegasii, that's horses with wings. This motherf*cker got a sword that talks to him. Motherf*cker live in places that don't exist, it comes with a map. My God."

Is it only weapons with the Regular attack animation that can do backstabs and ripostes?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    No, almost all weapons can backstab/riposte, I believe the only exceptions are in fact whips and shields.

Some look a bit weird with the animations though; scythes for instance use the stab animation (not sure why they didn't use the 'double tap' animation for those).

That Storm Ruler sword looks fucking awesome, now I feel really cheated with the 'special' weapons in Dark Souls
    Storm Ruler exists purely for that boss fight. It's not very good otherwise.

Sounds like it was a considerably inferior game, taking too many cues from MMO's.
    It isn't strictly inferior (I preferred it overall), but it did have non-free-refill healing items which are spammable, and they could be abused. Farming was unnecessary unless you were trophy hunting for rare drops though.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    Sadly, the Greatsword of Artorias does not. Not being able to enchant it is one thing but the moveset is just awkward.

If it had same moveset as the bastard sword I'd probably be making a build for it right now.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Greatsword of Artorias is a decent choice for any "battlemage" style character. It isn't the best weapon out there, but it scales rather well with all attributes. So if you have a Bard, you potentially benefit more from that than a dedicated weapon (like Balder Side Sword which is a dex-char's wet dream).
    The lack of Fire and Lightning hurts a bit, but you already are getting magic damage, so just swap out a different weapon if you go up against someone with a resistance.

And a divine bonus is quite regularly helpful.

GoA isn't my favorite weapon, but it is definitely a decent choice if you like greatswords.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

I think the new Obsidian Greatsword is slightly better (for PVP) because although it doesn't have any scaling it can be buffed. I was very surprised when an Anor Londo invader put Crystal Magic Weapon on it...

Quote Originally Posted by Oshada View Post
    Heh I hear about this. I particularly liked the fact that they included the laughing aspect as well.

Probable Replicant

Lesser Hivemind Node
    A shame they didn't get 'Solitaire' to follow you around for a bit as a fairly useless NPC helper, making comments about jolly cooperation.

A shame they didn't get 'Solitaire' to follow you around for a bit as a fairly useless NPC helper, making comments about jolly cooperation.
    He may be a tad useless but he's still a Sunbro Fenix.

Probable Replicant